Dark Summoner to Dekiteiru - Vol. 2 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
When a mod tells you to stop, you stop.
Yeah? How strange, but as I remember it in pre-2018 era, everytime a genderbent appear, the discussion would be full of people making corny and horny jokes. And yet, here you are, claiming that it sparks a trans debate instead. Maybe you're right, maybe I am stuck in the past; missing the time when people are there reading manga and watching anime to genuinely have a good time, without bringing any real-life bullshit.
Ah yes, real life "bullshit", like trans people being a thing. Great callout bro

Dex-chan lover
I mean I am not the one writing actual essays about this. Once people finally stop carrying the argument on then I’ll copy paste everyone’s comments into Word and see how much they wrote.

I feel excluded since you didnt do that for me or maybe you did and Word crashed since I am aware of how my posts end up being ... 3 hours later when I am re-reading then.

Dex-chan lover
I feel excluded since you didnt do that for me or maybe you did and Word crashed since I am aware of how my posts end up being ... 3 hours later when I am re-reading then.
Well I haven't started. Starting now.

Dex-chan lover
When a mod tells you to stop, you stop.
It sounds like you frequented very sheltered communities then. I remember seeing IRC users loving to project themselves into genderbent characters since the late 90s, as Japanese media has been pioneering this for a long time, even if engaging in toxic tropes, it was considered better than nothing (since western media was so far behind back then). Later one, and still before the social media booms, you had tons of forums dedicated to it. Then in 2010's people migrated to reddit comunities and other social media, but again, people relating to queer and genderbent characters have always been around.
And yet, did people made a stink or are hostile to them? No? Why? Oh, I know, they didn't made demands to change stories to cater exclusively to them. They're not raising pitchforks just because people doesn't agree with them. They love the story for what it is, they're part of the fanbase.

Can you say the same nowadays? You said that fan communities changes because of constant flux, then I say they've changed for the worse.

Maybe in 2018 you simply started noticing them and feeling personally attacked.
Uh-huh, so I can't be upset that some group of people are trying to destroy things that I love?

It's people like you that are so eager to debate it, so it's kinda funny to see you complain about it. Don't insult people or ask for people to elaborate if you don't like people actually interacting with your offhand comments.
If those "interactions" spells ignorance to the T, then it is what it is.

It's absolutely asinine to me that some people are actively defending censorship and defilement of a media. I also found it hilarious that none of you dare to answer my questions on Netflix's The Witcher adaptation. Political-correctness is one hell of a drug, huh?

It seems like you believe I have a vendetta against trans people specifically, despite the overwhelming things I said that what I'm against are people with ludicrous demands for changes in the name of "modern values". Those people doesn't necessarily have to be trans, from what I've seen it just so happens that the majority of those people are within the LGBT community.

Still, it's a shame you feel like this, but it's not all that surprising either. Your response with disgust over me trying to be friendly is also quite telling: You seem to want to remain angry.
You seem to be surprised that someone would response a passive-aggressive remark with disgust, the people around you must be very nice.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Please keep your petty politics out of MangaDex forums please. I don't care who you vote for in America, I just want to see a priest and summoner plap plap plap and laugh.

Dex-chan lover
I am sorry but that became politics, it wasnt or at least widespread but look at how you cannot even talk about traps without getting people going on about identity politics ... we had Poison that was original a women that became trans because "cannot hit women in bideograms" as a way to bypass it with no outcry about it and now we have Bridget that had his origin story altered so there could be "representation".

Why do you think we having this conversations, I could say both cares are wrong ... that Poison should never been changed into a man just because of a perceived notion about women just like Bridget had his backstory changed in order to fill a ESG quota. Both are very much the same wrong motivated for the same thing.

You know what destroys culture? commercialization and just look at what happened to music were its all the same shit for the last 2 decades (God, that is depressing even if there are the occasional good here and there but compared with the 60-90s), the only reason there is the so called "representation" is because of people playing the game of filling in checkboxes but in relation to comics as they been on decline even before the wokeism due to ... well, some rather stupid commercial decisions (such as effectively switching demographics) that was accelerated due to cronyism and nepotism fueled by the daddy WB or Disney paying the bills and the whole Netflix deal some writers (that never wanted to write comics in the first place) were aiming at that certainly accelerated its demise even when at the height of the MCU they were losing sales.

Are there crusaders ... sure, same with manga as some authors do show their own opnions in their work but that is not the problem, its the fear that just like Bridget past was changed to "reflect the world we curent live on" (to quote the Drinker, not that I agree with him in all things) that Japan starts to adopt the same ill practices of the ESG checkbox quotas because foreign markets, they did that a few times before (appealing to the West) with anime and games and it never worked, heck DOA6 was self-censored and it crashed and burned the whole series just like Skullgirls is currently doing ... shall I go on? How about the MCU that after Endgame just dropped and even if we can blame other factors beyond the representation checkbox it was certainly there too.

That is what is currently killing culture, Manga is currently safe because Japanese society is very conservative and the manga industry is not only much larger that Comics but also far more competitive, there is Disney keeping the lights up so hey can deconstruct Fist of the Northern Star, a lot of people that actually get in (and are a minority) end up dropping out so its not likely to happen, few mangakas have the power to dictate their own terms (Rumiko Takahashi is one of the few, you have to be at that level) and its too competitive to even think about it but lets not get any illusions, they would go full in wokism if it got then money because that is what matters, they dont care about representation outside using it to play the ESG checkbox game.

And dont take this as thinking I bat for the other side because all are deplorable, the other side of representation in comics was the CCA the only thing that matters is money, not morals and if people have to see it happening in their side of the aisle to understand that then so be it, I am not selfdeluded like some to think the Bud Light boycott is anything but people having a excuse to finally stop drinking that pisswater and feel good about it.

Plus I dont want to deal with wierdos like the people that go Yamato is trans, there is a reason why I gone over the My Truth and what it is, if you have people that cannot handle their headcanon being smashed by Word of God (Author) and try to use political correctness in a attempt to shift reality to fit their own misperception as part of the community then all you have is a bunch of bullies that cannot handle being proven wrong and double down, they destroy communities because they have (how Tumblr crowd killed comics due to the existing cronyism, I am not going to say it wasnt there before) and they will.
I ain’t reading allat

but I’m happy for you

or sorry that happened

Dex-chan lover
Ok people. We done? Got that steam out?

This popcorn bucket ran out of kernel 5 decades ago :kek:

Dex-chan lover
Please keep your petty politics out of MangaDex forums please. I don't care who you vote for in America, I just want to see a priest and summoner plap plap plap and laugh.
It’s a shame but I feel like recently it hasn’t been like before where they were undeniably having sex, and nowadays it’s just sexual things like talking about fetishes

Dex-chan lover
Uh-huh, so I can't be upset that some group of people are trying to destroy things that I love?
No one has destroyed anything, that's all in your head. The hostility here is all yours, because you can't take different interpretations of an art work.
You seem to be surprised that someone would response a passive-aggressive remark with disgust, the people around you must be very nice.
See what I mean by being all in your head? You immediately assumed I was being passive-aggressive, but I wasn't, I genuinely think you lack affection and friendship, since you harbor so much anger inside that head of yours. The hug offer was genuine, but since you are being hostile in the first place, it makes sense you assume people will do to you what you do to them.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
No one has destroyed anything, that's all in your head. The hostility here is all yours, because you can't take different interpretations of an art work.

See what I mean by being all in your head? You immediately assumed I was being passive-aggressive, but I wasn't, I genuinely think you lack affection and friendship, since you harbor so much anger inside that head of yours. The hug offer was genuine, but since you are being hostile in the first place, it makes sense you assume people will do to you what you do to them.
You're literally the personification of Invincible Ignorance. That's just sad.

So censoring the original work and trying to paint a certain picture to fulfill an agenda is "different interpretations"?? The fact that you're doing your absolute best in avoiding my questions is proof enough and tells me a lot about you.

You're so daft that you didn't even realize you were being passive-aggressive. Lacking real-life interaction with normal people, I presume? Also, although my friends can be counted on two hands, time has proven again and again that they genuinely have my back. Stop projecting your lack of affection and loneliness. You said that I harbor so much anger, but It's only natural for someone to get worked up especially when they're defending things they're passionate about. Something that is obviously alien to you.

I've already spent enough time talking to a wall of brick. It has been proven to be quite unfruitful. Have a good day.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Multiple people were warned to stop derailing the thread by @Richman several pages ago.

Every poster that chose to ignore this warning will be receiving points.

Reminder that politics is not currently allowed on MD forums unless it is explicitly related to the chapter/title at hand.

Users who are viewing this thread