Destroy It All And Love Me In Hell! - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - A Shadow's Call

Dex-chan lover
However, remember the early chapter where Naoi thinks she hasn't looked forward coming to school since [insert elipsis] (or something like that).
Naoi said Kurumi was the first time she looked forward to going to school at the start of chapter 4. So no, zero implication of liking Kudou, since that outright dismisses that possibility. And Kudou this chapter pointed out that Naoi always seemed miserable.

Chapter 4: "When was the last time I was this excited to go to school? No... This is the first time."

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Lol at how Kurumi's facial expression worsens when she realizes it's not her mom but Kokoro. Says a lot.
Probably because her mom would at least have reason to be there, since it's her house. I'm wondering if there's going to be a reveal next chapter that Kurumi had repressed negative memories of Kokoro like how Naoi memory holed Kudou's masochism.

Supporter
I thought the comments calling Kokoro and Kudou "exes" were tongue-in-cheek, but it appears some people seriously think that?

They're not exes. Kokoro/Kudou never dated Kurumi/Naoi.

Dex-chan lover
I thought the comments calling Kokoro and Kudou "exes" were tongue-in-cheek, but it appears some people seriously think that?

They're not exes. Kokoro/Kudou never dated Kurumi/Naoi.
Kurumi did agree to pity date Kokoro for a "trial period", because she thought Kokoro would try to kill herself like her mother threatened to do if she refused. But as for Kudou, it just seemed to be Naoi venting her anger over her bad living situation on Kudou out of malice.

That seems to be the intent. Kurumi was too nice, while Naoi was too cruel. The extremes broke the people they interacted with, so they needed to learn to become more balanced in their interactions with others.

However, remember the early chapter where Naoi thinks she hasn't looked forward coming to school since [insert elipsis] (or something like that). Then this chapter we find out the ex has not been coming to school. I think this is all the confirmation we need that it is the same person and there was more going on than typical bullying dynamics.
It's after Kurumi vandalizes Isanuma's desk.

Double-page supporter
went to same university and living together, sounds good for them, cute how kurumi was the one suggested it

oh bruh what kokoro did to kurumi :pepehmm: why everyone in this comic have mental illness

Dex-chan lover
Naoi said Kurumi was the first time she looked forward to going to school at the start of chapter 4. So no, zero implication of liking Kudou, since that outright dismisses that possibility. And Kudou this chapter pointed out that Naoi always seemed miserable.

Chapter 4: "When was the last time I was this excited to go to school? No... This is the first time."
Kind of ambiguous, I guess, but my interpretation was that there was some time she was excited that she's comparing too and she is just more excited now. We didn't know much about Naoi at the time. Since the information that makes it into manga text panels is minimal, it tends to be important and there for a reason, so I was interpreting this as hinting about Naoi's past. She also takes to the sadist stuff very quickly, which would make sense if it's not new to her. However, I can see how someone would read it differently.

Ultimately we will have to wait for more chapters to see what the nature of their relationship was. The ambiguity at this point is likely intentional.

Also, I am not serious about this being their ex girlfriends. I am serious about it being an ex-"former-emotional-relationship" that narratively is filling a role an ex girlfriend might.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She also takes to the sadist stuff very quickly, which would make sense if it's not new to her.
It was the sadist/masochist dynamic that made her stop talking to Kudou. Naoi mentions that this chapter. She keeps calling it "gross/disgusting". The only time she's shown deriving any pleasure with it is when she's with Kurumi, but that might be like Kudou's issue of only Naoi works for her.

Dex-chan lover
While that is a possibility, I definitely don't think that's been shown. Much like my own thoughts, you are speculating based on limited information and trying to think how these pieces of information we've seen might be connected. The difference is that, whereas you are seeing the panels you mention as their whole dynamic, I am seeing this as the end result of their relationship.

Given whatever happened between them is over and Naoi has avoided her, it goes without saying that Naoi ended up uncomfortable with where things ended up. That doesn't mean that was their entire history. The fact that the ex changed over the time she knew Naoi is one of the only pieces of information we have about her, in fact. Naoi could be grossed out by her desperation, a sense she was having a bad impact on her, the actions the she did to try to get Naoi's attention, etc, but this would explicitly not be their earlier dynamic.

