Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 14 Ch. 97.5 - Extra - Monster Tidbits 14

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Falin remained part-monster? Was that always estabilished?

I can't wait for Kui-sensei's next work, she simply knows how to make life shine in her stories... and I will hold some hope to see a little more of this world, I think making a "generational" story in the same world would be fun.

Don't count on it. "Amateur" mangakas who suddenly become popular usually burn themselves out and rarely make anything else.

Dex-chan lover

Don't count on it. "Amateur" mangakas who suddenly become popular usually burn themselves out and rarely make anything else.
After all, there are different situations. On the one hand we have the author of Sailor Moon, who believes that her cult manga actually killed her career, and on the other, we have Aka, who wrote two incredibly hyped works in a row.

Dex-chan lover

"Amateur"? I don't quite understand why you are using this word here, Kui-sensei is already a pretty established author, she may not be the most well-known (which may change a lot because of DM anime) but she has a good number of works, and experience, but I do agree that many mangakas can burn themselves out.

And yes... it was established that Fallin has monster features now, when they resurrected her they couldn't entirely excise all the monster characteristics, on account of how much time and how deeply she had fused with that dragon.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
anyone can explain the bit Marcille was talking about in page 10, about being "chopped to pieces"

i didnt get it at all

cgr

Dex-chan lover
…wasn’t this already translated before?
by someone else on reddit, who never uploaded here. this extra will probably be taken down when the volume gets officially translated too
14? huh? So are there at least 13 more?
exactly 13 more: they're at the end of every official volume, so they were taken down from mangadex. you can find a few by searching 'dungeon meshi monster tidbits'
So, have they started traveling together again?
no, laios wanted a break because being a king tires him, and falin indulged him (marcille didn't want to), but the end of the chapter has Laios accept that he can't travel anymore - since they're a serious risk to his life and he needs to do his duty as a king. 'burying' kensuke and his armor (a key part of his adventurers) is partly him coming to terms with it.
anyone can explain the bit Marcille was talking about in page 10, about being "chopped to pieces"

i didnt get it at all
Falin already said it on that page 'something with your scent' will keep monsters away (keeping lots of people safe from monsters)

Laios' reply: 'effect won't last long if it's hair or urine' - means they already tried those before, so Laios' other body parts should work as well

Last edited:
Thanks for spreading awareness of this, the anime, and the other stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Damn Falin really clubbed the monster to death instead of using magic—a really good model of a battle mage.
Well she was a Cleric, not a Mage, after all.

this extra will probably be taken down when the volume gets officially translated too

exactly 13 more: they're at the end of every official volume, so they were taken down from mangadex. you can find a few by searching 'dungeon meshi monster tidbits'
They were voluntarily taken down by the group that translated them initially, they weren't taken down by Mangadex themselves.

Hmm... doesn't Falin have more feathers now than when she was resurrected? In the last chapter it was just her legs I think, but definitely not as much around her neck.
Probably her body settling down into a better balance over time.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm... doesn't Falin have more feathers now than when she was resurrected? In the last chapter it was just her legs I think, but definitely not as much around her neck.

Dex-chan lover
Translation is a bit off. But I'll take it for now. Now for that Adventurer's Bible/art-book that we gotta wait for.

Users who are viewing this thread