DARLING in the FRANXX

Double-page supporter
Why upload a meme translation just to make a point about the quality of spanish to english translation? Almost no one is reading this for the plot since the anime is far ahead of the manga. This manga is basically Yabuki Kentaro drawing ecchi to advertise the anime. :thinking:

Dex-chan lover
I don't watch anime anymore so the whole thing is pretty new for me.

Could we please get an expunge system for chapters or a rating system for groups? This is getting out of hand.

Ch10's translation is quite possibly worse than using google translate verbatim.

"This is not the best experience to read. Read our Spanish version".

Sure, because everybody speaks Spanish and we read English translations just because we want to improve our poor English... I didn't care much either way about all the drama, but now I certainly think that you're being di##ish for the sake of being di##ish.

I don't understand what they mean by loosing meaning when doing jp>es>en. Is not like this story has a deeper meaning from what we already see.
No entiendo que quiere decir con que pierde significado cuando hacen de jp>es>en. No es como que esta historia tiene un significado mas profundo de lo que ya podemos ver.

Want to feel the real "Darling in the FranXX" experience? Read our Japanese to Spanish to English to Italian translation!

Group Leader
en el japonés, hay ciertas expresiones o maneras de hablar que son únicas en su lengua, al traducirlo al español hay que adaptarlas de la manera más sutil posible, pero aún así siempre se pierde algo de la esencia original, luego, al traducirlo de esa adaptación con pérdida al inglés, en el que también hay que adaptar algunas cosas para expresar lo que se intenta decir se pierde aún más. No es que sea dificil de interpretar, es que se pierden modismos y en algunas ocasiones la intención del dialogo, dando a entender una cosa completamente diferente.

In Japanese, there are certain expressions or ways of speaking that are unique in their language, when translating it into Spanish you have to adapt them in the subtlest possible way, but even so you always lose something of the original essence, then, when translating it from that adaptation with loss to English, in which you also have to adapt some things to express what you are trying to say you lose even more. It is not that it is difficult to interpret, it is that idioms are lost and in some occasions the intention of the dialogue, giving to understand a completely different thing.

Contributor
Ewwh. I leave this thread for 6 days. and this is mess.
Can we stop guys, Holo and ixlone Warning us about comment guidelines. Im afraid there is mass banned or blocked comment section.

Dex-chan lover
I get the sentiment but tits and ass are a universal language in and of itself.

Pretty sure at this point teloveru should add this warning on their spanish version:
"This is not the optimal Darling in the Franxx manga reading experience. Don't read our translation and go read the Japanese version".

Dex-chan lover
@CoolOtamegane we should be able to call a spade a spade and a bad translation a bad translation. And what [[ToLoveRu]] uploaded was a bad translation. The watermarks were the icing on the cake.

Miku best girl
Admin
Different languages have different nuances or implications within them, so if you're translating via an intermediate language, "artifacts" of translation are introduced, through no fault of either translator. This could lead to wildly hilarious translations. Do a En -> Jp -> Cn -> Fr -> It -> En and compared the start/end translations. It's like playing Chinese whispers!

Dex-chan lover
@Holo I've never heard that game called Chinese whispers before! We always called it the Telephone Game!

It's true that by using intermediate languages they tend to accumulate errors, but you can't say to an english reader to read in Spanish cause your translation is first hand, it's stupid.

By the way, now there is a 5th group doing the series? This whole thing is getting ridiculous.

Don't worry your pretty heads, Gardiens du Jardin will keep working for the time being. Still it is nice to see dedication to the series.
We will also re-work on previous chapters 6-7-8, so look forward to checking them out!

And about the whole language debates, in a general perspective without considering specifics, yeah, some errors are bound to happen. BUT, in this case, it doesn't mean less of an experience reading it in Spanish or English. Situations have been adapted for each language, with attention to details and idioms, so I can assure everyone, you aren't missing any superior experience when reading it in Gardiens English scan.
Thank you for the attention and have a pleasant day readers!

I wish their was a way to block seeing updates from groups I don't want to see, it gets my hopes up for nothing when I see updates for the manga I read only to see its from an illegible group I don't read the scans of

Users who are viewing this thread