Bocchi Hakase to Robot Shoujo no Zetsubou Teki Utopia - Vol. 2 Ch. 33 - Lonely Professor and Partings

Dex-chan lover
Well shit thats insanely sad that the professer we thought we know all along died back in chapter 17. And everything up until now was a hologram. And also the major fact that the android girl is likely carrying the virus since she lived in an enclosed space with him, and will transport it to the refuges over in New York as well.

The answer is in all of our noses. They don't make it to New York! At best, the boat they depart on is of CE B certification, not something rated to cross neither the Atlantic nor Pacific.

I think the ending is left ambiguous on purpose. It looks like he is some kind of hologram in the last page, but it could also be that he is actually nervous and he is just shaking, but it didn't look normal if it was just that.
I think prof is already dead by the time they are on the boat.

Overall, I think this was a great manga and the author's newest manga, Frieren, I also great.

Double-page supporter
Well, there's no chance they're reaching New York. The ship is way too small and they didn't bring enough supplies. Plus neither of them have experience sailing. I think the professor is still alive at the end, though. He did lift up boxes after all.

i see a lot of people saying he's a hologram and died back in 17 but how does a hologram cry, cough up blood, and interact with the physical environment?

Dex-chan lover
So there was another robot after all, and a big civilization. Thanks for bringing this manga to an end. I Can't wait to see what is next that you translate.

Double-page supporter
The professor died on the boat. It keeps with the theme that he’s always just a step too slow. So no, he hasn’t been dead all along, and no he didn’t die 10 chapters ago.
Also America has obviously already been devastated by the virus. So no, she’s not bringing the virus to them.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the author wanted to say more, for example what happened to Teacher, but they didn't give him enough chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@Hoomanadaw a virus can’t survive long if it’s outside a host few hours at best even of she is always damn with saliva or water it will take weeks and without any host for them to reproduce they’d be long dead considering it will take her years to go to New York.

Contributor
Alright, time to read Sousou no Frieren and obsessively look for any hidden references to this story.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously, I hate this kind of endings, where nothing happens. Such irresponsibility from authors not giving proper closure....

Thanks for the translation. Loved the story, but the end is totally disappointing.

Dex-chan lover
We know he was alive very recently when he coughed blood into the sink. Most likely he died on the ship, with the shaking being a metaphor. A second possibility is him dying and buried at the cemetery he wanted to be at, and setting up preparations to send the girl off to find survivors before he died by preparing supplies and a fake hologram to motivate her. His lifting boxes also suggests he is still alive in this chapter, at least before the boat. Him dying and staying at the cemetery with the others makes the most sense to me, with him sending the robogirl off to find survivors now supplies were prepared for her trip across the Pacific.

Double-page supporter
@Eloyas Only one of them need to eat and he is supposedly pretty fat... and might die before they get there anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread