Boy's Abyss - Vol. 4 Ch. 31 - Years and Years

Double-page supporter
@Ragnal @Beatrice I agree.

I don't think Gen is gay (unless it gets confirmed later on), but he just sees Reiji as a friend he wants to protect. And maybe his "bullying" is his twisted way of protecting (maybe so that nobody else will bully Reiji?). It maybe also that Gen is using Reiji as a reason to stay in town, since it doesn't look like he's keen on inheriting the family business. So if Reiji and Chako goes on to leave town, Gen would be sitting on his throne, a lot more lonely and miserable than he is now.

Dex-chan lover
ohhhhhhhh....fuck..
so it's codependence
he doesn't want to shoulder the suffocating reality of this town alone, that's why he desperately wants, no, demands Reiji to stay with him

and the esemori-reiji theories...idk, i can't say yet even though it's implied

Dex-chan lover
@Ragnal
Not trying to be political but you can lay the blame on western's obession with homosexuality combined with their inability to see men's friendship and attachment to one another as a platonic bond. Plus the saturation of sexual products and culture and voila.

I think people are calling Gen gay because he's weirdly possessive and obsessed with Rei. He's keeping all the cigarettes he buys him, he gets mad at the Idol for doing stuff to him and he says he'll find a woman for him and that their kids will play together. Like, its not for nothing, he just acts really odd around him

I’m confused is the mom fucking that dude for money like prostitution? Idk I skipped all the chapters and came to this since I heard the story is really depressing and I hate depressing story it always makes me sad whenever someone mentions it

tbh I see gen the most normal since he's just the typical gang leader of bullies etc. I think what gen is trying to do is for rei to spend most of his money on cigarettes so that he'll never have enough money to leave the town

Fed-Kun's army
Okay, but why did Gen have to be such an ass the whole time? couldn't he do this plan without being a dick to rei 24/7? It seems like it was just to pull off this plot twist. Feels kind of contrived

Did Gen really have to be an a hole about it? Could’ve been friends with the protagonist, and tell him about it. Really could’ve built a bond and stop some suicidal thoughts. Eh?

Users who are viewing this thread