Combating Misinformation: Official Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for taking the time to put together this detailed of a response. Was a nice read.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@DeadFXHD Paywalls are lame, Viz and other big manga companies are publishing their stuff entirely free now such as with https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/. If we got our billion dollar pipe dream, I don't see why we wouldn't be able to make it all free to access as well, lol.

Dex-chan lover
@ku4eto Let's solve it with a political marriage like in the good ol' times.

"Holo, you will marry yunomi"

qibWekk.jpg

combating drama with more mudslinging is possibly the worst decision to do though. basic diplomacy is all that's necessary and if people want to bleed out their butts over dumb stuff despite having the option to be met halfway they can

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Ashnel
Google doc with all of the titles
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XqnN06TNvRzDGPxsddv7eUYWsG8GFmxcJKe4aw-mPvA/preview

TOOR scans asked me to add this to my message:
TOOR Scans are re-uploading and redoing the series they are working and once worked on

Reuploading in progress:
Onimote
Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken
Shomin Sample
Sengoku Rance
Mighty Heart
Yuu & Mii
Dousei Seikatsu
Hammer Session (All seasons)
3D Kanojo
Baka & Boing
Sengoku Rance
Hentail Elf to Majime Orc
Masamune-kun no Revenge After School

Series that will reuploading soon as TOOR scans has to re-TS it :
Maou-sama Retry, Isekai Izakaya "Nobu"

Contributor
And nothing of value was lost™
EDIT: Wait, Kaguya's there.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get the people complaining about this thread.

They are right to clarify this issue, the extremely misleading post by the groups that left has been shifting every discussion to "MD IS TOTALLY GOING LEGIT GUYS, THEY WANT TO BE THE NEW FAKKU" instead of the actual reasons those groups left, which was obviously what they wanted since "we don't like that the staff won't remove insulting credit pages or ban 'toxic' people in the comments and some of us hated MD all along and want people to go to our own readers" sounds way more whiney and selfish than "we are martyrs standing up to the big bad staff and its greedy plans of translation monopoly and traps dressed like bunny girls on golden yachts".

@TheOneWhoSighs What the fuck are you on about lad? Are you mental? The mod team is constantly doing quality assurance, locking threads, handing out verbal warning, and attending to the discord. Why do they owe an apology? The fact that they do not do it in the fashion that you (or whoever) wants ?

Furthermore, the same post states that the mod team does not moderate, but that Mangadex also cultivated a community through intent? What are they, Taoists?

The freedom of using MangaDex comes with the freedom of leaving it. Anyone that wants to leave is free to show themselves out. All that is expected is that they do so in an orderly fashion, and shut the door on the way out.

I'm still going to be using MD for whatever I want to read first before finding other sources because I prefer this reader and no ads are a huge plus.

Double-page supporter
In the end what I had written under the "sayonara mangadex" post came true.
This is what is said to be stubborn.
Instead of stubbornly thinking of making money with the patreon in an illegal and obvious way they could use their heads, I apologize if I'm direct but I can't stand the sockets for the bottoms.
With all that I respect those who translate manga, they knew what they were up against with the patreons and I don't think that deleting chapters will solve the thing.
For the Meraki scans those 1500 dollars he will have to use them to pay the fine if they are lucky.
I hope the other teams that read your post and use patreons as an excuse understand the hint before they are even discovered. 😅

Contributor
@Dor1tos Lol no, the reason Meraki scans were pissed of, is because trolls where slapping the Meraki Scans logo on chapters and manga, that Meraki scans was no longer translating. And as such, they were hit SEVERAL times again with Cease and Desist letters.

@Holo I think thats one of the things that caused the friction ^.

Thanks for your clarification. I'm also wondering about the cause why those groups pulled out and why no one (as far as I know) knows the reason why they did what they did.
Nonetheless I'm staying with you because I'm on this site since day one and always got the feeling that everyone (scanlators and readers) is respected.

The worst part of this is with the chapters removed we now have no way of knowing what chapter we were on

Contributor
A great move as outlined by their policy, there's a certain liveposting imageboard that has the same policy and somehow hasn't devolved into (many) typical chan issues. In fact, it's kinda comfy. But I digress.
I never got the "toxic" thing. I'm sure that as long as it's not death threats or things like the NZ onenice one, tho, fite me, it should be left as is (of course as long as it respects the rules of the site) and people that are not comfortable with "X" not being explicitly forbidden can go their own way. Nobody is forcing them to read the comments, since I believe them to be a nice extra to the reading experience but ultimately that, an extra.

Thank you very much for this. i was literally just reading up on the stuff over the last couple days when you posted this after i read a couple threads.
Personally what i love most about MangaDex is the ability to keep track of what i am reading. i take long breaks on some stories to come back and binge read. The ability to mark what i have read is amazing, and i can come back to check and be like "oh WOW, i have tons to read here."
i also frequently go to Scan groups websites to read instead of waiting, but when they are completely removed from the site, i no longer have any clue where i was last at, so now i must go reread or skim through chapters to find where i was. Now this isn't a big deal for 3-4 Comics, but when you consider i have 521 listed under "following" it can become a real headache to find where i was on some, or even who was scanlating it.
I do understand a few of the stuff i was Following got licensed with the Group that was Scanlating it and that doesn't really upset me at all, but not being informed about it was a bit annoying. I only found out like a week or so later after an unrelated post led me to discovering the information.
Anyways, i really appreciate the post with actual information on your reasoning.

Group Leader
I just wanna say thank you for defending free speech and not capitulating to whiny crybabies who can't learn to ignore things that insult them and only removing things that actually violate your rules (unlike big media companies these days who try to play the morally righteous censor).

Y'all fab.
@holo @plykiya @zephyrus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread