Bouken ni wa, Buki ga Hitsuyou da! ~Kodawari Rudy no Kajiya Gurashi~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 5.5

Dex-chan lover
Cinccino's only potential is in using multi-hits attacks and fishing for crits. =/ Chandelure however is very solid, and I used one in Paldea as well. I've never really liked Emolga. Doesn't have much power. Good speed for support though. The Paldea dragon is also good, I hear, but I never really used him much. I didn't really like Varoom, maybe you could've subbed him for the version exclusive evolution of Charcadet? Or maybe a Scovillain with Sun support.
Cincinno is deceptively strong. With loaded dice you don't need Skill Link anymore for your multi-hits, and Technician increases the power of very multihit by 50%. So Tail Slap, for example, now has effectively 195 or so base power if every attack hits. (btw if you wanna do something REALLY evil, give it a King's Rock.)

ngl video game swords as key blanks and keychains are pretty hype. classics were frostmourne and some league characters

Dex-chan lover
In reality, little trinkets and doodads being sold as souvenirs has been a thing for thousands of years. But they never gained much popularity, since for most of human history, the concept of buying things just for fun was alien to most people outside of the rich. For the common farmer, a steady farm tool was far more urgent than having a cool necklace.

That and the fact that going around in ancient times with fancy looking stuff was a quick and easy way to get yourself killed by a robber. Still is today in some places of the world.
🤓 ACKSHUALLY, at least in the middle ages, people would go on pilgrimage to "holy places". Like this church that has the head of this saint (but this other church has the real head, so they'll visit both, just in case). These bits and pieces of saints were known as relics and housed in reliquaries. Different relics had varying effects and levels of "power".

Well to get to my point, the pilgrim would buy trinkets from these churches as proof that they actually went there and often collected these from different churches so as to prove how "holy" they were (like boy scout badges except the skill is travelling and they believed they would get some of that saints "power").

Also! There would often be "holy tea" sold by/outside of the churches. This "tea" was made with bits of scrap cloth that had touched the reliquary and so had some of its "power". These bits of cloth were soaked in boiling water to make "holy tea". Served hot because the power would obviously wear off after awhile.

Thank you for coming to my TedZ talk.

Dex-chan lover
This is likely the last of what will be included in Volume 1, which releases August 8th.
I hope you've enjoyed my translation so far. My forum title is "Group Leader," but it's really just me.
I love fantasy stories and video games, and I am a dungeon master from time to time.
I have tried my best to convey this rich world (and Rudy's awesome naming sense) in English.
We've hit the "Popular New Titles" list on Mangadex's front page, which is very cool. If you can, please support Mado by purchasing Volume 1.

My translation for the first half of Chapter 6 is on the way, and it seems the second half will release in Japan on August 9th.
I love this series, and will continue translating it as long as I can, but I'm not as fast as machine translations, so I appreciate everyone's patience as new chapters are released.
Found out about this from the popular tab, thanks for the ups! Deffos take your time. Please cook at your own pace.

First of all, thank you for translating this series, it's such a joyful and fun series to follow

Second, can't wait to see more of this world, I fucking love how cohesive yet whimsical the whole thing feels

Group Leader
I know how this turned into a Pokemon strategy (half) debate - I can see all the chapter comments - but how did this turn into a Pokemon strategy (half) debate? :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
I know how this turned into a Pokemon strategy (half) debate - I can see all the chapter comments - but how did this turn into a Pokemon strategy (half) debate? :ROFLMAO:
Are you going to say Rudy doesn't look like Tinkaton?
250px-0959Tinkaton.png

Here, I found this picture on tumblr:
21d0fd225dcda406c0d659e3c3222b467d07a5d4.jpg

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
This is likely the last of what will be included in Volume 1, which releases August 8th.
I hope you've enjoyed my translation so far. My forum title is "Group Leader," but it's really just me.
I love fantasy stories and video games, and I am a dungeon master from time to time.
I have tried my best to convey this rich world (and Rudy's awesome naming sense) in English.
We've hit the "Popular New Titles" list on Mangadex's front page, which is very cool. If you can, please support Mado by purchasing Volume 1.

My translation for the first half of Chapter 6 is on the way, and it seems the second half will release in Japan on August 9th.
I love this series, and will continue translating it as long as I can, but I'm not as fast as machine translations, so I appreciate everyone's patience as new chapters are released.
Dude, definitely take your time. This is a really good series.
Thanks for picking it up.

Users who are viewing this thread