By Spring - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - Actually...

Dex-chan lover
it doesnt feel like manga that got axed to me. this manga are better with just few chapter, if the manga is getting drag out just what do you want from it ?? the MC keep getting bullied even worst by his classmate ?? keep seeing her mom selling her self with regret having kid ?? the heroine got a chance to be get raped by her step father or else ??
im hoping that in the next last chapter i want to see both of them happy together and i realy wish his mother get other job and be happy as well

I want the mother to be happy too, the final panels of her in this chapter really do a good job of showing her mood.
She's not a bad person.

Fed-Kun's army
Nice! Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can’t wait for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow was not expecting such a quick resolution. Dunno how to feel about the time skip until we see more of it but honestly I'm glad the drama didn't keep dragging on

I expected this ending to crash and burn, but it managed to somehow avoid it with minimal damage. Good on the author despite the circumstances.

@Chocodiles author said there's gonna be quite the bonus contents in the tankoubon release of the ending.

Still can crash and burn HARD if she makes high schooler Souta to end up with a random hillbilly or a reformed thxs-to-asspulls Yuri despite of all the shit she unleashed on him. That might make G** C******, Evergreen and DomeKano's bait and switch ending look like masterpieces by comparison.

Hopefully, the omake is Souta popping the cherry at last.

@weebdonny the moment when she shouted Souta was an accident of hers, in that moment, she realized she fucked up really hard.

This manga did do enough to not feel like it was axed. It doesn't need to continue on with a hundred more chapters. Sure there are still questions like what happened to the girl and the bullying in school or what happened to him and his mom. I guess a little nod to it in the closing chapter would be sufficient enough.

Group Leader
@WhisCalifa69 I believe in Japan, someone isn't considered an adult until 20, no? I'm not familiar with Japanese laws regarding this, to be honest...

@matt619 Maybe, lol? That might actually help if they have gone straight to the police station. XD

@levyoasu No, dude... Just maybe one or two more chapters to resolve the subplots with the extra characters. Feels like they were introduced to play a more impactful role then just forgotten about. But I'd be satisfied if the final chapter has a good explanation about what happened after they left and how they are living right now.

@Mr_Detective it's actually really complicated and depends heavily on the prefecture,as Japan has national laws, but prefectures have their own laws that can overrule the national ones if the prefect ones are stricter.
Afaik, teenagers can apply for part time jobs once they turn 16yo or are in High school 2nd year.
Age of consentment is a sensitive shit, and this one depends heavily on the prefect you live in. The biggest 3 (Kanto, Kansai and Aichi) have their AoC set in 18 years old, despite of being 16yo nationwide, and a backwater prefect has set it in 13yo.

Legal age of adulthood is set in 20 nationwide, but it will be lowered to 18 in 2022 afaik. So, in story, if it actually happened in 2020 in present time before timeskip, Haru is actually legal.

Btw, there's 1.5 chapters left, as the last vol will have bonus content. Knowing how Japanese society works, it might actually make sense if only Fumi had to pay for her crimes and Yuri ft. bullies got their way, with Souta having to be forcefully transfered to another prefecture (possibly to his grandparents' house, that highly explains the rural setting in the timeskip).

Group Leader
@WhisCalifa69
Japan has national laws, but prefectures have their own laws that can overrule the national ones if the prefect ones are stricter.

So over there, state laws can somehow triumphant federal laws? How strange...

@Mr_Detective as bizarre as it sounds, it is.
Despite of being a unitary geopolitical country instead of a federal one, Japan has both national and prefectural laws, and if a law from a prefecture is harsher than its national equivalent, the prefectural one overrules the national one in said prefect.

Legal adulthood is nationwide though.

More like a self axe shame this series ended like this really liked it

With a two year time skip haru I think should be college age

Think souta should be still in high school

Hope that bish in her school gets some karma thrown her way

@Starbright especially if you go to the author's twitter, one of the answers she gave was "i could've made more chapters if i wanted to continue a bit more". So it looks more like a self-axe due to the pandemics and overwork than a typical one (i remember a tweet from late march in which she complained hard about corona fucking up her working place). As a compensation, she promised some omakes and extra contents for the tankoubon release.

There's definitely gonna be some nods to what happened after Haru rescued Souta, and considering he fkin finally got a smartphone and seems genuinely happy for the 2nd time in his life (the 1st was the failed "date" to the aquarium that still ended well), it seems he's already going steady or at least in a long distance relationship.

Fuck coronavirus. It also affected 5toubun and CSM respective authors' working methods. I recently noticed Musume no Tomodachi is also rushing its climax stage due to the 'rona.

Users who are viewing this thread