Dame Skill [Auto Mode] ga Kakuseishimashita ~Are, Guild no Scout-san, Ore wo "Iranai"-tte Itte Masendeshita?~ - Ch. 47 - The Nightmare Evolves

Dex-chan lover
Is the douche still alive tho?
If yes smh F U author :bleh:
If he’s dead DEAD heck yea we party tonight:win:
I genuinely hope he's not dead. That would be supremely unsatisfying. No consequences (aside from the obvious, immediate one), no comeuppance, just insta-merc'd. Probably could even be spun as a heroic death, if someone really tried to craft a narrative.
But if he's not dead, then he's finally been given enough rope to hang himself. This kind of fuckup is no longer something his wealth, family, or prestige can protect him from, so he's going to face genuine consequences for it. This is the sort of thing that will destroy everything he's tried to build up, utterly tank his reputation. To rub even more salt in the wound, it's probably going to serve to elevate Claus' position even more.
If the bitch survives, that means he's going to face ruin. If he dies, then that means he's getting off easy.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Its here.. I am curious on how long it will be to defeat that thing.

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely hope he's not dead. That would be supremely unsatisfying. No consequences (aside from the obvious, immediate one), no comeuppance, just insta-merc'd. Probably could even be spun as a heroic death, if someone really tried to craft a narrative.
But if he's not dead, then he's finally been given enough rope to hang himself. This kind of fuckup is no longer something his wealth, family, or prestige can protect him from, so he's going to face genuine consequences for it. This is the sort of thing that will destroy everything he's tried to build up, utterly tank his reputation. To rub even more salt in the wound, it's probably going to serve to elevate Claus' position even more.
If the bitch survives, that means he's going to face ruin. If he dies, then that means he's getting off easy.
Of course it would be so unsatisfying if he's already dead.
He's not even bleeding or losing some body part.
If he's dead, it would be like Vegeta trying to kill Goku and suddenly Goku just died of heart attack before Vegeta could hit Goku.

Fed-Kun's army
Creating and Releasing a country/world ending calamity is probably enough to destroy his family and not just himself.

Hell, it should probably involve other kingdoms attacking if not sanctioning the country for raising such a traitor to mankind.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, but then at the end of the chap it's made clear that the head growth is thought to be molting, and from the story beat it seems clear that the tail is supposed to be as well, rather than the author just introducing two separate types of regeneration for a creature within one page of each other. I assume the author wants us to think that similarly to how an animal doesn't molt its skin all at once instantaneously (a snake has to pull its molt off slowly from front to back), the dragon molted its tail before the head, so even when it was just two headed, it was in the process of molting.

But also, I just wouldn't think about it too much. Aside from the extra skin, there's the fact that there's no reason for the tail to need molting in the first place, because the purpose of molting is shedding a hard surface to let a squishy inner surface have area to grow before hardening again, and a severed limb has no limiting scales like that. Some molting animals like crabs can regrow limbs, but it's in spite of molting hindering it, not because of it.
That's real-life molting/regeneration, but this is presented more like Namekian-style regeneration, where the limb just spurts out of the wound and is back to full function, just drippy with goo. Common factor in many anime/manga, actually, since Dragonball popularized that form of high-speed regeneration. Thus why my stance is that I'm not overthinking things here, I'm looking at the tropes and recognizing their use, rather than trying to link it to real life, specifically.

Dex-chan lover
Because it takes over TWELVE chapters to resolve this battle. Talk about the mangaka phoning it in. I don't even understand how his Auto Mode lasts this long in relative time.
It's fine as a coda for the Gaine arc as a villain I guess - with the caveat that Gaine's story role should end after pulling that

Dex-chan lover
damn shame the monster stopped attacking him. just one more hit would have finally killed him.

Users who are viewing this thread