Concerning the US Protests and Our Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Seems interesting so I want to give my two cents.

For me, the whole problem seem to be an American thing. To be blunt, I am not concerned nor I am obligated to. I am from a third world country after all.

But, since this is the internet, some people have this opinion "if you are not with us you are with the enemy". There are also people who think this is the time to earn brownie points by virtue signalling. Corporations too, jump into this.

All this disgusts me.

Mangadex is used by people around the world. I support the neutral stance. I feel like in recent years, the concept of globalization has been skewed towards America. Whatever happen in America should be emphathized by the whole world as well. Well, this is not right. By right, people around the world should be concerned about every injustice in every country, not just America.

But who cares? Heck the state of Palestine has been going for what? 60 years?

There is no need for the change in icon or hashtags to make a change. If you are truly a good person, you should've done something about it from the start. Do no evil. Support your local charities. Contribute to the good of the community. Do not get involved in violence.

Personally I think it is best to not show your good deed. There is a saying, "Donate money with your right hand, do not let your left hand know". I think with the advent of internet, there is a tendency among everyone to show their everything to feel good about themselves. As a result, this skews the intention of doing things, no matter how good it's supposed to be in the first place. That isn't good.

Again, I support Mangadex not involved in this matter. I believe this thread is good enough leeway for the issue. You let go your opinion here and be done with it. Move along.

Be a good person. Be the change yourself. Don't antagonize people for the change. Eventually enough people will embrace the change and replace those who need changing.

Hashtags are shit anyway.

A black man in his late 20s hits the ground, his ears ringing, his head bleeding. The boot heel of a cop follows quickly after, said cop screaming obscenities at the injured man while aiming his gun.
With his last few breaths, the man whispers out...
"Damn, if only some weeaboos had put "#BLM" on the credits page of their scanlation of that overweight Elf manga. Then things would have been different."
A single gunshot is heard, echoing through the night sky, and then silence.

Fed-Kun's army
@vobo dont forget that the Puerto Ricans have been bringing a guillotine with them when they go out to protest.

To all those who complain about "BLUE LIVES MATTER! OMG THEYRE THROWING THINGS AT COPS"... Think about whos doing the throwing. These are people just recently got randomly chased by WHITE GUYS IN A PICKUPTRICK WITH GUNS, for JOGGING.
Then look at the cops. Wearing MILITARY grade body armor/bulletproof vests, driving around vehicles that are imported straight from IRAQ (IED proof armored jeeps, with weapons that are the same kind that the people who took out OSAMA BIN LADEN had (Of course, they are highly specialized/customized versions, but they would typically have been Short Barrel M4s or AR-15's)

As for the "agitators/Looters/Rioters". In every large gathering, theres prob a few police assigned specifically to infiltrate and push things over the edge. When large groups get "Contained" (where the police surround and arrest everybody), you can typically find them walking out the front door of the station shortly after. (Take a look at the Umbrella Man from the first few days of Minneapolis protests, a white man who was wearing a high spec gas mask that costs $500+, black hoodie and a black umbrella to block cameras, smashing the windows of an autozone with a hammer. when confronted by protesters he ran away, or the white guy in all black literally smashing the sidewalk with a hammer barely 6 feet from a line of cops in NY. they do nothing till hes grabbed and thrown past their line. BTW Pepper Spray has a effective range of 6-12 feet) And once somebody starts something, it typically spreads thruout the rest of the group. Like what happens after a team wins a Super Bowl.

But you're forgetting that barely a month ago there were other widespread protests. involving heavily armed white people who had made literal DEATH THREATS TO ELECTED OFFICIALS. because they were annoyed that they couldn't get a haircut, go to the gym, and get their starbucks.

In the age of distractions, people can barely focus on what happened now. Which is typically why OUTRAGE!!!! rarely makes it past 3 weeks (Do you even remember the Boycot Blizzard! over their punishment of a streamer who supported the Hong Kong protests?

Personally, I'm a nihilist who thinks No Lives Matter, because Death makes us all equal, and im just waiting for the world to burn. Because nothing changes till naught but ashes remain. But ive still chipped in to support the communal bail funds because hey, history doesn't always repeat itself.

Dex-chan lover
@Mangalon
Kxfjy7x.png

I'm a nihilist who thinks No Lives Matter, because Death makes us all equal, and im just waiting for the world to burn.
Nah, that's just being edgy.

Dex-chan lover
@mangalon
If that happened, it would actually save his life.

Not because hashtags help but imagine this:

You have a gun, you have riot gear, you have a mate you've known since the academy by your side. You are a policemen.

