Dark Summoner to Dekiteiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
Look at all these casuals getting filtered. (I'd like to note that the global age of consent is NOT 18, but 15-16.)

Also three nights of segs? Will he even survive?

Yeah, how way too many people here jump to defending the legal status of age of consent in that amount of detail shows that fiction does influence reality.
Video games don't kill people dude. Japan has had these kind of stories for a good while without issue.

Dex-chan lover
Video games don't kill people dude. Japan has had these kind of stories for a good while without issue.
Video games don't kill people, but they do influence our culture. Appeal to tradition doesn't really mean anything, as audiences do change over time.

Also the issue isn't new, the difference is that manga doesn't have as much gatekeeping as it had in the past (despite you wishing for "casuals getting filtered"), and so it's easier for people to be more vocal about it. On top of that, the audience is also getting older, which means people spot these issues a lot faster, even if they didn't when they were younger. As I said, the audience is constantly changing.

Dex-chan lover
Video games don't kill people, but they do influence our culture. Appeal to tradition doesn't really mean anything, as audiences do change over time.

Also the issue isn't new, the difference is that manga doesn't have as much gatekeeping as it had in the past (despite you wishing for "casuals getting filtered"), and so it's easier for people to be more vocal about it. On top of that, the audience is also getting older, which means people spot these issues a lot faster, even if they didn't when they were younger. As I said, the audience is constantly changing.
Sure thing Jack Thompson. I don't need to wish, people like you are already getting filtered. It's not an "appeal to tradition", it's pointing out that nothing has happened despite anime and manga being like this for actual decades. It's only an issue for tourists like yourself.

You mean the non-Japanese audience that has zero influence on what mangaka create? And "be more vocal about it"? What you gonna do, harass mangaka? Leave useless comments on manga piracy sites that the mangaka will never read? Make posts whining about it on Twitter?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Sure thing Jack Thompson. I don't need to wish, people like you are already getting filtered. It's not an "appeal to tradition", it's pointing out that nothing has happened despite anime and manga being like this for actual decades. It's only an issue for tourists like yourself.

You mean the non-Japanese audience that has zero influence on what mangaka create? And "be more vocal about it"? What you gonna do, harass mangaka? Leave useless comments on manga piracy sites that the mangaka will never read? Make posts whining about it on Twitter?
Who is Jack Thompson and what do you mean tourist?

You are projecting, not everyone here has the so called zero-influence you think you have and my comments are as useless as you pointing out age of consent or you taking the trouble to reply to my comments, if you go that route. Also, I often purchase on amazon.co.jp the full manga volume once it gets fully scanlated to support the author. Do you do that? I don't think you do. I'm not going to do give money to Shaoh, that's for sure, but I'm not stopping reading this manga either. Take that for what you will.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Who is Jack Thompson and what do you mean tourist?
Tourist doesn't know who Jack Thompson is.

template-farquaad-pointing-935-0c6db91aec9c.png

The worst part about this is that the author consciously decided to make them teenagers despite them being both characterized and looking like young adults.

It just comes off as forced and feels like it was added in for really weird reasons

To put this into perspective, amona would be in around 10th grade.... Definitely not a good look

Dex-chan lover
4chan speak is not welcome here, especially when it includes slurs or derogatory language.
Back in the 2013-2017 era, I remembered that the discussion/comment pages were filled with funny, cringe, and passionate comments by genuine fans. Though the occasional discourse, we would discuss and argue the content confined within the story without real-life bullshit.For years we had no issue whatsoever with any content because people understand that at the end of the day, it's just fiction.

But now, that anime and manga has gone mainstream, all these moral-fags started appearing and proudly waving their insecure banner; "hyuk hyuk, look at me guys! I'm better than these degenerates who lusted after 16-year-olds because I'm protecting the pixels from them!!! Come on, praise me! I'm doing the right thing, aren't I?! Surely the drawings would be grateful to me for what I did! I just made the world a better place!!".

spit Do they really need someone to validate their actions that they're doing a good thing that much? One need not to imagine how empty and pathetic their life must've been if they're so desperately seeking that kind of validation.

Dex-chan lover
Back in the 2013-2017 era, I remembered that the discussion/comment pages were filled with funny, cringe, and passionate comments by genuine fans. Though the occasional discourse, we would discuss and argue the content confined within the story without real-life bullshit.For years we had no issue whatsoever with any content because people understand that at the end of the day, it's just fiction.

