Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 8 Ch. 149 - This Concubine's Daughter is Venomous -- Makeup blogger teaching online

@JWChibi agreed, good villainess novels are usually about "not being unreasonably evil" even if the MC is cunning and savage, but pretty much all the worlds Su Luxia visits are based on shitty plots and this one was "self-made" by the world itself so I can understand why it's not "well written".

As someone else said, this webtoon pretty much criticizes the absurdity of many stories so that feeling of "no one would like the original plot" is intended

Dex-chan lover
ngl, the fact that I did stumble upon a story that was almost as dumb as this make me lose my hope in humanity...

I hope she meets her son from the first arc, it would be interesting if he recognizes her aura or something as that of his dear mother!

I love reading stories about villainess but if the villainess is like mingyue, i would fucking hate her. She's just mean, there's nothing else interesting about her

Meo

Dex-chan lover
@Raikuha : I would say it's true that we want "reasonable" villainess. But the fact is when the MC is the Villainess we can more or less get a justification of their actions.

I can't remember the name of the korean manhwa (To Be You, Even Just for a Day) I was reading but it had 2 FL. Evil FL, went to the temple to commit suicide, got saved by white locus FL. Body swap event. I preferred the evil FL, but the innocent FL was actually an extremely good person. She's innocent cause she was imprisoned her entire life. BTW the Crown Prince is the main antagonist in the manhwa.

I feel like if we got the evil half-sister's POV, we might feel pity for her. The elder sister's actions might seem condescending. But alas, she's the antagonist in this story. So she's meant to be hated.

EDIT: Just remember the name of the manhwa

It's not gonna be like she ends up with her son from the previous story right??? That'll be too much 😂
Hopefully just good friends or something

Yes!!! Go Su Luxia! Only the second chapter and she’s already wining people over!

Thank you for translating this chapter.

@Meo There's the additional point that the original plot - that of the Emporer and the reborn concubine, - itself was nearly as morally questionable as this one. While it was a Harem Battle, Liu still destroyed Concubine Su's entire family. So it's entirely possible that that influenced how this story was written.

@Meo I agree that we find it easier to relate to the villainess when she's the MC, specially if the plot is "she's smarter and hardworking but older sister will have a better life just because of her mother". Villainess avoiding a sad life or bad ending is pretty much the core of these stories, and this type of rape conspiracy is pretty common in "harem wars" too (just like poisoning, assassination or forced abortion).

The problem is that, as I mentioned, we expect the villainess to overthrow her fate without screwing innocent people's lives and at least from what we know, her sister's "sin" wasn't being a shitty person, but having a guaranteed easy life instead. Who knows, maybe the hidden mission this time is to solve the tragic fate of both sisters so they can have a proper happy life.

@JWChibi @Raikuha isn't the sister's sin trying to get her sister raped knowing she will fall into despair, and potentially commit suicide, just to take her place? She is hardly innocent just because her sister was able to escape the rape. Especially in the times that this story takes place, having your reputation ruined like that would basically spell the end for you.

She left her sister with the choice of either suffering and maybe dying at the hands of her potential rapist, or being a shut in forever. It doesn't seem like her sister was mistreating her either. In fact she was the one with most of the power in the family.

@Yingofdarkness the sister with a "sin" i was talking about is the Older one that was taken over by Su Luxia, who as you said didn't really mistreat the younger one (as far as we know, at least).

As I said, the younger sister is in a tragic position so one can sympathize with her motives but not with her actions (even though they are par for the course for imperial harem stories) precisely because the older sister seems to be "innocent and carefree". That's why I feel this mission's objective might be to restore the older sister's reputation but also allow the younger sister to have a good ending despite being daughter of a concubine.

Dex-chan lover
Usually when the MC is vicious, she's only having revenge on people who mistreat her. People who just had it easy doesn't get revenged on unless they actually also do something on top of it.

Dex-chan lover
It begins...

Hmm. I thought this might've been a bid to make the consort selection tougher on the female lead, but this makes more sense. Shut down false rumors and everything.

lmao if she was named su luxia in this world, the crown prince would have a lover/wife with the same name as his step-mother <33

Villainess who rise to power you say? As vicious and crooked as they may be, they wouldn't bring innocent people to suicide. The only people who'd have a bad ending in these stories would be those who wronged the female lead.

Dex-chan lover
A little boring, why isn't she beating anyone up in the vhapter ending?

Users who are viewing this thread