That her interactions with Kurumi are more enjoyable to her and had differences even from the start is likely true, though. It's not like they'd make the ex the superior person for her.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
So we have sleep molestation now... That girl is spiraling hard.

Supporter
Kurumi did agree to pity date Kokoro for a "trial period", because she thought Kokoro would try to kill herself like her mother threatened to do if she refused. But as for Kudou, it just seemed to be Naoi venting her anger over her bad living situation on Kudou out of malice.

That seems to be the intent. Kurumi was too nice, while Naoi was too cruel. The extremes broke the people they interacted with, so they needed to learn to become more balanced in their interactions with others.
Wow I don't remember that at all.
Seems I've forgotten a ton of stuff that happened outside of the interactions between Naoi and Kurumi.

Dex-chan lover
Wow I don't remember that at all.
Seems I've forgotten a ton of stuff that happened outside of the interactions between Naoi and Kurumi.
We even got a panel of Kokoro grabbing Kurumi, but it's less distracting than the Naoi/Kurumi ones.

5cf0GS1.png

Okay, maybe I have a fixation here.

It's not explicitly stated that she thinks Kokoro will kill herself and Kokoro didn't say anything like that, but this happened alongside (unknown to Kokoro) the type of interactions that made her worry that with her mother. This brings us to the arc where Kurumi shuts down emotionally and eventually ends up tackling Naoi into a pool (I think). I don't remember Kurumi officially breaking up with Kokoro either, so Kokoro might still consider themselves a pair.

I should probably reread myself. It's been over a year, so I'm sure those of us who haven't are forgetting many small details.

Dex-chan lover
It's not explicitly stated that she thinks Kokoro will kill herself and Kokoro didn't say anything like that,

I don't remember Kurumi officially breaking up with Kokoro either, so Kokoro might still consider themselves a pair.
Chapter 8: "If I refuse, would she end up like mom...?" So not explicit, but it's pretty clear she's talking about her mother's tendency to self-harm when upset.

They never officially broke up, but Kurumi basically ghosted her by not responding to Kokoro's texts since the summer break started. Kokoro doesn't realize Kurumi's phone was thrown away, so to her it seems like Kurumi's ignoring her on purpose. But at the same time, Kurumi made zero effort that was shown to contact her. So, it seems like Kurumi just planned to move on quietly. Kokoro breaking in, especially after seemingly being deliberately ignored is a very bad sign. It's like she's trying to be romantic to win Kurumi over, but since she doesn't understand boundaries, is just making Kurumi really creeped out.

Dex-chan lover
They never officially broke up, but Kurumi basically ghosted her by not responding to Kokoro's texts since the summer break started. Kokoro doesn't realize Kurumi's phone was thrown away, so to her it seems like Kurumi's ignoring her on purpose. But at the same time, Kurumi made zero effort that was shown to contact her. So, it seems like Kurumi just planned to move on quietly. Kokoro breaking in, especially after seemingly being deliberately ignored is a very bad sign. It's like she's trying to be romantic to win Kurumi over, but since she doesn't understand boundaries, is just making Kurumi really creeped out.

I do remember about the texts etc since that's just happened. Kokoro ever considering that a valid relationship shows she is following her brand of logic. I doubt she is thinking of this as breaking in and assaulting Kurumi. Stopping by your girlfriends' house to see if they're okay, kissing them lightly (maybe on the cheek) while they're alsleep, and making making them food is the type of thing that someone could conceivably do in a relationship.

If she's decided they're still together for some reason (eg, finding out about the broken phone paired with seeing Kurumi injured again, which could lead to her thinking Kurumi stopped talking due to being in trouble) then this could explain the sudden change in behavior. Likely something happened to spur the change.

Obviously mega creepy to the rest of us for Kokoro to randomly show up in Kurumi's house while Kurumi is sleeping and alone, but Kokoro likely sees herself as a cute and nonthreatening person who wants to protect Kurumi.

Dex-chan lover
Likely something happened to spur the change.
Best case scenario for Naoi - Kokoro found out Naoi went into the hotel with Kurumi.
Worst case scenario for Naoi - Kokoro found out Naoi went into the hotel with Kudou.

Though there's alot of other options, like maybe Akane gave her well-intentioned advice that Kokoro applied Kokoro-logic to. Like telling her to "make a grand romantic gesture".

Users who are viewing this thread