Combating Misinformation: Official Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zephyrus

What we take issue with in the current situation is when groups try to pretend that their sole reason for leaving is because MangaDex has somehow betrayed them or failed to live up to certain expectations. Their usage of conversation screenshots from 2018 deliberately taken out of context and their perceived faults with MangaDex (of which none were specifically stated by them) as a cover for pulling their chapters is, in our opinion, shameful and extremely dishonest. With such thin reasoning, everyone involved is only able to speculate the true reasons, such as attempting to paint MangaDex in a poor light to drive increased traffic back to their own websites where, in some cases, their readers have ads covering every side of the manga or their sites have big, glaring links to PayPal or Patreon.

There is absolutely no context you have ever given, or will ever give. That will paint what you guys did in a positive light.

The correct move would've been to admit fault and moderate your community. People harassing a guy? People screaming in the discord? Mute or ban them. Is that so hard?

Because what happened, was one of your admins edits a post to include an aggregate link. Riles the community up. That guy gets harassed. And then Holo tells everyone that they should take it all to JB for their irrational decision not to upload to MangaDex.

Prove me wrong.

What context there is missing. You've seen the posts with all the screen grabs I made that gave the full story. So come on.

Because from my perspective, it seems you guys intentionally fostered a community that would harass scanlators at the drop of a hat for their "irrational" decision not to support your platform.

I never realized that groups like LH and EGL were so tiny until I searched "Isekai" and got an unholy number of results. Even a hundred translated series is a drop in the bucket. Eh, life goes on.

Even in the case of removal by a third party, which is probably more frequent than removal by scanlator request, everyone here already has high-resolution alternatives, and, besides, a simple userscript could turn a 5-second search into a button-click. There is also the giant MangaUpdates button, so even if the comment thread doesn't tell you were to look, that website does... and they do have a button-click userscript (or three).

Power Uploader
Censorship is never the answer, everything deserves critique. This post is in actuality an attempt to move towards a more passive state. No group nor user is perfect, all we can do is be reasonable and patient with them. @strat_five

Fed-Kun's army
Is there a list of departed groups anywhere, so that I could see if any of the links to their work at MD I distributed among my friends, etc., would need updating?

(Honestly, this drama is silly and a pain in the ass, I wholeheartedly agree that the only ones who have lost anything are the readers. Even worse that I get to learn about it already after the fact because for the most part I don't have the time to browse forums and Discord...)

@moozooh you don't need to do that, unless you are interested in virtue signalling to a bunch of people who will never see your messages. The mangaupdates button does just fine, as does a Firefox keyworded bookmark.

Dex-chan lover
hmmm... ill just respect both the scanslator and MD for this...
if scansator want to removed their chapters here then so be it...

the only problem(i feel) here is the "uncivilized" comment by other members here in MD... just in this thread i already see 2 posts got moderated... what's more in the manga/chapter comment section...

I wish MD team simply pinned this and locked the thread.

As a silent reader, I am tired of the immaturity of drama happened just recently. Clarifications over clarifications will make oppositions and retards (not in name) keep replying.

The team are asking us to be civil, yet this issue is not over.
I hope this will be the last related statement

From some man genuinely reading manga for peace XD

MD@Home
@Holo What i mean is to invite them over for a chat.
And ask them, what they feel like needs to be done, for them to come back.
After all, they provide quite the amount of views. Initiating peace talks first wont hurt you. Maybe wait for them to calm down a bit.

Group Leader
@moozooh for what it's worth, their "sign to leave" thread is there : https://mangadex.org/thread/92399
But as mentioned above, you can use the MangaUpdate button to find all of the chapters/groups involved on a series.

IF you guys go legit (if its even possible) would all of us have to pay to read like crunchymole? (sorry if you answered this)

Contributor
I guess when you gain certain amount of fame, you tend to attract ugly stuff. World would be a better place if everyone just live and let live. Ain't no body got time for all this drama.

Dex-chan lover
You guys should take the gloves off and stop trying to be diplomatic about this. We all know that this started with a group freaking out because someone translated a manga they were months behind on before trying to make Mangadex out to be literally worse than Hitler because the people actually translating something instead of sitting on it and asking for money weren't deleted and banned.
Just name and shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread