Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 9 Ch. 126 - I'm Airing My Frustrations

Supporter
In all seriousness, I think we're seeing the difference between Kyou throwing himself into exam prep for middle school and doing it again for high school.

Back then, he got deeper and deeper and deeper into it, living an unbalanced life for weeks and months on end, wallowing in self-denial, pouring his entire being into being "ready" but freaking out once he actually got there and breaking down.

Now, he wants to do the same things that wrecked him before...but his people recognize all those same signs and won't let him make the same mistakes no matter how hard he tries. And...they now have a trump card to play. I don't think his family will hesitate to lay that card down as much as necessary. And maybe even beyond that.

As the sage Azusagawa Sakuta once mused, it's good to have your parents and your girlfriend get along.

Dex-chan lover
Why almost all romcom always have scene that characters about to kiss after eating dishes that has lots of garlic.
For plot purposes! That's why whenever this happens I'm instantly reminded of a manga call Suito-To. Which has the two main characters kiss in the first episode after eating garlic heavy food.

That manga was good.

Dex-chan lover
I just love Yamada soft blushy faces in these last chapters. They capture so much passion. It's truly great that Kyo met Yamada.

This also feels like a continuation of a previous situation: She has had her fair share of experience with frustration with her trying and failing things over and over and crying and getting frustrated. I don't know the chapters for the arc it's when she explains that she's tried many sports of hobbies but always quit because someone was better then her and then her family had a nice meel with her to cheer her up. She's talked about this experience with Kyo in Chapter 106 in the infirmary after Kyo lost to Ichida at the sport festival. Back in 106 she said "Mama always used to tell me not to forget those feelings of frustration. She says they're what push you forward more than anything else". This scene reminds of that. I took it as: hardship can be frustrating and one should use this as a motivator and not give in to despair. (That being said going meta for a second. It's absolutely right to test your limits and try and try again but once it's really making you miserable one should accept that and move their energy somewhere else... but this is going a bit to far for this specific scene.)

Also the flashback to chapter 110 where Yamada broke down. I did not get that Kyo was feeling relief at that at all. I get it with this extra context now. Venting like this is very very vulnerable and intimate. It's the ugly stuff it's the bad thoughts that we usually keep to ourself. And she just let them all out back then and this trust and intimacy was the push he needed to confess.

Dex-chan lover
This is perhaps my favorite romance manga in.. well, damn. A long time. Mikadono Sanshimai wa Angai, Choroi coming in at a close second.

Dex-chan lover
Why almost all romcom always have scene that characters about to kiss after eating dishes that has lots of garlic.
I personally have seen this happen very rarely.

But I do know anyone will find it uncomfortable to have their first kiss taste like that!

Dex-chan lover
i am eternaly sad and lonely piece of shit, dont be like me dudes dont hold to your feelings because of other people otherwise you will too think about k*lling yourself every day

Dex-chan lover
Wise decision my boy, not that Anna wouldn't of cared she did say she loved the stuff lol

aTnLBFS.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread