Destiny Unchain Online ~Kyuuketsu-ki Shoujo to natte, Yagate『Aka no Maou』to Yobareru You ni Narimashita~ - Vol. 8 Ch. 65 - Potential

Dex-chan lover
Weeelll... PKers do exist... I don't know about the LN... But yeah, definitely chapters explicitly titled "Player Killer<s>" in the WN. I'd have to go back and check to see if the specific arc happened, or the one with Lycoris, though.
There are player killers but it's not the manga's PK arc. It's just a short kerfuffle that lasted 2.5 chapters that essentially existed only to show off Hinagiku and to force Crim to suck blood (specifically Hijiri's/Freya's blood as a character development moment)
Same with the Lycoris thing, in the WN her father brought her into the guild rather than her joining of her own volition and the Lycoris arc of the manga was essentially a very redone and much improved version of 空白の画架 (Blank Easel) from the end of volume 2

Dex-chan lover
"So, who expected that?"

I go into manga hoping for the best but not expecting anything. Expectations lead to disappointment.

Bruh, I thought that gnomes were just a robot race.
well technically she is a sub-race of gnome that is a robot. Probably robot makes by gnomes.

oh yeah gnomes are technically not flesh and blood like dwarfs isn't it? I just remember they classified as elementals instead. So Lycoris is a technically advanced metal golem. In short, a robot.

That said, sub-race of an elemental race and yet devoid of magic, me think they might as well make a robot race to begin with. Since it feels insulting, being a sub-race and yet not have the core part that made up the main race.

he didn't realise he was called ugly.
Crim just called him old man, she didn't add the ugly part. They all probably think he looked too normal/bland to have such a cute daughter. Ugly or bland, you decide which one is worse I guess.

I like how Crim is in her pajama while everyone else is wearing their normal gears. They haven't realized that Crim-chan straight up just stay in the game 24/7, even sleeping in here.

Now I want to see a chapter dedicated to Crim's daily life.
gendershift?/spoiler
As a genderbend fan, I am always really interested about that part. It is small but it feels like a really nice fanservice to me. Maybe because it shows one of the many annoyances of being a woman. And on the same note, it makes the main character realized his body is of a woman and he has to deal with it now.

Damn why do I like male becoming female more than actual original female? Only in manga/anime tho.

Aggregator gang
I like how Crim is in her pajama while everyone else is wearing their normal gears. They haven't realized that Crim-chan straight up just stay in the game 24/7, even sleeping in here.

Now I want to see a chapter dedicated to Crim's daily life.

As a genderbend fan, I am always really interested about that part. It is small but it feels like a really nice fanservice to me. Maybe because it shows one of the many annoyances of being a woman. And on the same note, it makes the main character realized his body is of a woman and he has to deal with it now.

Damn why do I like male becoming female more than actual original female? Only in manga/anime tho.
There's definitely a joke about checking if you're trans to be made here. But more seriously, there's a decent amount of people who really like the idea or are at least comforted by the thought of being with a girl who was originally a guy, more than some people might commonly say compared to what we see with real life opinions (cause y'know fiction vs real life).

But I think it boils down a bit to the fact that a lot of people would, honestly, want to date their best friend, but their best friend is also a dude and they're not gay. It's why that kinda situation specifically too is so popular because now all that chemistry, the shared experiences, the knowledge, the safety that the person you're getting with is someone who you know is going to understand each other is all there. Except now the only barrier that most people would have to pursuing a relationship (sexual preference) has been removed.

And there's also something to be said for seeing a character go through an understandable experience that they struggle with, wanting to cheer them on from that hard time. In the same way I find audiences love to see characters struggle with losing a limb and how that changes their body and life, so too does the genderswap feel like it puts someone under similar stress.

Anyways this is probably a whole lot longer than you actually expected but that's the just of it. The answer might also be "flustered pretty girl struggling with femininity fun to watch" for you in which case I'd suggest looking into seeing what your reaction is to tomboys being flustered in anime/manga to see if it evokes a similar feeling.

Aggregator gang
[citation needed]

That is a wild ass assumption lol
I don't think it's too wild? It's why a lot of people now just date their friends too instead of look for hook ups. People like to be around people they enjoy spending time with. It's not always the case, but it's a popular enough sentiment.

Dex-chan lover
Crim just called him old man, she didn't add the ugly part. They all probably think he looked too normal/bland to have such a cute daughter. Ugly or bland, you decide which one is worse I guess.
i wasn't talking about what crim said but about this comment "what are you trying to say?" "that your wife must be beautiful" as being called ugly

i wasn't talking about what crim said but about this comment "what are you trying to say?" "that your wife must be beautiful" as being called ugly
ah shit looking back it was Frey who threw out that comment. Anyway yeah my point is still the same, it is common to think they are calling him ugly, but they can also be calling him bland. Cause it is visually contradicting, cause he looks like a cool ojisan.

There's definitely a joke about checking if you're trans to be made here. But more seriously, there's a decent amount of people who really like the idea or are at least comforted by the thought of being with a girl who was originally a guy, more than some people might commonly say compared to what we see with real life opinions (cause y'know fiction vs real life).

But I think it boils down a bit to the fact that a lot of people would, honestly, want to date their best friend, but their best friend is also a dude and they're not gay. It's why that kinda situation specifically too is so popular because now all that chemistry, the shared experiences, the knowledge, the safety that the person you're getting with is someone who you know is going to understand each other is all there. Except now the only barrier that most people would have to pursuing a relationship (sexual preference) has been removed.

And there's also something to be said for seeing a character go through an understandable experience that they struggle with, wanting to cheer them on from that hard time. In the same way I find audiences love to see characters struggle with losing a limb and how that changes their body and life, so too does the genderswap feel like it puts someone under similar stress.

Anyways this is probably a whole lot longer than you actually expected but that's the just of it. The answer might also be "flustered pretty girl struggling with femininity fun to watch" for you in which case I'd suggest looking into seeing what your reaction is to tomboys being flustered in anime/manga to see if it evokes a similar feeling.
Yeah I think it is kinda spot on, and nah im not trans, im good with my own schlong, just curious about the genderbend genre in general. The flustered tomboy is one thing, but I think it is still not as complete as having an actual boy turned into a girl. The period stuff I think is more a fetish on my part, it is a struggle yes, but I view it as the protagonist finally realized she is fully a girl now, because she had a problem that belong solely to girls. And yeah the chemistry between best friends too, genderbend is like using a cheat code to make the best character become date-able. Tho most of the time the protagonist is the genderbent one tho, so most of the time the best friend character is also pretty great and desirable as a boyfriend.

Aggregator gang
Yeah I think it is kinda spot on, and nah im not trans, im good with my own schlong, just curious about the genderbend genre in general. The flustered tomboy is one thing, but I think it is still not as complete as having an actual boy turned into a girl. The period stuff I think is more a fetish on my part, it is a struggle yes, but I view it as the protagonist finally realized she is fully a girl now, because she had a problem that belong solely to girls. And yeah the chemistry between best friends too, genderbend is like using a cheat code to make the best character become date-able. Tho most of the time the protagonist is the genderbent one tho, so most of the time the best friend character is also pretty great and desirable as a boyfriend.
Yeah lmao genderbend is kinda nice in that it's often a middle ground between fully trans experience stories and people just curious about the genre and the usual tropes behind it. If you want a kind of fun example of a GB that really tackles that whole 'two best friends who can only start considering dating once one is a girl' type thing I'd recommend "Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to". It's definitely a slow burn kind of thing and it can really drag itself along at times but it's probably one of my favourites for unexpectedly hitting you relationships and how it affects a person and the people around them.

Glad to hear I managed to ramble semi on the mark though aha! Here's to waiting for the future chapters after I binged the novel now too.

Users who are viewing this thread