Dark Summoner to Dekiteiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
I mean, the character design made me think they both were older, but on the other hand I'm not surprised at all that they're teenagers. Seriously, it's like you people haven't been paying attention to how fucking horny they are all the time.

Ah hell, look at the damn stat page, it listed their age. Moral fukkers gonna raise stink about this. Careful where you talk about this series, lads and gentlemen. Some sites are full of self righteous morons who cannot diffrentiate fiction and reality.
yes gatekeep them. last time they allow those kind of people it break a nice sounding kettle

Dex-chan lover
Man, a girl with those honkers at 16? She has some gifted genes.

But seriously, if this really took place in a modern setting, I'd have some serious concerns, like that one 'middle-schooler' in the bikini from the Onimai anime. I've only seen clips of it, and it isn't after learning her 'age range' that I was getting mixed vibes. It's one of the reasons I haven't given it a watch, nor ever will.
Quite a number of people reacted 'confused' to this, so let me clarify.

I said if this took place in a 'modern' setting, as in earth in present time, specifically in america. I understand the age of adulthood and when it's acceptable to have sex is different in different time periods, much less in different countries, and I won't pry any further into this controversy than I've already gotten myself into.
Seek Jesus
I'm not sure if you should be saying that, kettle, considering where you are right now.
Shrugs. Your loss. The show is 95% wholesome fluff and comedy with an amazing OP and nice ED, animated by one of the most skilful studios out there. Aside from a handful of scenes in the first episodes, the OP shows the most questionable scenes, but if that's such a drag to you, you can just imagine his adult male body all the time (insert thatsapenis.gif) and drool all over your keyboard for all I care.
You know what, if you like the show that much, more power to you. There are other elements from the show that I've heard about that pull me away from getting into it, but we'll just be having a thread war or something if I list them out, so I'm stopping it here before it begins. I appreciate a different perspective on a show that I wouldn't expect from based on the clips alone, especially considering the main plot for this one. Still, that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to voice an opinion if it isn't to everyone's liking, and I'm sticking to it. Take it what you will, and I hope you have a good day.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand the fuss tbh, she isn't portrayed as a minor but as an adult in the setting and is treated like such. Most people here guessed her age to be higher anyways.
You say you don't understand the fuss and procede to explain exactly what the fuss is. The author has been portraying the characters as young adults (possibly mid-20s) and now, out of the blue decides they are teens. The fact that the characters are teens, but aren't portrayed as such, especially in an ecchi manga, makes you question how exactly the author (who is arguably much older at this point) sees teens in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
You say you don't understand the fuss and procede to explain exactly what the fuss is. The author has been portraying the characters as young adults (possibly mid-20s) and now, out of the blue decides they are teens. The fact that the characters are teens, but aren't portrayed as such, especially in an ecchi manga, makes you question how exactly the author (who is arguably much older at this point) sees teens in the first place.
I mean she's not human so we don't even know her age progressions. But ah yeah I dunno where your based but where I am teens act like horny buggers and if you had no school and out adventuring at that age I can guarentee you they'd be like the MC/FMC. I'd be more shocked if they didn't act like young adults, these are people risking their lives to eck out a living as adventurers.

Dex-chan lover
So is it a hentai game cuz of the stats or is it just normal hentai cuz of the school teaching sex? Or is it a hentai game dreaming about a normal hentai?
Man, a girl with those honkers at 16? She has some gifted genes.

But seriously, if this really took place in a modern setting, I'd have some serious concerns, like that one 'middle-schooler' in the bikini from the Onimai anime. I've only seen clips of it, and it isn't after learning her 'age range' that I was getting mixed vibes. It's one of the reasons I haven't given it a watch, nor ever will.
My guy, pixels don't have any feelings or rights, whether they are depicted and said to be 2 12 or 68 it doesn't matter.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, I had a room mate who said he had sex with female university students when he was 14. From what he told me about his life, I tend to believe him. So I don't understand what's the problem with characters appearing more sexually mature, especially in a fantasy medieval setting.

Yeah, if this was in real life, I'd be a but concerned but since this is fiction, I really do not care.

Seriously, learn to separate fiction from reality. There are worse cases happening in real life and going after them would help the victims greatly but if you're going off on a bunch of fictional characters then you need to fuck off.

Dex-chan lover
If this ever got an anime adaptation, I want Imp voice to be sooo deeply comical

The issue is not the age gap. The issue is that this author (who is an adult) is writing a story about an underage girl getting railed over and over. It's also a bit concerning how many people in this chat seem to have memorized age of consent laws around the world. That's not a good look fellas.

Dex-chan lover
Why are you acting like this dude's missing some important event in his life lmao.
It's just an anime, nothing that serious.

What are you on about? You read into it lmao, I just gave him my 2 cents on it.

Dex-chan lover
You know what, if you like the show that much, more power to you. There are other elements from the show that I've heard about that pull me away from getting into it, but we'll just be having a thread war or something if I list them out, so I'm stopping it here before it begins. I appreciate a different perspective on a show that I wouldn't expect from based on the clips alone, especially considering the main plot for this one. Still, that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to voice an opinion if it isn't to everyone's liking, and I'm sticking to it. Take it what you will, and I hope you have a good day.
That's fair enough, I didn't mean to imply you're not allowed to voice that opinion, just that imo it deviates from what the anime is actually like (similar to comedy anime that only have a bit of ecchi).

Dex-chan lover
The issue is not the age gap. The issue is that this author (who is an adult) is writing a story about an underage girl getting railed over and over. It's also a bit concerning how many people in this chat seem to have memorized age of consent laws around the world. That's not a good look fellas.

Said depiction is legal in Japan and legal where I live. So your issue is a moral one and a chapter discussion thread is not the right place to discuss it.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, how way too many people here jump to defending the legal status of age of consent in that amount of detail shows that fiction does influence reality.

Users who are viewing this thread