Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai

Dex-chan lover
@Stepark Get your head out of your ass headcanon-kun, this was being worked on for a long time, anyone with half a brain who was reading this could figure it out based on this chapter and his tweets over the last few months. Every single harem manga endings gets hate mail, 22i or WSJ had no reason to believe it would be different for them to suddenly make a change. But you wouldn't get it since you're a moron.
@MrFixit same goes for you.

Double-page supporter
Are the other girls getting a single chapter for their ending or is the series gonna rewind to some earlier point and start a whole new arc of chapters for the other girls getting paired with Yuiga?

If we take into account Nariyuki’s core character traits and how he grew in the story related to Mafuyu, it makes a lot of sense for Mafuyu and Nariyuki to have a major ending that takes into account their future together and not just a simple engagement.

Mafuyu slowly developed feelings for Nariyuki based more on his future aspirations, professional demeanor (for his age), work ethic, and genuine care for his friends and herself. Mafuyu slowly let’s others into her world, becomes a bit more social and relaxed, and reintroduces her love of skating back into her life because of Nariyuki. Also, considering she is supposed to be in the “grown-up” character role, has similar future goals as Nariyuki, and voluntarily asks him to come to her home (being vulnerable) to help out or just to have him around, I would say there is a decent chance the ending of Mafuyu and Nariyuki’s arch will be more substantial or solid compared to the other archs. Additionally, Mafuyu admired Nariyuki’s dad a great deal, and sees a lot of him in Nariyuki. That’s a big deal.

Now, I know I am projecting logic onto an illogical world, but it is based in our world so... who knows? It’s entertaining to speculate. What do you all think?

@Cscd I agree. There's also the fact that Nariyuki himself once said that he feels most comfortable and at ease when he's with Mafuyu, and Mafuyu feels that Nariyuki understands her more than anyone else. I ship them pretty hard.

Dex-chan lover
MHMMMHMHMM

MHMM

GOOD JOB AUTHOR, GOOD JOB

with that throwaway line
at the very ending
, it's all but confirmed

EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN ARCS!
EVERYONE WINS!

Aggregator gang
@Chernobyl_Worker: Nah, I think it's more of a "what-if" thing where we can choose our desired girl's ending. Meaning, this manga has no canon ending. That's my interpretation of it. We saw the first one, now the other 4 are next.

Route 1 of 5 end.
So this manga is going to have multiple endings? I admit it, I didn't see that coming. I'm fine with that. I wanted a Rizu end anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, not commiting to a single route is kinda cowardly, but if each one is as good as the first one, then this might be great.

my theory: Nariyuki actually hit his head and fall into coma when he fell off the stair on his way to the exam. that's why we get to see all route's ending because it all happened in his unconscious mind.

Well shit. I was really hoping they wouldn't
put each girl into the firework scene
because that was where I would draw the line and feel it's a cop out. I'd rather have a specific scene that stuck out in Nariyuki's mind that was different for each route. Instead they just used the same scene again, which honestly to me is the laziest part of this. I respect the idea of wanting to give everyone a happy ending (especially after the backlash of Quintuplets) but this was not a good way to do it

Aggregator gang
People complaining, but let's be real: How many manga do you know that OFFICIALLY gives alternate endings like dating sim game like this? I see it in a lot of doujin, but in an official one? Pretty rare.

I prefer Rizu and Asumi and so far I'm not a fan on how Rizu's route is starting out (I feel the whole ghost thing is shark-jumping). Uruka's was really well done, so I'm hoping the others aren't rushed and hodge-podged.

I'm honestly kind of conflicted with the idea of the omnibus ending. On one hand, The few chapters prior to Uruka's route had a specific focus on her, which makes me think she was supposed to be the winner at first, which isn't a bad idea really. On the other hand, I have never groaned as much as a did with her route with any manga I have ever read, and that's purely because of execution. The other girls quickly bowing out of the race made me think it was because they couldn't compete with Uruka and her relationship with Nariyuki, but plays off more like they decided not to because they'll complicate things. Nariyuki's dad coming back to the dead and spelling out his feelings for him removes any agency and development on his part on top of being and incredibly stupid idea(I honestly thought this was a shitpost when people are talking about it prior to the chapter being released). The only chapter that didn't irritate me was 149, and that was because Uruka and Nariyuki were actually communicating and being honest with each other for once. If that was supposed to be the undisputed canonical ending, I would rank it as one of the worst endings to a manga I have ever read, and yes I would be saying the same thing if the girls were swapped around, though I guess sticking a "Route 1/5" at the end gives people including myself the benefit to ignore it if they please.

At the same time, Omnibus feels like a copout, turning Nariyuki into a self-insert for whatever route the readers choose, and going with the presumption that the winning girl will only have conclusions to their character arcs and plotlines in their route while the others get steamrolled, none of the other endings will be definitive, at least to me. Though I guess this gives Tsutsui 4 more chances to not piss everyone off again, but we'll see how it goes and see whether or not I eat my own words.

By that notion then most VNs that have multiple routes/endings could be considered as being copouts .
I'm fairly certain this isn't a revolutionary or original idea, however I can say it's the first time I've at least seen it done on a rom-com (again, that's only based on all the manga I've read throughout the years). If anything, it's kinda refreshing to see it end like this, since this genre has remained sorta stale in terms of what kind of endings the reader could expect.

Users who are viewing this thread