Boukensha License wo Hakudatsu Sareta Ossan Dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei wo Oukasuru - Vol. 3 Ch. 11.2

Dex-chan lover
I really don't get what people are complaining about.

He already won. His decision to hand him to authority occurs after the guy got incapacited.
Wanting to kill at that point is just being edgy and paranoid rather than being rational.
Like, what, you think everyone trying to kill you always got connection to the underground and controls half of the world? Who are you, center of the world? The protagonist of some isekai manga?

Handing him over to be imprisoned while MC and the authority takes their sweet time getting any info from him is the most rational action, and it does half succeed since the dude now got no hand, normally enough to prevent him from taking action, if the bleeding doesn't kill him.

Dex-chan lover
not even surprised, an assassin comes to try and murder him and his new daughter and he doesn't even kill him. at this point i'm just cheering for the bad guys, at least they have some fucking sense.

Dex-chan lover
Damn! What a cliffhanger!
Will that guy ever be able to leave his house!?

@mage_goo
H'yup. But fictional stories being what they are, nobody expects for anything "rational" to happen. Either the assassin dies, or the assassin escapes. Nobody expects for a 3rd scenario.

And this why you never, ever, leave your enemy a chance to monologue! End them immediately!

Double-page supporter
wow, so stunning, so brave, such bs, how tf could he cut off both hands from a wrist boot blade ? more stupidity....

Double-page supporter
What a dumbass, this old guy is. Always chain them up from all the limbs and immobilize them so that they can't even move. You're that old, yet you don't understand even the basics, huh? Surprised how someone as stupid as this guy has even managed to live for so long in that world.

Aggregator gang
@Solipsist

At least we are now at the point of a) assassin dies or b) assassin escapes and not some shônen trope of talking to the enemy to mend his evil ways and become best buddies for life. A great step forward in my opinion.

first episodes was for 8 or 9 but after this ..... what the f..... a zero is not enough !!!!!! Is the author so stupid or just a little boy ???? i am dropping this !!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Dex-chan lover
@SvgStrgzr
Seconded. I'm surprised to see so much frustration at that part. Douglas's mistake was restraining the assassin wrong, not sparing his life.

Morally, killing is wrong. But let's set that aside because arguing morality gets nowhere. So besides that, killing him is also unhelpful in the long-term. He would be much more valuable alive and as a source of information than dead and no longer an individual threat.

In this world, there will always be threats, and knowing about them is invaluable compared to whittling down what is ultimately just a single person in what's likely an organization.

im not gay buuuuuut i think he should have blasted his ass a new one when he caught him 😈

Dex-chan lover
On top of the other reasons stated, remember that he's suppose to be an example for Ravi. He would be a terrible example for her if he went off killing people he's already beaten and captured. Remember that it doesn't STAY as self defense after someone attacks you regardless of circumstance. Once they aren't considered a threat anymore, killing them would just be considered murder.

Also, it's not the usual random shounen powerup. All that happened is that he did something he could already do a little more than usual because his and his daughter's life was on the line. It wasn't unreasonable.

Dex-chan lover
Am I alone in mentally picturing him flipping the MC off with both non-existent hands when he claims that he owes him two?

@siikalahna Sure because he can fully concentrate on stopping the guy from hurting himself with a more complex binding while also healing the poison in his own system.

Users who are viewing this thread