This man you just kicked is black, in a poor neighbourhood were crime rates are high and aggression rates against the polices are almost as high. Your adrenaline is overflowing. The man might have a gun on him, even a knife. You don't want to get close enough to search him incase he makes one attempt. One successful attempt is enough for you to lose him and for you to lose a lot more.

Why did he catch your eye. You don't remember. He may have been in possession of drugs, he may just robbed someone, he may have just been observing you from a distance... Formulating how to get you alone. It doesn't matter now.

He struggles away, he isn't listening to your commands. He may look like he's on the ground or that he's trying to obey you; but you know these people. Liars and Brutes all of them, at any time he'll be ready for a fight if you let him have the chance. You have a gun on him, but it doesn't matter when you're within 21 feet.

You keep shouting at him: stronger and harder, you know intimidation is the way to keep these knaves in order. Its the only thing they know; its only thing keeping you sane and not shake in fear.

He's struggling even more; you don't remember that you kicked him in the face, he's trying to roll over to orientate his semi-canals in his ear. You don't see that... You only see a man ignoring your intimidation, is he getting ready to take his weapon now? That must be it! He's about to attack me... HE'S ABOUT TO ATTACK ME!!!

But before you protect yourself. A voice sounds out; "Damn, if only some Weeaboos had put "#BLM" on the credits page of their scanlation of that overweight Elf manga. Then things would have been different."

You get confused for few seconds. What on earth is he talking about? He's not trying to attack me? He's just some dumbass weeaboo? Is he one of my people? Wow that's all you had to say. You aint like those other aggressive criminals? You're just another deadbeat that lusts over 2D characters!

@blackyawgdom

Cause bandwagon, cognitive dissonance, and desire to be thrilled

Dex-chan lover
@mophead4eyes You said it yourself but didn't apply it to the other side as well. BLM and the riots are also absolutely trying to cure symptoms rather than cause. That's why nobody in their right mind should support them until they get their shit together and actually try to help black people in America. I can't even take them seriously when they complain about "damn whiteys" but completely ignore the root causes of black suffering, namely the education system.
Nobody likes to be blamed for things they didn't do, and movements such as BLM that operate primarily on hate will never achieve anything. In my opinion, it should just be disbanded and restarted under new leadership, hopefully actually black this time.

Dex-chan lover
^ literally just showed how narrow minded and racist he is; he tries to sound a proper arguement but then completely invalidates someonelse's arguements and says that all who complained must be white thus not entitled to have a say.

Sure it may be true some people respond to violence better than peace *cough cough* politicians who knows violent protests have much bigger media prescene than peaceful ones but doesn't mean violent protests are the way to go because they cause so much collateral damage.

Tangent(
Even Terrorists knows they need proper terms to compromise to get want they want.

You blow a place up to get a voice. Now that you have a voice you have to know how to use it.

Now that violent protests have gotten that voice might as well compromise/write up your terms to get those demands pass and changes to happen.

Stop being ragey and write out some ways to change and communicate them in a digestible way before your harm outweighs your ideas. Might also explain why angry feminist has bad connotations )

@Teddy
The cop took the shot because the black dude didn't even know the manga's name was "Elf-san wa Yaserarenai", meaning he was a filthy secondary. An unforgivable crime.

Please ignore the fact that I had forgotten the name of the manga as well.

Dex-chan lover
@mangalon

Accurate

Quickly hides away cause I didn't like that manga and dropped it 2 chapters in.

Dex-chan lover
Perhaps this is why US is such a shitshow as of late. In this country, you'll be labeled as an environmental extremist just for a adopting a kitten.
Apparently it's impossible to be against police brutality while not supporting the BLM. Just like it's impossible to be a gun owner that is not a white nationalist.
Even if they acknowledge a problem, they would rather put labels on everything that walks on two legs and use it as a reason to be against it. Rome 2.0
Time to start learning Chinese.

@Fuckwit defunding the police is one of the root problems. When the NYPD has spent 41.1 billion dollars in the last 5 years, and other crucial social services are hemorrhaging funds? Now imagine that on a national scale, then try to imagine it on an INTERNATIONAL scale, because as much as people here want to say "lol America sucks," there are demonstrations going on all across the world.
BLM is far from a perfect organization, but if standing around with my thumb up my ass waiting for reform or standing with cops are the alternatives, I'll take my chances.

eli

Group Leader
@gatordreams16 Very well-said.

