• Girls should date girls

Votes: 1,944 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
is a Reindeer
VIP
@Samhill It did, and then we added on an additional one for good measure to solve the db desyncs.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Grumpyfelo Because the quintuplets are supposed to be indistinguishable from one another. Doesn't really work if they're entirely different server specs

Double-page supporter
Totally sure the server names were made without any personal bias coming into play (and yes, I'm aware of the numbering theme).

Pretty cool to see how the upgrade process went.

Naah, didnt enjoyed those days I cant open MDex. And thank you so much for the hard work (^^)

Contributor
~ Hello desync
ZTorruJ.png

is a Reindeer
VIP
@YumGumYum ... well, at least it's not the db's fault that people are running commands that kill the servers, as opposed to a desync caused by a traffic

There was Ddos'ing? Honestly I didn't noticed it much, thought it was my internet being an ass.
Shows this site is just too good that someone had to do something that petty on a site that does one thing.

Dex-chan lover
the site feels significantly faster as a result

It doesn't feel any faster (or slower) to me. Do you collect metrics that actually measure this objectively? E.g., median and 99%ile response times.

1 master database server
1 slave database/image archive servers

Can you stop using master/slave terminology? The industry has moved on. Major databases now use terms like source/replica.

Double-page supporter
servers are multitasking work that was previously assigned to several smaller servers in our previous setup

The database desyncs that made comments disappear, chapters vanish, and following things impossible should be dealt with for good now that our slave servers are significantly beefier.

Shout out to the devs that spent entire days and nights to finish the transition as fast as possible.

Yay! Thanks a bunch. Love y'all, you ppl deserve greatness.

VIP
Can you stop using master/slave terminology? The industry has moved on. Major databases now use terms like source/replica.

@blurgh123 No. We actually whip them on the basement. They're slaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread