Dungeon Meshi

ryoko's art & lore building are honestly incredible.
the food bits are fun (& i know that's the purpose (???) of this series) but i honestly prefer the story-heavy scenes

Dex-chan lover
@cervidae : dont worry, this series pretty goofy and fun at first but the plot will thicken. Although the mc is pretty goofy he is somewhat a capable leader too

Fed-Kun's army
Is it just me, or is the anatomy in the volume covers not quite up to Kui Ryoko's standard? It's not bad as such, but compared to her figure drawing in the manga panels... not excellent, just OK. I mean, some of the panel art in her later chapters is nothing short of breathtaking. Check out the covers featuring Kabru, Izutsumi, and Farlyn/Falin. I remember seeing comment(s) earlier on Izutsumi's foot.

Dex-chan lover
Delicious in dungeon
Desires are delicious for demons
Demons is the center of the dungeon

Dex-chan lover
This manga is nothing short of spectacular. With such an attention to detail and a godlike sense of pacing, Kui manages to greatly expand the world of the manga with very few contradictions. Very few manga have had me going back and forth between chapters to see all the little details, and seeing that it was all planned out from way back (maybe). That level of consistency is the mark of a great story.

Dex-chan lover
wow.. they ate the phoenix

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
The ratings tho.. It's telling me "this is great, read it"

haven't seen such high positive disparity in ratings yet.

Haha These art covers are great. I genuinely love this series. Going to buy if they eve come out in print in the states.

@stickerparty
They have always had physical copies to buy in the states.
They are really nice and come with a few extra "monster tales" in the back which I've never seen scanned.

Fed-Kun's army
https://www.harta.jp/articles/000517.html
https://nklerwjrejhshaasl.tumblr.com/

Have an artbook.

KDNWEXz.jpg

Double-page supporter
Six years since serialization and the quality never dropped, in fact it only improved like fine wine. Simply sublime.

I hadn't read this since batoto's end and it's incredible how much it developped.
Can't believe Farlyn still isn't a party member though. And that scene where the succubus presents itself as Marcille to Laius made me really happy by confirming that ship. If I have one complaint it's that the plot's dark atmosphere seems to be taking over the manga.

Users who are viewing this thread