Boku to GAL ga Fufu ni Narumade - Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Is Lust such a strange concept in Japan? It’s always about responsibility and family.

This is how Amish act in the bedroom, it’s silly. There is no lust, no emotion, just responsibility. This is not how two horny teenagers act. Instead they agree to abstain until they get older… all they need are purity rings.

This exact conversation happened in Anjou recently and it’s just so weird and preachy.
this is why japan has a declining population

I think she just has a bunch of sexy outfits in her room and posters of Sora-kun and a Google doc about everything there is to know about Sora-kun and watches p*rn every night and makes a list of erotic things she wants to do with Sora-kun

While i like his reasoning for not wanting to do it (even if it's there solely to milk the manga)
I really hate how his way of acting is different between she having or not having experience
Literally saying he wants to treasure it more because she's a virgin is downright disgusting, implying she's a funko that has yet to be unboxed
Yeah, men like virgins. Who'da thunk it except every man ever.
Is Lust such a strange concept in Japan? It’s always about responsibility and family.

This is how Amish act in the bedroom, it’s silly. There is no lust, no emotion, just responsibility. This is not how two horny teenagers act. Instead they agree to abstain until they get older… all they need are purity rings.

This exact conversation happened in Anjou recently and it’s just so weird and preachy.
Yeah, sex is always about responsibility and family. This may come as a shock to you, but some cultures remember that and try to instill these sorts of things into their children.

Dex-chan lover
At least for me, it's not about seeing them do the deed. I'm not all that bothered by it. It's moreso that we expect teenagers, when presented with the opportunity for it, will more likely than not agree to do it. In this instance, Sora does not seem to really entertain the idea much, beyond a brief lapse of judgement. He then calmly lays out the case that he feels they are too young to be having that sort of intimacy.

I'm fine with teenagers having reasons to put off physical intimacy, but it's getting kinda tired where we frequently have female characters eager to do the deed, and the male protagonist being the paragon of purity going "hol' up, let's wait till older", which doesn't feel like a realistic portrayal of teenage relationships and seems more like something inserted by the morals police to make sure we all get that, hey, people under 18 should not be having intimacy, that's strictly reserved for adults, this relationship is nothing but wholesome.

It stinks because it doesn't read credible, not because I wanna read about kids having hanky-panky.

Dex-chan lover
:questionblob: Is it normal for Japanese Male Teenagers to have this kind of self restraint?

If I'm in a relation with a sexy woman and she pounces me in lingerie, all thoughts of holding back would just go POOF, and fly away. I'm well past being a teenager, and that's still true.
I suppose upbringing plays a part in this. =/

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's me seeing a lot of these previous chapter ending on a "will they do it or not" then the following chapter is "of course nothing will happen" but I'm actually ok with it for this manga. I believe it is probably because he gave a proper response & assess that she's not really all that experienced.

It's normally frustrating because there's some contrived reason for the MC to chicken out or random cockblock.

Here, MC was ready. But he also read Luna's body languages and realized she wasn't ready. Which is fine, realistic, and mature to realize. And it's not like it'd out of nowhere; she got flustered over a peck on the cheek 3 chapters ago lol. No way they were emotionally ready to bang.

There's still progress since they are understanding one another now and it's not some hokey "but we're not married" stuff (it felt like it was going that direction early in).

Dex-chan lover
the biggest guess right now from most people is that she's massive stalker because the author implying it as well, but i wonder if it'll be actually that, considering the author obviously hinting as if the girl is a stalker (she does have the tendency though)
Yeah... That's along the lines of my reference. Iykyk

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, men like virgins. Who'da thunk it except every man ever.

Yeah, sex is always about responsibility and family. This may come as a shock to you, but some cultures remember that and try to instill these sorts of things into their children.
I'm going to throw this out there, admittedly because I'm stirring the pot a little, but its also a decently logical rationale I've heard. "An experienced female knows what other men like, an inexperienced female can learn what I like" Before someone gets on a soapbox about misogyny, it's chauvinistic in nature, not misogynistic, which, when talking about a male perspective is inherent by definition (and that's ACTUAL definition, not common usage). Personally, none of it has any real significance to me, so I'm just entertaining myself.

