Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 14 Ch. 95 - Falin III

Dex-chan lover
The notion of not always being able to do what you want really hit raw
RL talks. Yes you can dream, but first look at what is in front of you.

Before you say "I can do whatever I want", always think "who is there beside me to help?".
The passions of youth easily die when hit with a crisis.

Dex-chan lover
it's really sad and heartwarming at the same time, the end is coming close, the journey in it's final chapter. really sad that reality are not fantasy that everyone will be happy like they want it to be, at the very least the present is something to enjoy the fullest and not take it for granted

Dex-chan lover
Not sure why I still feel like there is no way this is the end, I keep thinking is the demon really defeated?

Also poor Thistle, no one remember him anymore. After everything he has gone through. And Marcille is really fine being prisoned? Won't there be a possibility everyone will die before she can go out?

Aggregator gang
YEAHHH IZUTSUMI CHAPTER

tangential but i really love the way orcs are designed in this manga? i know the pig-like design isnt completely orginal to dm but i think it's really well done here

(i'm saying dumb vapid stuff to distract myself from the pain of being so close to the end of the series 😭)

Power Uploader
Izutsumi having a natural disposition to being selfish is just her cat part acting up, and it's nice to see her human part has developed enough to be able to think things through and counter her willful side.

Lios becoming king is actually the best possible outcome, he can give Chilchuck funds to start big with his business to help all the other adventures who lost their job, give Senshi a new job/purpose, give the orcs and any other demi-human races a place to live in peace, make some deal to make the island Marceline's prision, give Izutsumi as much freedom as possible within the island AND the whole party will look after Lios so he doesn't fuck things up as king. Not to mention Lios is hard to bribe with money as the current governors since he only cares about monsters and eating said monsters.

Dex-chan lover
If Laios becomes the king of that island, then the governor's agreement for the elves to take Marci would be voided, and she could serve her "sentence" on the island with her friends and loved ones. Not sure if that's how it will play out. I guess I still see the canaries as villains.
Maybe some compromise where she's made part of the elven research team that's sent to the island.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
Not sure why I still feel like there is no way this is the end, I keep thinking is the demon really defeated?
because
1. the curse hasn't been explained yet.
2. no one is sure what effect demon being eaten will have on the world

After reading the world guide (the official version - which has more chapters translated than here), I feel like there could a sequel involving investigating what happened in the dungeons throughout the world

Also poor Thistle, no one remember him anymore. After everything he has gone through.
Laios remembered him last chapter, he's just not relevant to this feast so not needed - maybe after he recovers like mithrun, he either joins canaries as a criminal on parole, or Laios keeps him for advice on dungeon logistics / ancient magic/ possible aftereffects of the demon being eaten.

And Marcille is really fine being prisoned? Won't there be a possibility everyone will die before she can go out?
1. she's not truly fine, but she's doing it out of guilt for causing everyone lots of trouble with her ancient magic and as dungeon master.
2. Most readers (including me) don't think Marcille will stay in prison (at least not for long) for both practical and emotional reasons:

practical: rather than sending an elf who is unfamiliar with Laios/untrustworthy to Laios, it's probably simpler for both elven nation and Laios to let Marcille stay on the island and help deal with golden kingdom's dungeon/magic related things. - like she can just report everything she researched to the elven nation.

emotional: Laios and the party probably wouldn't be ok with Marcille being imprisoned when she did so much to help the party and Falin on the adventure. with Laios' influence and help with negotiating (like kabru) - Marcille should avoid prison life.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
before starting DM i was a girl on twitter loving the hell out of Izutsumi, like she was the best character ever

and i just cant see it chief, the series is ending and i dont like her one bit

Double-page supporter
Outstanding chapter. Totally 10 out of 10. This is what this series is all about and I'm gonna do an overall of this chapter, bear with me:
1. The comfy way Kui writes about how everyone is dealing with their own life problems after such a big drastic change is absolutely the best: It serves to show us - and in this regard we join in Izutsumi's search for answers - how people have their own problems to deal with and how they go for different approaches. Just like someone that's graduated school and now is looking for the next step in their life;

2. I love how each part is worried about simple things like: i'm gonna cook this, or i'm gonna cook that, but also how they know what kinda thing they had planned to do after they dealt with Fallin's Meat. It is great that even in that, they have minor problems they must point their attention to as in Chilchuck's knowing there will be a lot of people unenployed OR Senshi's being unable to tend to everyone else's healthy diet. In this case I think it's more like someone who know what to do and had some minor steps planned fully knowing they will have some difficulties in achieving their goals;

3. How Laios and Izutsumi are kind of similar in thought: in the beginning we see Laios's trying to avoid thinking about his future and all the possible responsibility he'll have to endure, losing all his Adventurer's lifestyle and all his freedom in the process (just remember the Thorsden Siblins had it tough when they were younger), thinking about how to thank every single person they got help from and if his plans gonna succeed or not, meanwhile, in a paradoxal way Izutsumi now is completely free of being an Adventurer (as she was once a servant and had a duty she had to do), but now she'll have no one to point her what to do or help her doing X or Y during the process, she won't had to follow anyone's plans, she is unburdened ... In this moment, I kinda see them both as someone who graduated Uni and finally left their parents' protection.

To sum it all up, Kui went back to the core of this series: The future is uncertain, nothing is entirely set in stone, you'll struggle to find your own way, but first things first: why don't you eat a good meal first and then deal with your problems? As the saying goes: An empty bag cannot stand upright.

Users who are viewing this thread