Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S Rank ni Natteta - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
That homunculi just wants love. Her dad is just being overshadowed by her now. Killing her off would be a good idea.

Fed-Kun's army
Which is more correctly (in the sense of grammar)?

For someone who got done in by me in one hit, you sure talk big.

For someone who got done by me in one hit, you're sure a big talk.

(Just want to confirm my grammar skills, kinda confused right now)

Double-page supporter
@yurirei I'm not an expert, and this is three months late, but the first sentence seems more correct and sounds better contextually. "Got done in by me" simply means "was defeated by me," whereas "got done by me" suggest something was completed(such as a meal or a project/quest). For instance: "The picture was done by me" means the picture was completed by the person. As for "you sure talk big" vs "you're sure a big talk," I believe both are accurate and mean the same thing, but the first option "you sure talk big" sounds better and personally feels more correct to me.

Again, I'm not an expert, but given that English is my first language and I've read a large variety of stories ranging from manga and western comics to full blown 500-800 page novels(all of said novels being of varying difficulties) then I'd like to think I know a fair bit about what phrases make more sense within the context of any given situation, assuming said phrases are grammatically correct. Still, it's probably best to ask an English linguist if you ever happen to come across one.

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei

"Doing someone" is typically slang for sex.

"Doing someone in" is slang for killing, or at least eliminating, someone.

You can figure it out.

Banned
Poor Milly and her confectionary-fuelled kittyboobs. She tried her best to be comforting! =<

Fed-Kun's army
I reread this manga regularly over the years because I love it so so much and I can't wait for the next updates, but one fan theory I've been holding onto for a while is that Belgrieve and the guild master Lionel were loose acquaintances in the guild where Belgrieve was the more capable senior. Specifically, they would be poorly acquainted or else Lionel would have known who Angeline was talking about whenever she boasted about her father, the one-legged Red Ogre Belgrieve. Belgrieve and Lionel are only a few years apart in age; Belgrieve was 16 or 17 when he lost his leg and a 14 year old Lionel certainly could have been an adventurer during that time since Angeline became an adventurer at 12 years old with little stigma. If they were loosely acquainted, it's possible that Lionel wouldn't have known Belgrieve's name or that he retired because he lost a leg. When Belgrieve eventually gets dragged to Orphen for some convoluted adventuring, I imagine they would meet and everyone would be surprised by the relation. This would then give some metric on Belgrieve's strength if his less capable junior made it to S rank, which would mean that Belgrieve would have been a prospective S rank had his career not been cut short. (spoiler for later manga chapters)
It would also help explain how Belgrieve is still able to consistently best the AA ranked Sasha during her training and why he can even defeat his renowned S ranked daughter

She's not wrong about that... if he was the one teaching adventurers... they'd probably have a legion of S ranks just waiting to knock the shit out of the 72 demon lords....

Users who are viewing this thread