Boy's Abyss - Vol. 4 Ch. 33 - Two Fences

Judging by how the story usually goes.... IS HE GONNA FUGG HIS OWN MOTHER???

Dex-chan lover
No idea why there's so much hostility towards victims in this series. Reiji's mom has shown nothing indicating she's cruel or even intentionally manipulative. Reiji never confronted her about his future goals or how he doesn't want to stay back. She obviously wanted help and let that leak through her words and actions but none of it was malicious. Reiji just assumed she was controlling him.
It's the opposite of Chako who had stated intentions to leave and was overlooked by her parents. The more we learn, the clearer it is that Reiji makes too many false assumptions about people. He is the Least reliable perspective in this manga. Of course I could be wrong and she could start showing her true colors once away from the teacher's eye but so far, evidence points to the mom being a weak-willed woman at the end of her rope but still a mom.

Teacher is crazy as usual and exemplifies the theme of control. No wonder reiji was obsessed with nagi. A lunatic that didnt care about him at all is probably preferable to the ones who want him on a leash.

Dex-chan lover
@Beatrice

Agreed, even the "Your mom fucked my dad" part is not even a choice, in a way she is the victim of her ex-husband abuse, which lead to her rescue and her rescuers demands a rewards, something that she obviously can't refuse (considering her life is saved by him)

Even her wanting to indirectly tie Reiji is due to the circumstances too. Reiji's grandmother is senile and can't do anything by herself, and his brother is a living trash, it's natural that she can't take care of them alone AND be expected to bring the bread to the table at the same time

Aggregator gang
Fuckin hell, all I read is fluffy slice of life manga, I'm not prepared for this drama man

Dex-chan lover
Man all the adults in this manga suck. I do feel bad for Reiji's mom but man that emotional manipulation :/

Dex-chan lover
This guy will surely kill himself by the end of the manga, the question is how big the impact will be? Who else will kill themselves?

Fed-Kun's army
That slight little moment of manipulation by his mom annoys me. Let him go jeez. Although I do feel bad for his mom.

What a dumbass
Should've just accepted it and ran away
At this point, running away would be better than whatever the fuck is coming

Why are everyone boobs getting bigger? Now even Sensei has moderate sized boobs while Suicidol now has watermelon sized boobs

Though dunno, if Reiji actually wants to get the fuck outta there, given the situation why not compromise and work for a year or two while saving up, helping his mother, and deciding where he wants to go next. Yeah this is just a manga and Sensei is clearly crazy but if she just advise and point him indirectly to go to that direction like a good ara ara sensei, she still can fuck him, not spending her savings, and actually having her own groomed good looking younger boy

His sensei definitely has something else up her sleeve. I first thought she was being nice by helping him explain to his mom about how he wants to leave but theres definitely some malicious intent behind it.

I'm just shaking my head like a bobble head throughout the entire chapter.

Best way to describe this series is a car crash. You know you shouldn't be staring at it but you cant help but look at it.

Double-page supporter
Well in the first place you can't just leave everything with sensei after you done it several times, you reap what you sow haha at this point reiji just running from everything and choosing none

Double-page supporter
Holy shit... the teacher isn’t lying per se, but it’s definitely not out of charity.

Reiji should just “fuck this shit, I’m out” and hitch hike... but it is easier said than done, especially for a teenage kid out in Japanese hickville.

the mom's stare at pg 17 gives me a bad feeling. i want to believe that she just wants reiji's best interest in mind but... :/

Users who are viewing this thread