But now, that anime and manga has gone mainstream, all these moral-fags started appearing and proudly waving their insecure banner; "hyuk hyuk, look at me guys! I'm better than these degenerates who lusted after 16-year-olds because I'm protecting the pixels from them!!! Come on, praise me! I'm doing the right thing, aren't I?! Surely the drawings would be grateful to me for what I did! I just made the world a better place!!".

spit
Do they really need someone to validate their actions that they're doing a good thing that much? One need not to imagine how empty and pathetic their life must've been if they're so desperately seeking that kind of validation.
At this point I'd like to have a Popped monocle "like" choice lol. If they think this is bad wait till they find out about all the doujin stuff lol or the many many mainstream series where characters are defo under 18. Maybe they should read Ranma 1/2 and be horrified there lol.

Dex-chan lover
At this point I'd like to have a Popped monocle "like" choice lol. If they think this is bad wait till they find out about all the doujin stuff lol or the many many mainstream series where characters are defo under 18. Maybe they should read Ranma 1/2 and be horrified there lol.
I think it's a bit naive to think that people that are complaining don't know what doujin is, or haven't read plenty of them. The thing about this manga is that it seemed to be a wholesome, borderline-hentai comedy in a more mature setting, that's why people thought the characters were in the mid-20s. The age info the author provided breaks that, and as many already pointed out, doesn't line up with the story built so far.

Why do you think people would be horrified to read about Ranma 1/2? Because Ranma is a teen that runs around topless when he's in female form? The horror... Ranma 1/2 isn't erotica though.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

spit
Do they really need someone to validate their actions that they're doing a good thing that much? One need not to imagine how empty and pathetic their life must've been if they're so desperately seeking that kind of validation.
Dawg ur defending yourself reading about children fucking. Get a job. Mfs will say "moral zombies"🤓 as if that's not just a normal human reaction??? There's a reason why you guys are social rejects and attach yourselves to anime and manga

Double-page supporter
it is absolutely wild to me that so many of these "pictures do not have rights or feelings" people jump at the opportunity to use the F-slur to complain about others just having an opinion on a moral issue lmao like fr grow up

Dex-chan lover
The issue is not the age gap. The issue is that this author (who is an adult) is writing a story about an underage girl getting railed over and over. It's also a bit concerning how many people in this chat seem to have memorized age of consent laws around the world. That's not a good look fellas.
Honestly speaking, debates revolving around the topic of age of consent, manga characters, and the difference between reality and fiction are so common that just sticking around any community that gathers around manga for long enough will get you at least somewhat familiar.

EDIT: At the very least, this has been the case since around 2012-2015.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Dawg ur defending yourself reading about children fucking.
Where and when does it implied in the story that they're children? I'm sorry, but maybe I grew up in a different era, but in my country, 15 is already considered a young adult.
Get a job.
Right, Covid-19 made my business booming, so I think I'm doing fantastic. Thank you for your concern.
Mfs will say "moral zombies"🤓 as if that's not just a normal human reaction???
No, it's not. Because it's fiction, therefore it's not real. It's the same thing as to why most people are fine with dozen of movies and video games depicting gore, murder, violence, you-name-it, but not okay with the real-life version. But the question remains; just because it's fiction, does that mean anything goes? In my opinion, absolutely. Since time immemorial, as a form of literature, fiction has been used to tell stories of the impossible, stories that defies fact, concocted by imagination that is limited only by authors' creativity. It is a form of human ingenuity, and to limit such thing is the same as putting science on a leash. But then again; can one still find some work of fiction repulsive and dislike it? Most definitely, yes. Because not everything is for everyone. Most people understands this, except for a very few special individuals that can't seem to see the thick line which separates fiction and reality.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the normal human reaction when they found something that they don't like would be to understand why they don't like it, come to term with themselves that they need to avoid those things, and moving on with their life. Because normal people couldn't be bothered with pixels fucking pixels.
There's a reason why you guys are social rejects and attach yourselves to anime and manga
Uh-huh, maybe instead of self-projecting try to construct a better argument lest you embarrass yourselves?

Double-page supporter
While I don't abide ZenMasters' use of the F-word, everyone here going on about "bad looks" and "implications" needs to can it with the concerned citizen routine. You don't actually care about what you're decrying, or you wouldn't even be here wasting your time. You just want to feel superior to random strangers on the internet.
If you're in this comment section, it means you were already reading this manga. You have no moral high ground.

Users who are viewing this thread