Combating Misinformation: Official Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheOneWhoSighs

It's ridiculous to claim that the comment (paraphrased) "This group is irrational for pulling out of MangaDex so take it up with them" is helping to create an angry army. Like it's been stated many times before, MangaDex doesn't control whether or not a group decides to upload to their site so it makes perfect sense to tell people to ask the group themselves about pulling out. The comment didn't tell people to brigade or harass the scanlator so if those things happened then it's the fault of the individuals who made those harassment comments and not MD for making the original comment.

As for being irrational, even as a reader, my opinion would be that it is irrational so I don't see anything wrong with the admin of the site making a comment like that. MD has been nothing but extremely supportive of scanlators and making changes to satisfy their demands (links to their websites and up to two weeks delay on releases) so pulling out of MangaDex and forcing people to go to other aggregators that don't give a crap about scanlator groups makes no sense.

Group Leader
I am asking this for completely self-serving reasons, but... could we have a list somewhere with all the group/manga duos that do not allow uploading on MangaDex?

@Plykiya

I know this isn't the reason why they chose to leave.

It's part of the contribution to fostering the community, that is the reason why they left now.

I know you apologized to Jackladd for that incident.

However, every time Holo calling JB irrational and telling everyone to go to them gets brought up. Instead of saying "Yeah, I shouldn't have done that".

You get "That's out of context".

Simple question.

Should you or should you not, as an Admin, tell an army of angry fans to go and send all of their complaints to X group for pulling out of your "neutral" platform?

If your answer is yes, then I flat out disagree. And I believe that this exact thing is what encourages a community to harass scanlation groups.

Power Uploader
"Oh no, WSJ scanlators pulled off" 😴😴😴

Snipping is dumb and being angry u got snipped is dumber

It is pretty easy to understand that both sides of "drama" have their visions/goals, and it just happened that as usual money were involved. Leader or Leaders decided that their profits are not enough so what we see now it is aftereffect with some publicrelation stuff.

@TheOneWhoSighs

MD is clarifying that an image taken out of context is out of context. Why would they apologize for that? It seems like all the drama from that incident (which, again, was over a year ago) has already been taken care of save for people getting offended on JB's behalf? And you are definitely blowing MD's fault in saying that way out of proportion.

@kenx Nice

Power Uploader
In any drama JB is involved, there is nothing to discuss.

They are always wrong.

Power Uploader
@TheOneWhoSighs Really?! When did Holo call JB irrational?! When did he send an army of angry fans to harass JB?! You're pulling stuff out of your ass and no amount of proof will ever prove you right.

@Arashi89

https://mangadex.org/thread/93301/7/#post_769012

It's right there.

"The beef is with the admins of JB making the irrational decision of not uploading"

Power Uploader
@TheOneWhoSighs What is this supposed to prove? Irrational is not an insult, it is not some secret code that sends an army of manchurian agents to flood the JB Discord with harassment, and MangaDex has always respected JB's decision to host or not their content here, indipendently from the personal opinion of the administrators.

Dex-chan lover
Meraki makes at least 1500$ from patreon alone ...

Totally only to cover the costs for raws and server ;)

@Sabin

Meraki makes at least 1500$ from patreon alone

600. 1500 was only during their peak with SL. And they were still spending more than they were bringing in through donations and patreon.

They pay $10-$15 per chapter to their TLs.

Double-page supporter
@TheOneWhoSighs To be fair, the picture with that single quote is out of context. Adding context doesn't make the situation better, however if the problem caused by that issue has already been cleared up and MD have made their apology to the affected side, then what's the point in constantly bringing it up?

@ObserverOfTime Read over it and all I have to say is that, if the idea is that MD has to be stricter in terms of moderating everything for _anything_ that may be considered offensive to someone, I disagree vehemently. People need to learn to deal with each other on their own, and not expect dad to take care of their problems. Obviously this is within limits of reason, any flagrant abuse (spamming, or actively attempting to harrass another user) or offensive behavior (death threats, extremely unsavory comments) is generally taken care of from what I know. No one _needs_ to take part in the community, so if it is their feeling that the best option to leave is to leave, thats fine. Concrete problem here was the way in that the parties involved decided on essentially tossing shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread