Destroy It All And Love Me In Hell! - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Stagnant Quagmire

Power Uploader
I swear I keep seeing manga online that always have two english titles - one that's actually somewhat well translated and the other that's just straight up made up because you can't look at the actual title and somehow arrive at this
In most cases, the English title that feels made up/doesn't make sense is the official one from Japanese publishers. "I Love Your Cruddy" is a recent example, versus the fan-translated title "The Filthy You Is The Cutest."

if my mom ever found out i stole she wouldn’t have even cared not bc she doesn’t care abt me its bc stealing really isn’t that big of a deal, so why did the mom pull a fucking knife????😭😭😭

Supporter
I am so loving this manga and I so hope that we continue to get more chapters in the future. I really appreciate all the hard work in translating. This is one of my favorite chapters in that we get a lot od details into their lives. I will do my part in buying volume one and I already buy Yuri Hime magazine. Thanks for the translation

Double-page supporter
My appreciation for the manga grows after each update! Outstanding translastion and typesetting, it's easy to read and feels natural

Well, if this turns out so toxic it becomes wholesome and healing in some twisted kind of way, giving us a happy end, i'm all for it. But if the girls start puking at each other and one strangling the other, then carrying her through some snowstorm, just to collapse and to die next to her "lovers" corpse, then i'm not all that much for it.
that's so specific.
Care to elaborate?

I noticed Naoi has some kind of bruises on her arm and a few cuts on her legs, so her father might be aggressive and might have physically hurt her in some moment. I'll vote for Naoi's dad as the worst parent

Banned
that's so specific.
Care to elaborate?
You missed out on a ride. I don't know if i can even recommend that work. It's either a 8.7/10 or a 2-3/10...i just can't decide how to feel about it. But maybe that's why it's good? Or bad? Anyways, i don't think i want to recommend it, so maybe someone else will spoonfeed you.

Group Leader
imo highlights:

With the volume one cover being colored it seems confirmed that the marks on Naoi’s arm are burn scars, not bruises, which would imply she was severely hurt in a fire or by some kind of chemical

Naoi’s academics are good, but she doesn’t seem to care about school very much which isn’t surprising giving her shitty life circumstances (maybe she was working to try and save up money to get away from her dad?)

Kurumi probably starts crying in her room not from one thing specifically but from everything that happened in the past couple weeks (?) and from the thought of not having a reason to see Naoi, who ended up being the only person she could drop her mask around in who knows how many years

Naoi is a fucking giga chad for coming to school covered in bruises and just stopping short of outright telling kokoro “yeah your crush beat me up and it was super hot”

Kurumi being very unsubtle and probably confirming any suspicions Kokoro might have about her and Naoi engaging in gay crimes™️ by immediately being like WHAT ABOUT NAOI when kokoro mentions her

Anyways I’m rooting for them to start their happy fun revenge tour

Dex-chan lover
Well, if this turns out so toxic it becomes wholesome and healing in some twisted kind of way, giving us a happy end, i'm all for it. But if the girls start puking at each other and one strangling the other, then carrying her through some snowstorm, just to collapse and to die next to her "lovers" corpse, then i'm not all that much for it.

I mean, I doubt this ends well. They relate with each other due to their similar life experiences but not in a healthy way. With the theme of the series being toxic forms of affection or love, I doubt their own relationship goes unexamined.

How bad it goes is another question and there is probably not any point in trying to top that particular series (plus they actually both like each other in this one), but I would expect something closer to that than any variant "wholesome and healing."

Though if they can pull off an even remotely happy ending I will be okay with it, but I expect it's going to get worse before it even possibly gets better.

Edit:

I don't even feel bad for Kokoro. Your friend clearly has an abusive mother--physically and emotionally. Either she didn't know that--in which case she's a shitty and unobservant friend, or she did know and she did something to threaten her friends safety. I hope she gets her heart stamped into little pieces.
Choking seggs with knives when?

Also re:Kokoro, I will reference my earlier post.

A lot of the misunderstanding really stems a lot from Kurumi not communicating to Kokoro that there was more to the situation or considering why Kokoro might be uncomfortable being put in the position of "the only person who knows." Kokoro wanting to involve an authority figure is relatively reasonable and "I don't want to worry my parents" could be a statement made by someone downplaying the impact on themselves, rather than someone who doesn't have the type of relationship with their parents where they can talk about stuff. Kokoro presumably does have that type of trusting relationship with her parents.

This kind of gap in understanding is actually pretty realistic I think, where often well intentioned people make things worse for kids in abusive or difficult home environments and do so in a way where the person in the bad situation ends up blaming themselves. Probably the situation will deteriorate a lot more as Kurumi goes past the point of what Kokoro can accept or forgive.

Or in other words, I think this is exactly the kind of thing a reasonably well intentioned kid with limited life experience could miss, especially when Kurumi is doing her best to stop other people from realizing there's anything weird going on at home.

I do think this is trending toward evil Kokoro now though because Kokoro really likes being the person Kurumi can most trust and relax around. IRL, she could just accept this new side of Kurumi and continue trying to be her friend (giving up on romance if Kurumi doesn't reciprocate) to be a good influence on her or else just quietly distancing herself from her. However, drama and the story themes dictate that she responds badly to this loss of control and influence over the person towards whom she has affection.

Last edited:
Supporter
THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK!

Every manga by kuwabara make my heart always beats when I read it. I like how this manga tell us about bad habit and how about family. Naoi san so cute :p

Dex-chan lover
Or in other words, I think this is exactly the kind of thing a reasonably well intentioned kid with limited life experience could miss, especially when Kurumi is doing her best to stop other people from realizing there's anything weird going on at home.
Yeah, honestly even if someone catches on that someone was troubled they frequently wouldn't immediately jump to the parents being a factor. And socially, kids are taught to seek out an adult authority figure, so the idea that said authority could be part of the problem doesn't always come to mind for a lot of people.

Users who are viewing this thread