Boku to GAL ga Fufu ni Narumade - Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
:questionblob: Is it normal for Japanese Male Teenagers to have this kind of self restraint?

If I'm in a relation with a sexy woman and she pounces me in lingerie, all thoughts of holding back would just go POOF, and fly away. I'm well past being a teenager, and that's still true.
In general, on the average, it's fair to consider Japanese citizens more "reserved" in many ways. There are outliers, both existing in acceptable cultural phenomena (think idol fandom) to "outcast" groups (think yankees). Naturally the culture has and is evolving, but it has deep, old roots. "Traditional" behaviour and codes of conduct were very ritualized and rigid throughout history.

Short answer... Its not an unjustifiable set of behaviours... Maybe just hard to rationalize.

Well I don't know if that qualifies as "logical", but then again, humans are the only animal that consistently functions against instinct so... Logical is relative.
Evolution's wired this disgust into us. We only have to figure out why. And that's why.
So why isn't that logic gender flipped other than as an exception?
Because men and women are different. But I wouldn't recommend sleeping with highly experienced men in the first place. Women instinctively disagree.
Just shut the fuck up man. Whats that about "Becoming adults"? You just want her to wait until shes 30 or something? I get he is scared but the "i will do it when im a grown up" bs that happens in every shonen manga tilts me so much
How about until they're older than 16? How about until they can actually get married like normal people?

Dex-chan lover
DEAR FUCKING AUTHOR :
IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT, THEN DON'T DO IT YOU BITCH!
JUST CREATE A NORMAL ROMANCE FOR A MIDDLE SCHOOLER!

Dex-chan lover
I suppose upbringing plays a part in this. =/
In general, on the average, it's fair to consider Japanese citizens more "reserved" in many ways. There are outliers, both existing in acceptable cultural phenomena (think idol fandom) to "outcast" groups (think yankees). Naturally the culture has and is evolving, but it has deep, old roots. "Traditional" behaviour and codes of conduct were very ritualized and rigid throughout history.

Short answer... Its not an unjustifiable set of behaviours... Maybe just hard to rationalize.

"Maybe just hard to rationalize"... 100% agree with that last statement.

I could understand resisting her advances if he was already in a relationship with a different person... but he's in a relationship with her. I guess Japanese Culture is strong enough to overcome the urges and instincts to reproduce. Or he just has a very low sex drive to begin with.

Naaa, i guess is a thing only on entertainment japanese media, like no drink before 18 and other politically correct bullshits (but they are fine with fastfood, toxic beverages like energy drinks, milk, cofee, medications for a little fever, etc...).
I think lot of authors are forced to follow certain rules and constrains to be able to publish their works on some magazines, sorta of propaganda, i think some lobby have so much power that they pressure publishers to advertise their crappy medical and food stuff otherwise they cut out funds.

While I agree that this explanation is the most likely... I also hate it the most because it stomps on the rights of the creator to freely express their story. :qq:

Dex-chan lover
I have a sneaking suspicion that it's something similar to what was in Miharu's room in Otonari Tenshi, but probably greater in scale due to the tonal difference in the manga. Or it could be the last boyfriend's mummified corpse. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
It's Mahiru bro. When you say Miharu, I almost think you refer to Seirei Gensouki Heroine.

Dex-chan lover
"Maybe just hard to rationalize"... 100% agree with that last statement.

I could understand resisting her advances if he was already in a relationship with a different person... but he's in a relationship with her. I guess Japanese Culture is strong enough to overcome the urges and instincts to reproduce. Or he just has a very low sex drive to begin with.

While I agree that this explanation is the most likely... I also hate it the most because it stomps on the rights of the creator to freely express their story. :qq:
A few things, corporations in general controlling media is a global reality.

Again, one must remember that manga are STILL a commodity (serialized ones at the very least, Pixiv, Twitter, Fanbox perhaps less so, but still). Some of it is likely editorial restrictions, but at least as much is probably due to an authors desire to appeal to and be read by as large an audience as possible, and equally as likely to be the kinds of idealistic characters they want to write. (Realistic or not, I think the vast majority of authors would be hard pressed to write a good and widely accepted romance where the MMC just "jams it in" at the first opportunity, though ironically I can think of ONE good one, but it's decidedly NOT widely acclaimed) Be those reasons economic or personal, they still stand.

As far as Japanese culture goes, well, declining birthrates are real, and while it's quite a bit more complex than the scenarios in manga, obviously the culture plays a role.

A final note, having reservations about sex (when inexperienced and young) isn't particularly remarkable or unbelievable. A lot of authors choose to showcase more of the "good" side of the response spectrum. Inspire and uplift.

Supporter
Bro just said objectifying women is a biological thing, lmao nah this comment section isn't transferring their genes that's for sure

Bro just said objectifying women is a biological thing, lmao nah this comment section isn't transferring their genes that's for sure
Nobody is. Things aren't great these days. Also weird that you posted this as a stand-alone, apparently so nobody you talked to knows you responded. What you didn't count on is the "watch" feature, and the power of boredom.

Group Leader
vt80sby4v7h81.jpg

Dex-chan lover
That's bullshit.

Taking responsibility? You know there are condoms? Birth control? Even if there's a .01% of failing it's negligible.

Or if it's really that important, how about some foreplay? BJ? Going down on her?

You can do a lot of fun stuff without going all the way that's just as good as sex and they had to mood and romance for it.

Again, bullshit.

That's bullshit.

Taking responsibility? You know there are condoms? Birth control? Even if there's a .01% of failing it's negligible.

Or if it's really that important, how about some foreplay? BJ? Going down on her?

You can do a lot of fun stuff without going all the way that's just as good as sex and they had to mood and romance for it.

Again, bullshit.
Responsibility is about more than just having kids. Sex isn't something you do the moment your dick itches and there's a girl nearby. She's not ready for it, he's not ready for it, and they're both not ready for a proper marriage.

Dex-chan lover
Ngl, at this point, i'm more interested what she's so afraid of for Sora to find in her room rather than her job, because i feel like with romance manga these type, there's no way it would be sex work or something along that line because if it is, we'll know easily
She probably had a makeover and doesn't want him to see what she looked like before

Guys it’s in the title. We gotta wait until they become proper husband and wife for anything spicy T-T

I've lost interest in this one. I kind of wanted to know what the girl's secret was, stayed for the cliffhanger from previous chapter (they had some good mood going), but I don't care anymore. When there are more satisfying romcoms out there where characters only hold hands, spending more time on this feels like a waste.

Few chapters earlier when MC actually gave in, she freaked out from just kissing, so it shouldn't be surprising that nothing happened in this chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread