Chicchai Kanojo Senpai ga Kawaisugiru. - Vol. 1 Ch. 10 - I Was Just A Bit Hopeful?

@Liquidxlax Yeah, the prequel's pace was really slow at the start and then escalated very quickly near the end. For the sequel though, I think it feels empty, not because of the lack of the stories, but because it got axed so quickly before the author could even start to develop and unfold the plots, which I consider a wasted opportunity.

It's also difficult for me understand how the publisher can decide the series's popularity solely based on the sales of the physical copies when the series was majorly published online for online subscribers. Of course many readers who can just read the manga online through the subscription would feel no need to buy tankobon.

Dex-chan lover
This is not even an axe, it's a "rocks falls, everyone dies" level of ending. It was like "you are already dead, but you didn't realized it yet"

This series was so robbed. It had decent pace before getting axed, if they were still acting like this by chapter 25 or so then it would be kind of weird but chapter 9 is perfectly acceptable for things to start ramping up.

Dex-chan lover
@Cosmist Well, sometimes manga sequels aren't "this is doing well, we should make a sequel" so much as "some sort of shit has occurred, we need to shuffle some series to a different magazine/website under the same parent company." MangaUpdates makes it appear as though that's exactly what this was since the listing for the publisher is the same but the serialization isn't, so perhaps the series wasn't doing so great even before the switchover and they let it go without any mercy to end it slightly more gracefully after it didn't improve in the new space.

Just like it's previous title, the ending come so suddenly and so unwelcoming

Dex-chan lover
>loli is older than him btw
Axed cause authos-san is probably going to jail uwu

now let’s hope they do another time skip to a time when they’ve been dating for some time and end it with him proposing or something like that... it would be an interesting theme if they skipped around like that multiple times and show glimpses into the life of this couple.

Aggregator gang
This doesn't even feel like an ending (not even a rushed one that the author wrote last minute due to the axe). It feels like this manga got axed after this chapter was made and the author couldn't do a proper finale. I guess it's fine if one chooses to view this manga as an extended epilogue to the original manga, rather than a sequel series.

I still feel like there are plenty of story opportunities that either never got properly concluded (the childhood friend subplot) or never even happened (did the male lead even meet his girlfriend's family?) I hope that the author can revisit this story again in some form, perhaps in a miniseries where the two leads are engaged and have to deal with wedding issues.

Users who are viewing this thread