Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 14 Ch. 97 - Dungeon Meshi

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for all the hard work you put into scanlating for us! I love this series so much.... (^_^)

Fed-Kun's army
I couldn't help a little tear... DM was my favorite for years ! Thank you Ryu-sensei and ehscans. I'm looking forward the additional content. Totally getting a DM's theme tattoo.

Dex-chan lover
I guess this is the end huh.... BUT WE HAVEN'T SEEN ANY CUNNY YET! NOW THIS MANGA WILL HAVE NO BEST GIRLS!

Dex-chan lover
The end of a Saga/Era. I hope the animation is faithfull to this kino manga
Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Can we all take a moment to appreciate the fact the demon lion decided to NOT be a dick to the sister and instead only punish the guy who killed him by being a comical genius.
:dogkek:
Also, the sister ended up carrying as well as feeding the dragon´s soul in her "dream"
This would make a great plot point to give her a dragon related quirks.
:thonk:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Can we all take a moment to appreciate the fact the demon lion decided to NOT be a dick to the sister and instead only punish the guy who killed him by being a comical genius.
:dogkek:
Also, the sister ended up carrying as well as feeding the dragon´s soul in her "dream"
This would make a great plot point to give her a dragon related quirks.
:thonk:
I think the winged lion in her dream was barely just a remnant of the demon that remained inside her since Laios ate the rest of it. So no power or ability to control her.

Dex-chan lover
Such a great ending for a fantastic manga. :') I'm sad there won't be any more updates to look forward to, but at least the anime adaptation will help fill some of that void. I was expecting this chapter to be longer, at least to address things like Chilchuck's family and Izutsumi's curse. But in a manga about accepting death, I suppose it's fitting that, just like in real life, not everything receives closure.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I’ve been with this series for so long its hard to believe its over. Kinds sad it is because it was there for many parts of my life. But, I also need to be happy I was there to experience such a great story live with all of you together. I hope the Mangaka starts another story though.

it’s been fun everyone, here’s hoping this manga is remembered for ages to come.

Fed-Kun's army
ITS end... sobs... the best world building dungeon ever. Never Saw Sth as detailed as this manga before. That make it live in me. Oh, i sure wouldn't forget Dungeon Meshi for long .. long... time.
Thank you sensei for makeling this masterpiece. And thank you scan team for your wonderful translation. You give it your all with love do i came to love the manga too.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck this shit was SO GOOD why does it have to END.
What a beautiful story man.
It would have been nice to have a .5 epilogue. I was wonder if lious got an extended life as another part of the curse since the demon was immortal and could never feel full.

I guess the curse is that all monsters would be terrified of his presence and flee so he could not hunt monsters to eat himself.

Supporter
Honestly if it comes to rating thing I suck a lot, probably. I'm bothered by how many manga I rated 9/10 here and elsewhere.
But I dare say I still have the dignity to not throw around 10/10 ratings carelessly.
And Dungeon Meshi, without a single doubt in my mind, deserves such a 10/10 rating.

I'm sad it ended, but I'm also glad the ending was satisfying and most importantly:
I'm happy thinking about the many times I'm gonna re-read this masterpiece.
o7

Dex-chan lover
I think the winged lion in her dream was barely just a remnant of the demon that remained inside her since Laios ate the rest of it. So no power or ability to control her.
It suggests it had the power to prevent or mess with the resurrection somehow.
But decided not too.
We dont know for SURE tho... but still.

I've been following Dungeon Meshi for the longest time. Huge props for the Scanlation team for sticking with it and doing a fantastic job, I imagine it couldn't have been easy to preserve the artwork with any redraws you had to do. Excited for Kui Sensei's next work.

Users who are viewing this thread