Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 14 Ch. 97.5 - Extra - Monster Tidbits 14

Dex-chan lover
anyone can explain the bit Marcille was talking about in page 10, about being "chopped to pieces"

i didnt get it at all
Think its the effect of the curse. Seems like he's a monster-repellent now. Guess his gear also has that same effect. As for being chopped to pieces. I guess if a finger, or any of his limbs, gets chopped off, it'll also have the same effect.

Dex-chan lover
It's not bad for a non-native English speaker but you should definitely ask for a proofreader. There's enough who'd volunteer to do it.
There was another translation by savaralyn in reddit r/dungeonmeshi also a monster tidbids 13 about the demon. Much better than this, although I don't like the choice of a font.

Double-page supporter
Hurts to see Laios lay down his signature armor (he mention he has others, but the symbolism is there) and Kensuke… a true end to his adventure. Though it was nice to see the gang together again, even if it is just for a bit.

Double-page supporter
And yes... it was established that Fallin has monster features now, when they resurrected her they couldn't entirely excise all the monster characteristics, on account of how much time and how deeply she had fused with that dragon.
It's more like Falin chose to keep the dragon part. On the last chapter page 18, the little dragon represent the dragon part of her.

Dex-chan lover
It's more like Falin chose to keep the dragon part. On the last chapter page 18, the little dragon represent the dragon part of her.
Well... yeah, but I think she consumed it because the others had eaten most of the dragon's body, allowing Fallin to overpower the spirit and take control of her body again.

But because of the very complex manner their souls had been merged, completely expunging the dragon from her is virtually impossible, just like Izutsumi is forever fated to be half-cat.

Well, that is at least how I interpret it based on the conversation about how soul merging works in this series, and have to admit... not all details are fresh in my mind.

Great excuse for a reread XD.

Dex-chan lover
Awww Izutsumi with her cat behavior toward Laios but instead of her own prey, she bring dead monster lmao. Also Chilchuck's daughters finally meeting them, even Senshi

Especially Senshi
bb28b88d2554cac55d08f0748fb2c5d5f7d44757.png

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
thank you for the tl! it's good to see everybody's faces once again <3

Users who are viewing this thread