Boku no Heya ga Dungeon no Kyuukeijo ni Natteshimatta Ken - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - The Case of the Darkness that Lurks along with a new Home

Dex-chan lover
Japan sure have it nice. If that was the States and someone traspassed your home like that, he would be shot LOL

Dex-chan lover
Crazy cable guy sumo wrestler.
It's not a ploy from some shady organization, it really is a sumo wrestler trespassing houses
Suddenly, the door that only seemed to work for the MC works for everyone else when plot convenient.

Yeah, I'm out. I was enjoying it for what it was, but clearly the writer has stopped caring at all.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
Enami must be one of those pushy has to have their way salesmen who bends the rules just to make a sale. Really, he's got no right to enter or search the MC's house for a tv, make a mess without cleaning it up, and if the potential customer says no that should be final. If MC wasn't hiding the presence of the others he'd have every right to call the police and arrest Enami for illegal entry, trespassing, and assault. After all, what the other two did could be considered self-defense. Frankly I'm surprised Enemi got along so well with the monsters who'd have no idea what cable or a tv is. Although it's really suspicious he didn't balk at the wall behind the door and entered while touching one of the monsters as if he knew needed to do so beforehand.

Aggregator gang
@Tearsax: And the shooter would be the one jailed because laws don't care. Punching them out, however, is too grey an area for cops to care, so loosen those teeth!!

@Mathiason I guess you're not familiar with the dreaded NHK guys? They're not salesman, they are fee collectors/license inspectors and are notorious for their aggresive tactics

Fed-Kun's army
@TwEeD No, not familiar with NHK. Where I am, if don't pay fees they cut the service until paid. Bills are usually mailed or emailed and sometimes a phone call. Only people who show up at the door are salesmen. Whether have a tv or not is nobody's business but the owner's so can't go in to look for tvs without permission or would be liable for trespassing.

@goarachnidlaser If you look closely, the door rules haven't changed, except maybe a bit of license at the very beginning.

Anyone can come into the room from the Japan side and the door will be open to Japan - until it's closed. The artistic license here is that the door should have only opened to Japan if the salesman was turning the knob from the outside, but hey, plot convenience.

The salesman left through the front door into the dungeon - exactly as expected.

Now watch as the salesman is talking to the monsters - the monsters decide to leave, and the salesman puts his hand on the monster's shoulder as they walk through the wall. That's also within the rules - as long as one person is allowed to pass, anyone touching them will pass as well.

Personally, I found this chapter to be hilarious. Pushy assholes like this guy exist, and this one refused to listen to anyone and ended up lost in a dungeon on another world. He got what was coming to him.

@TwilightFaze Depends what state you're in. Trespass into someone's home here in Oklahoma and you're fair game. A cop once told a friend of mine, "If you shoot a man on your porch, make sure to drag him into the house before you call the cops. There's a lot less paperwork for me and you don't go to prison."

Of course, in a case like this it's considered courteous to at least give the guy the chance to leave after you level the gun at him.

Double-page supporter
The dungeon seems perfect for the purpose of disposing uninvited house guests, what does he owe the dude that he'd bother saving him?
I mean, it's not even a cute girl.

Double-page supporter
guess it wasn't
300px-DarkMagicianGirl-LED6-EN-C-1E.png

Dex-chan lover
Just rereading this after so long wondering why I didn't read up the the latest chapter... and now I remember I dropped reading this because of this chapter. F-ing MC just let the stranger into his house and rummage through his things. That's trespassing and normally he can just let that guy die for it. He would even be covered by the law. F-ing stupid.

I've heard about this from Joey aka The Anime Man from one of their podcasts. There's this absurd law about paying for cable just because a homeowner or a tennant has a TV. Like, nobody uses catv anymore (or so I think). And the purpose of having a TV isn't just for cable.

Yes, if you decide to live in Japan (after giving up your citizenship from your homecountry) and own a TV, these motherfuckers will show up and tell you to pay for them despite that you don't watch their shit.

@OP_Zed the amount of absurd laws that Japan has is staggering, Connor was losing his mind about it

@OP_Zed I agree. Have you seen their shows on regular schedules? They are depressingly optimistic, as they treat every single thing as an over exaggeration of what you are supposed to know. Like food tastings by hosts or interviews of individuals.

Users who are viewing this thread