Dex-chan lover
On one hand, he does have good reasons for stopping. On the other, at the end of it, it's all just rationalizations. First time isn't particularly special, and the responsibility part is about the potential consequences of sex, not sex itself, and those can be prevented. They should mainly just consider whether they want it, without any "buts" involved. In particular, inexperience is not a reason not to, since the only way to go past that is actually having sex.

Contributor
:questionblob: Is it normal for Japanese Male Teenagers to have this kind of self restraint?

If I'm in a relation with a sexy woman and she pounces me in lingerie, all thoughts of holding back would just go POOF, and fly away. I'm well past being a teenager, and that's still true.
Naaa, i guess is a thing only on entertainment japanese media, like no drink before 18 and other politically correct bullshits (but they are fine with fastfood, toxic beverages like energy drinks, milk, cofee, medications for a little fever, etc...).
I think lot of authors are forced to follow certain rules and constrains to be able to publish their works on some magazines, sorta of propaganda, i think some lobby have so much power that they pressure publishers to advertise their crappy medical and food stuff otherwise they cut out funds.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
At least for me, it's not about seeing them do the deed. I'm not all that bothered by it. It's moreso that we expect teenagers, when presented with the opportunity for it, will more likely than not agree to do it. In this instance, Sora does not seem to really entertain the idea much, beyond a brief lapse of judgement. He then calmly lays out the case that he feels they are too young to be having that sort of intimacy.

I'm fine with teenagers having reasons to put off physical intimacy, but it's getting kinda tired where we frequently have female characters eager to do the deed, and the male protagonist being the paragon of purity going "hol' up, let's wait till older", which doesn't feel like a realistic portrayal of teenage relationships and seems more like something inserted by the morals police to make sure we all get that, hey, people under 18 should not be having intimacy, that's strictly reserved for adults, this relationship is nothing but wholesome.

It stinks because it doesn't read credible, not because I wanna read about kids having hanky-panky.
Lets try this again... Tablet ate my comment last time.

Firstly, Japanese (and in a greater sense Asian) conventions regarding intersex physical intimacy of all levels is very different than those in the West. Media tends to exaggerate for effect, but they do exist.

Next, pumping the brakes because he realizes her motivations and is a virgin is rational. Clearly they both ascribe value to her virginity (him in holding back, her in seeking to use it to grow closer) just with different perspectives. If anything, it could be read as him being consistent in both acts; both giving in because he thought that's what she "wanted" and in holding back when he understood further. She as well was consistent; using her "first time", and sex in general to seek to grow closer, one could hazard because she knows its important, and therefore corresponds with how important closing the distance between them is.

There aren't as many manga with overtly lustful MCs for a variety of reasons. Not the least of which is reader demographics. Most younger males undoubtedly find it more appealing to be pursued sexually, if even vicariously. Mangaka are still working for a reason.

Our Dating Story is an interesting example of a " lustful" MC and a non-virgin FMC, its quite good, and offers another perspective. There are also several examples of MCs NOT being able to hold back, but I think cultural palatability plays a role there, and it takes a fairly skilled author to write "Fluffy Erotica" without it seeming disingenuous. If I remember, I'll dig up some more titles.

I'm going to throw this out there, admittedly because I'm stirring the pot a little, but its also a decently logical rationale I've heard. "An experienced female knows what other men like, an inexperienced female can learn what I like" Before someone gets on a soapbox about misogyny, it's chauvinistic in nature, not misogynistic, which, when talking about a male perspective is inherent by definition (and that's ACTUAL definition, not common usage). Personally, none of it has any real significance to me, so I'm just entertaining myself.
The real logical rationale is that women who have other partners are unreliable mates. If you can't be trusted to control yourself in the past, you can't be in the future

Dex-chan lover
The real logical rationale is that women who have other partners are unreliable mates. If you can't be trusted to control yourself in the past, you can't be in the future
Well I don't know if that qualifies as "logical", but then again, humans are the only animal that consistently functions against instinct so... Logical is relative.

Dex-chan lover
So why isn't that logic gender flipped other than as an exception?

Dex-chan lover
Just shut the fuck up man. Whats that about "Becoming adults"? You just want her to wait until shes 30 or something? I get he is scared but the "i will do it when im a grown up" bs that happens in every shonen manga tilts me so much

Users who are viewing this thread