Boku to GAL ga Fufu ni Narumade - Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Sora and Luna were both willing to go through with it! But Sora realizes becoming intimate with Luna for the first time really should be special. They're both too hesitant for it to go very well. They both love each other too much to waste their one chance! So they gotta learn what to do first!

Now that they know they're willing to give their first time t each other, I'm sure that they'll be less prone to secrets and misunderstandings! This story has been pretty wild so far, so I wanna see more of what happens!

Dex-chan lover
giphy.webp

Jokes aside, it was sweet of him reassuring her. Maybe not that credible, but it's still chapter 9, you gotta milk it harder.

Dex-chan lover
You have to understand that years of reading shitty Heisei-era romantic comedies have warped the perceptions of the average manga reader. The constant fake-outs from mangaka like Komi, Miyajima, Haruba, and of course the progenitor Akamatsu have made readers angry because they were expecting a payoff that was never returned to them - ignoring the fact that they’re Shonen romcoms that were aiming for maximum conflict so that they could run for as long as they need.

Hence why now, if a romantic manga doesn’t have the main characters immediately get in a relationship and have penis-in-pagina action within the first volume, people get mad. They want an immediate romantic couple with minimal-to-no conflict at all, and then are surprised when so few authors can do that well.
ok what manga did you list besides komi san?

Dex-chan lover
Well, you know, some historic japanese figures had such strong spirits they were kamified after their deaths. Maybe Shinzo Abe might get that treatment one day. :huh: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taira_no_Masakado This is one of them.
Taira no Masakado was an absolute boss, the legend says that his decapitated head flew during the night from kyoto all the way to modern day tokyo and you can still find the mound where it is buried. If anyone is interested watch Buyuden Japanese History's Japanese history the Textbook episode 10 to learn more

Dex-chan lover
This was actually a reasonable situation. FL was trying to rush into sex either because that's how she was taught how relationships work (possibly from her family) or because she has liked him for a long time already so her feelings have already reached the point of wanting to move on to the physical step, even if she has no experience herself. Although I will say that the way she said that was odd. Not to put a damper on this story, but she may be a virgin mentally (as in she's never intentionally had sex with a guy), but not physically. Possibly nonconsentually. Just a thought.

I'm more curious about her room and financial situation. She probably is a 'stalker' of the ML and has a shrine of sorts in her room. But how can she afford all this? Heiress? High-profile streamer? Yakuza daughter? Who knows.

Contributor
ok what manga did you list besides komi san?
I wasn’t listing manga, I was listing authors

Naoshi Komi, author of Nisekoi. Reiji Miyajima, author of Rent-A-Girlfriend. Negi Haruba, author of Quintuplets. Ken Akamatsu, author of Love Hina.

Komi-sam I wouldn’t really place in there because the focus isn’t on Komi and Tadano’s relationship, it’s about her getting 100 quirky friends. If you only read it for the shipping, then no shit you’ll be disappointed.

Dex-chan lover
While i like his reasoning for not wanting to do it (even if it's there solely to milk the manga)
I really hate how his way of acting is different between she having or not having experience
Literally saying he wants to treasure it more because she's a virgin is downright disgusting, implying she's a funko that has yet to be unboxed
In part it's a cultural thing. On the other hand, shifting perspectives when you learn initial assumptions were incorrect IS normal. Other works deal more "in-depth" with the virginity issue, whereas here it's a factor/device, rather than a core plot (so far). To be fair to him, she came on strong, and through her own admission it was an intentional portrayal. "Disgusting" is a little harsh, in light of the revelation of her real motivations and expectations. I don't think it's a case of her being seen as "clean/unclean", but more a matter of them being more on the same level and more similar than was understood prior. Value systems have a lot to do with it, and clearly they don't understand each others, and hers is a little "off" when it translates into her actions.

Dex-chan lover
You have to understand that years of reading shitty Heisei-era romantic comedies have warped the perceptions of the average manga reader. The constant fake-outs from mangaka like Komi, Miyajima, Haruba, and of course the progenitor Akamatsu have made readers angry because they were expecting a payoff that was never returned to them - ignoring the fact that they’re Shonen romcoms that were aiming for maximum conflict so that they could run for as long as they need.

Hence why now, if a romantic manga doesn’t have the main characters immediately get in a relationship and have penis-in-pagina action within the first volume, people get mad. They want an immediate romantic couple with minimal-to-no conflict at all, and then are surprised when so few authors can do that well.
Welcome to Reiwa, though it's more about the departure from pre-relationship drama, and on to more dating drama, than just "on to sex". Sex can obviously play a role in it, but it's not integral.

Most of the ones you mentioned do have the " payoff " mentioned, though Haruba had to "fix" it with the movie, and Miyajima deserves an award for Most-Milked series (read as Most Needlessly Drawn Out). But I don't disagree with the conditioning, only the characterization of Reiwa era equaling a jump to sex.

I think its more there's a large demographic of readers who want "couples" to connect physically, in order to feel satisfied. There's too many potential reasons for that so I won't even try. It's an organic shift from spending a series on edge for a couple to confess/get together. With that milestone taken care of, they find themselves a new "goal". I guess it depends on whether or not you enjoy the more realistic SOL aspects of a romance.

Dex-chan lover
She said she was a virgin though.
i know, i read the chapter, i guess i should've phrase what i said better, but my point is exactly that, this manga already shows that it won't be anything risky, assuming that, we can toss anything that are risky stuff about her job, like anything sexually related (because sex work doesn't exactly just mean you bang someone)

Dex-chan lover
I have a sneaking suspicion that it's something similar to what was in Miharu's room in Otonari Tenshi, but probably greater in scale due to the tonal difference in the manga. Or it could be the last boyfriend's mummified corpse. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
the biggest guess right now from most people is that she's massive stalker because the author implying it as well, but i wonder if it'll be actually that, considering the author obviously hinting as if the girl is a stalker (she does have the tendency though)

Dex-chan lover
i know, i read the chapter, i guess i should've phrase what i said better, but my point is exactly that, this manga already shows that it won't be anything risky, assuming that, we can toss anything that are risky stuff about her job, like anything sexually related (because sex work doesn't exactly just mean you bang someone)
Well that's true, but the way she said it was her first time was a little weird though, to quote it she said
"It's not like I can judge you, since doing something like this with a man, I guess you could say it's my first time too..?"
Now the question is was she saying it like she was embarassed it was her first time like with a little bit of humour or was she meaning that you could say it was her first time even though she has been doing lewd things before or something

But I just think that in her room is a bunch of information on the MC, like pictures, video tapes maybe even like past uniforms he's used or something, like super stalkerstuff because she did say in previous chapters when he was being distant
"Should I tail him in secret, I could hire a detective or attach a gps monitor to him" then continues to say "I don't do that kind of stuff anymore, at least not since I got to know him""

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
:questionblob: Is it normal for Japanese Male Teenagers to have this kind of self restraint?

If I'm in a relation with a sexy woman and she pounces me in lingerie, all thoughts of holding back would just go POOF, and fly away. I'm well past being a teenager, and that's still true.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's me seeing a lot of these previous chapter ending on a "will they do it or not" then the following chapter is "of course nothing will happen" but I'm actually ok with it for this manga. I believe it is probably because he gave a proper response & assess that she's not really all that experienced. Plus Sora genuinely wants to learn more about Luna before they do the deed. Anyways don't want to let this be too long but thanks for the translations.
it's indeed normal to want to know more about her before doing anything

Users who are viewing this thread