Boukensha License wo Hakudatsu Sareta Ossan Dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei wo Oukasuru - Vol. 7 Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
So what if they had reasons for committing crime and hurting people? What matters is that they still did that. F*ck them.

As I understand it, putting a life-debilitating curse on a person in order to "save them from killing themselves in battle" is not much different from giving them a disability, like cutting off their limb, in order to force them out of war, out of battle in order to "save them."

With this line of reasoning, have you every thought of what would happen after cursing them? "I'm sure they'll be fine, even with a life-debilitating curse, at least they'll be able to live a live outside of battle?"

Before cursing them, why not talk it out? Take time to discuss what each person wants and resolve each other's personal issues. Even if, for example, the person says "No, I won't do it", you can at least renegotiate and make a compromise! There's no be all, end all solution here.

Even if that doesn't work, well, it's better than cursing the other person without their own volition and even knowledge of you doing it to them. You are essentially forcing a choice upon them, one that will ruin their life, all for your own peace of mind.

"It's okay for you to die out of combat from having a literal life-draining curse, but please don't die in combat protecting/in front of me." That's just a shitty and selfish way of thinking.

Dex-chan lover
O.K. even if all of this is true, the curse was literally killing Douglas, like it's one thing to curse the guy so he's weaker so he doesn't continue to fight, but it's a whole other level with said curse is killing the guy and making him suffer every day he's alive.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah... I don't think this absolves them treating him like garbage after they cursed him for "good intentions"

They literally threw him out of the party and everyone treated him like dirt afterwards
Also they didn't even give him some sort of place to crash like a farm or some sort of housing for a hero.
Yep, these guys are pretty much garbage for thinking he'd be "okay"

Dex-chan lover
dude, imagine...just imagine, either he puts a lie in there or the character writing is simply inconsistent.

Fed-Kun's army
I've seen lots of sacrificial characters before and they are quite frustrating and abve all, selfish. I agree with tying up Douglas or putting a curse on him. That'd make him less suicidal.
Though, this chapter is too sudden. Author should've shown a bit of this crazy aspect of Douglas in the first chapter.

Aggregator gang
This is by far one of the most stupid plans ever. The reasons make sense but the execution is incredibly terrible and lacked every bit of goddamn oversight that if the MC was put in a vulnerable state that he would also be safe. You essentially weakened a man that was already being reckless with his life and thought that draining his powers and nothing else was a bright idea?! What they should of done is essentially set the MC down and had a straight talk about how he was endangering his life and the party and talked shit out about the problems. If that didn't work then you drain his powers and dump his ass in the nearest friendly kingdom that you trust to keep a watch on him. Not leave the man jobless and poor with no one watching his ass making sure he didn't get himself killed LIKE HE DOES SEVERAL TIMES.

Dex-chan lover
ok yeah he was fucking himself and literally throwing his life away, but their method to forcefully retire him is so fucking stupid, like god.... and even with this whole as flashback we still dont know why they are targeting the daughter...im guessing they identified her as the cause of the 2nd calamity, and honestly if she did i cant blame her, she was super abused over there and she probably lost control over her new found magic

tl;dr: no matter their intentions they are still huge pieces of shit

So in order to stop Douglas from getting hurt while covering for your weak asses you put a life threatening curse on him? To "save" him? Yeah no, fuck you "hero".

Contributor
@Doomer The MC is probably going to forgive them, but they're still going to die from the backlash from the Hex being dispelled.

Dex-chan lover
Once again, a simple conversation would have avoided all of this.

Kind of weird that the author is trying to put some of this on Douglas. Yeah it was wrong of him not to trust his party, and he clearly wasn’t dealing with his mother’s death, but the leap from that to putting a death curse on him is a huge overreaction.

Then again, they also lost trust in him, I guess some where in their minds he couldn’t be reasoned with.

Contributor
"Hey, he is going too far, why not try debilitating him and then curb stomp his face in so he won't continue and will eventually die? Seems like a good idea, let's go with that instead of talking things out." This was their motive, the entire thing. It doesn't matter what they were trying to "help" him if this was the end result. They deserve everything that happened to them.

Dex-chan lover
Wtf am i reading? they didn't want him to fight on so they put a curse on him that weakens him and will kill him at some point? What a bunch of traitors and idiots

Users who are viewing this thread