Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata: Senjou wo Kakeru Kaifuku Youin - Vol. 8 Ch. 39.2

Double-page supporter
@BusWindow I don't think that's a katana though. Idk what it's actually called, but it's too short to be a katana. (also, I think Katanas are curved)

Dex-chan lover
@bluhbluh It has the hilt of one but it seems drawn super weird. It seems to "have" a curve in some pictures but no curve in others and in another it's merely the length of a shortsword while back then it definitely was a proper full length blade.

For those who are questioning about the plot of this arc, the vampire-necromancer girl (Nea) will play a pivotal role later on.

@icekatze
Well.. she's still has a mental of a kid when she doing all sort of things because she's lonely and bored.. i'm not justifying what she did, but some kids will do anything to get what they want without thinking about morals especially when A. She's an orphan when she's 11 Y/O and B. She has bad parents..

Feeling remorse like this is actually can be counted as punishment for 1st offender because she doesn't know anything about morals yet.. but if she did it again then yeah that's another story..

Also if you compared her with the demon girl from the 1st arc, well.. the authority that making the judgement is different.. it's kinda the same when a kid stealing stuff for the 1st time.. in the eye of law inforcement, he should be in prison.. but in the eye of the people, especially parents, they will just reprimand him for the 1st offence..

Dex-chan lover
@Patware some people like to flaunt their "impeccable" taste by loudly proclaiming they're dropping a series, then explaining their reasons.

They're obnoxious.

@vorador ...and they’ll be back to let us know they’re dropping it after every chapter for the next few months.

Dex-chan lover
@NARKist
If she were a child, that would be one thing, but she's definitely not. She's actually lived seven different human lifetimes. Long enough that she's reached the stage of ennui that comes with very old age.

Her original parents may have been bad, but she also had five other families over the years, that apparently she didn't learn anything from. It's not her first offense, but more than her 7th offense.

I didn't start reading this book till I started proofreading it, but I have been really enjoying it so far.

Dex-chan lover
@icekatze I think not, she is still lack experience because she never see the outside world, her village is isolated. They kinda like an isolated tribe in our world (who never see a car or plane). Thats why I think its weird that a village invested by a zombie but no one know about it and try to help them (hello their feudal lord where is he?).
As far as I know, her offense is just that she manipulated the villager to life in the village and experimented her necromancy. That 2 things never deal any real harm (for the villager except for the one already pass away maybe).

@icekatze
yeah.. but the reality of those 7 lifetimes will always be according to what she wants because she manipulate the people around them.. most people wont change if there're no force that challenge their believe first.. just like thief won't stop stealing if nobody ever saying stealing is wrong..

and those 5 families that she live with before, what makes you think she don't use her power to mind control the families into believing she's a good girl?

Group Leader
@Kitsune_Hellscythe

does not look at all like the loli vampire, are you complete sure?

Vv6HS0e.png

Dex-chan lover
-half vampire girl
-transforms into an owl
MC: Y U no change into a bat?
Nea: It's redundant.

Me: Mind fucking blown.

Dex-chan lover
@NARKist
I'm not making any assumptions that she did or did not manipulate her families into thinking that she's good. I don't see how that would help her case if it were true. Rather, that seems like it would further incriminate her.

@Nunally
I'm very curious about what you mean by no "real harm." I mean, it's a work of fiction, so in that sense none of it is real, but for everything else, there was plenty of harm to go around.

In their failed attempt to discover a priori knowledge, Rene Descartes made the famous statement "Cogito, Ergo Sum." I think, therefore I am. In that sense, damaging one's mind is more harmful than damaging someone's body. I definitely would not want to live in the dystopian world where the integrity of flesh is the only requirement to prove lack of harm.

Even people living in isolated villages bleed when pricked, laugh when tickled, die when poisoned, and want revenge when wronged. Appropriating people's free will to serve one's own needs is immoral regardless of when or where.

Users who are viewing this thread