@Kanami-chan Please stop thinking Japan is some magical sphere free of this and do better to educate yourself.
https://www.thenational.ae/world/asia/japan-police-brutality-against-kurdish-man-and-racial-injustice-spark-tokyo-protest-1.1029783
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-minneapolis-police-protests-japan/kurdish-case-becomes-rallying-cry-for-japan-protest-against-police-idUSKBN23D0JG
https://twitter.com/saitomri/status/1269156792161849345

Dex-chan lover
@eli
Ah, yes. The classic "A few hundred literally whos of which 90% are white leftist westerners trying to stir up the pot totally means Japan is 100% political 24/7 all day every day and all anime is political and all videogames are political" argument.
I had forgotten Tokyo, Osaka and Shibuya and many other places burning to the ground too because how full of peaceful protesting Japan is as well. Oh wait...
I'll never understand how can you people post such disingenuous arguments so straightforwardly. Psychopaths is what you are, lying through your teeth so shamelessly.

Group Leader
@eli oh yes... a protest... by bunch of foreigners, English teachers and non-japanese asians. Read comments by actual Japanese on ANY websites (news media, twitter, any forums). The Japanese are VERY against that shit there because everyone is very irresponsible and it's in the middle of a PANDEMIC. They want that shit to stay in the USA.
You're a scanlator. And if you're a translator, you should spend some time reading comments from actual Japanese before spouting shit.
I've read over 10k reaction comments and I had never seen so much gaijin hatred comments from the Japanese before this. And I completely agree with them. Shit should stay in the USA and only in the USA.

Group Leader
@Zephyrus @Holo @Plykiya Is there a possibility that an option to be added that completely hides people’s comments from people who are on your block list? like the “this post is hidden” splurge doesnt even appear?

Group Leader
Defunding the police is great. Now cities will be even more like the purge, which I hadn't thought possible previously.

Hopefully in a few years when they're all burned out husks, people will realize city life is terrible, and police had to be militarized there for a reason.

wasn't planning to say anything else about this but......@purplelibraryguy your view of economists is wrong, to be very polite.. notice that when financial crisis happens everyone blames economists but is always a engeneer an engineer or some major in political science (like Bernie) with some half-ass course of finances or economics in the source of every scandal. Regarding academia is a dog-eat-dog world everywhere and its multidisciplinar. I cant talk about american economists, but the ones I know in europe are serious people who work for a living...

totally agree with @saredesu: US doesn't represent the world, far from it (even though their leaders like to say they do).

One more thing: beware of the risk of "political correct". A couple of years ago I read a news article where a group of american (who else.....) law students wanted to ban terms and lessons about rape because it would be traumatizing to the victims (so who would be qualified to defend those same victims in court then?).

The same goes here: not all suspects are inocent and not all cops are bad (who will you call when you need help against crime? a milicia?).
Instead consider that until recently black people where segregated (long after the end of slavery) and the change of mentality takes time, the inaction of both sides to change the stereotype of superiority (not some jackass holiday, real change of mentality) in regards to education and awareness (for example, domestic violence is now viewed on a different light, drunk driving the same.....), the submission of politicians to their interests (noone serious in my pov can defend the de facto american political system....), etc....

Once again, scanlators and Mangadex have to focus on their purpose: manga and manga-related issues.

Edit: had to fix that mistake....

Time to give my pointless opinion as a 26 year old black man in a rural community. I'll make it sweet and simple. Black people get out of cities. Move someplace simple and visit the police station for a nice visit to speak with the officers there. I find that doing that means all the cops know who I am in my community. None of them bother me unless im blatantly doing something I shouldn't. I'll confess....... I speed a lot. They stopped me and asked me to stop.

My grandfather who is 72 told me what the biggest issue is. A city of 3 million people makes it impossible to form any semblance of a community that cares for one another. One officer will likely only see you once a year so to him you are just a drop in the ocean that he has to swim through everyday. He doesn't care for your situation, your life, your hobbies, or how you're doing that day. He will follow his job to the T because he just as much a cog in a big unforgiving machine as you are. When two cogs that don't fit together mash then there will be problems with one of those cogs or both broken in the process.

Personally I view it more as a "majority" issue over a "race" issue but that is sometimes hard to believe. You rarely if ever hear other minorities get this level of attention so i'm not sure if there is (and I hate this term) systematic racism but more like preconceived beliefs. If I work as a cop and I see that I arrest 5 black guys a week and only 1 white guy then maybe im more weary of black guys. If I arrest 6 white guys with crack in their trunk then im pretty sure its the white guys im looking out for when it comes to a drug bust.

I know my experience isn't the same as others so it does validate or invalidate anything. I just know the cops I know enjoy hot chocolate and suck at bowling.

I do not plan to respond again in this thread. Any replies that come my way will be read but not responded to. Back to ignoring the world while listening to Ashes Remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread