Dungeon ni Hisomu Yandere na Kanojo ni Ore wa Nando mo Korosareru

I apologize for not being able to meet your standards :notlikethis: I and my team will try our best to improve ourselves and try to give more time to our work, hopefully, you will like the next one :win:
Always let us know your Criticism, we thank you for reading:thumbsup:
Can you guys explain the thought process behind translating
なんでアゲハはダメで... こいつはいいんだよ...
into
Why can't you choose Ageha... I didn't want to do that to the nice girl.

That's a complete mistranslation AT BEST, or a total crack rewrite as it currently appears to be. The meaning of the sentence is all wrong compared to source, and the second sentence came out of absolutely nowhere.

And it's a sentence that's like N4-ish difficulty.

I wonder how people are OK with this kind of "translation" and even back it up with compliments...

into

That's a complete mistranslation AT BEST, or a total crack rewrite as it currently appears to be. The meaning of the sentence is all wrong compared to source, and the second sentence came out of absolutely nowhere.

I wonder how people are OK with this kind of "translation" and even back it up with compliments...
is the translation something like
"Why cant you choose me? Why are you okay with that women?"

I can't believe it give my man a break bro naahhh I really thought that that vampire is somewhat good because she only killed the MC because of past encounters of only meeting the person that wants to kill her and now here we are I'm pretty sure the damn author will make ageha kill mc again and all the progress in judith and mc will be lost ohh nice just can't believe it where the story is going
MC cant take a break lmao
what a twist

into

So you prefer "no translation at all" over "bad translation"? If it's so bad, please take over and do it yourself. Complaining is way easier than standing up and walking the path yourself.

I cannot count how often I read a sub of an anime and thought "erm, no... he said something else?". But it was still fitting the context even if I didn't like it. Edit: I am talking about professional, legal translations. Not fan ones.

Group Leader
So you prefer "no translation at all" over "bad translation"? If it's so bad, please take over and do it yourself. Complaining is way easier than standing up and walking the path yourself.

I cannot count how often I read a sub of an anime and thought "erm, no... he said something else?". But it was still fitting the context even if I didn't like it. Edit: I am talking about professional, legal translations. Not fan ones.
Yeah, criticism and complaining are completely two different things
I am myself leaving scan work now after getting to enjoy the behind the scenes

Edit: Not leaving for now I guess?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

into

Thank you for pointing it out! I appreciate your criticism and thank you for reading my chapter nonetheless!

My thought process was mainly to show the emotions of Ageha in the dialogue, about how she is angry that she didn't get picked and from the previous context showing that Judith and Ageha do know each other, I hope that explains why I went for that but your point still stands that this is not the exact translation, for which I apologize :shamihuh:

If you wish, you could join our group and help us with the translation just be a part of our server and help us improve with your constant criticism as a reader! :glee:

Once again thank you for reading our work I will try my best not to offend your taste from next chapter onwards :headpat:

Group Leader

into

So will you be willing to apply as Proof reader or Translator? we are definitely in need of one, possibly dedicated to this title

Aggregator gang
revenge story with save scumming powers, where have I heard this before...

well lets give it a shot and see how it goes. hopefully MC mans up a bit without going turning into another edgelord torture resume masquarading as a manga
If you read the title you'd know that's not the story at all lmao.

Dex-chan lover
If you read the title you'd know that's not the story at all lmao.
ooooooor you can read the summary

"The story is about Kiska's quest for revenge against those who wronged him and his friend"

Man that was hard wasn't it.

for manga/manhwa/webtoon I was in Manga Pirate a decade ago, then on my own for novel translation (as BadTranslation, the very thing you said). i can do it if i have the time, but...
So will you be willing to apply as Proof reader or Translator? we are definitely in need of one, possibly dedicated to this title
life is busy nowadays so im done with the scene sadly. Best of luck to you guys tho.

(Pro?) tip: Do your best to not place too much of your own interpretation of a sentence as actual translation. We're doing translation work and not localization imho. For me, at least, bad translation (i.e rough sentences, but at least is accurate to the source) is better than wrong translation and localization. Translator's Notes clarifying weird expressions or yojijukugo exist for a reason after all :boomer:

but then again maybe my mindset is too boomer lol idk whats cool amongst translators nowadays

I just realized the vampire girl might not even be dead yet, i don't see a reason for the MC to reset at this point

Dex-chan lover
I'm no stranger to just doing a project because I don't like the translations, but "Fine, I'll do it myself" is not a panacea for criticism; at some point, the other guy did something wrong, and he needs to learn from his mistake. And this is coming from me: I don't care about the people that complain about "sniping" or whatever. Plus, who has time to do literally every bad work out there? When do we get to sit down and just, you know, relax to some series, comfortable in the knowledge that TL at least tried to do his job
I don't know what point you're trying to make, and after all this time, I doubt you remember yourself.
than wrong translation and localization. Translator's Notes clarifying weird expressions or yojijukugo exist for a reason after all :boomer:

but then again maybe my mindset is too boomer lol idk whats cool amongst translators nowadays
The trend seems to be "Well why don't you do it, huh?!" or "You're not my dad!", followed immediately by "Stop sniping me!"

Group Leader
I'm no stranger to just doing a project because I don't like the translations, but "Fine, I'll do it myself" is not a panacea for criticism; at some point, the other guy did something wrong, and he needs to learn from his mistake. And this is coming from me: I don't care about the people that complain about "sniping" or whatever. Plus, who has time to do literally every bad work out there? When do we get to sit down and just, you know, relax to some series, comfortable in the knowledge that TL at least tried to do his job

I don't know what point you're trying to make, and after all this time, I doubt you remember yourself.

The trend seems to be "Well why don't you do it, huh?!" or "You're not my dad!", followed immediately by "Stop sniping me!"
Well, I am just unhappy about how harsh he was in his criticism, he could have politely pointed out that too us.

We sometimes take liberties and sometimes our minds are busy somewhere else, making us do mistakes like this.

Just as an end note, if you find such errors please report those to us. If possible, we are more than happy to have guys like you in staff who know their work. Thanks for reading this.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well, I am just unhappy about how harsh he was in his criticism, he could have politely pointed out that too us.

We sometimes take liberties and sometimes our minds are busy somewhere else, making us do mistakes like this.
I think it's too small a leap from "I don't like your tone" to "I don't have to listen to you". I've seen it countless times now. Now, I understand not everyone likes having their work dissected, and shit on, like me. But it's important to remember that our harshest critics are often the ones to point out our biggest problems. Sure, they also make up plenty of problems, but that's another issue.

@gotl pointed out that the translation for the second to last page was off, and he asked why. @LonelyDarlingUwU responded .(S)he may or may not speak English natively, but his, or her, response made it sound like this was a deliberate move, rather than an innocent mistake. It doesn't help that it wasn't exactly a difficult sentence, but he even says, just like I would, that some roughness here and there is preferable to not even trying in the first place. I don't know about him, but I'm willing to forgive serious amounts of bullshit if I see a weird line, check the source material, and after a brief squint, think "I mean, they didn't not say that... :thonk: ". And that's probably where the harshness is coming from: He was hoping you'd at least try and fail to translate, rather than try to "fix" the dialogue.

When the TL is trying to TL, the mistakes are honest, and you can trust what you see. When the TL thinks he's a second writer, can you really believe anything on the page?
Just as an end note, if you find such errors please report those to us. If possible, we are more than happy to have guys like you in staff who their work. Thanks for reading this.

I respect your group's attempts at recruitment. But unfortunately, I'm the chief translator for Orchid of The Moon. If you see something they put out, 90% chance it was either done by me, or directly supervised by me. And our lineup isn't exactly small...

I will come and nitpick from time to time, though. So look out for my comments on the chapters! They'll probably be about as harsh as @gotl 's, but that's because angry and hostile are my default tone. I'm actually neutral/slightly pleased

DM me if you ever wanna talk about anything. I'm friendlier than I seem.

Group Leader
I respect your group's attempts at recruitment. But unfortunately, I'm the chief translator for Orchid of The Moon. If you see something they put out, 90% chance it was either done by me, or directly supervised by me. And our lineup isn't exactly small...

I will come and nitpick from time to time, though. So look out for my comments on the chapters! They'll probably be about as harsh as @gotl 's, but that's because angry and hostile are my default tone. I'm actually neutral/slightly pleased

DM me if you ever wanna talk about anything. I'm friendlier than I seem.
You are the from the Orchid of the Moon!

The very group which translates these titles!?

https://mangadex.org/title/6bdf5d4e-f8d7-48d8-8789-97103d6c74b6/yuki-no-niizuma-wa-boku-to-tokeaitai
https://mangadex.org/title/bb50d5ea-5eb2-4f28-95d3-07df5f1933b1/kusanagi-sensei-is-being-tested
https://mangadex.org/title/8fc3398e...57aa/hyoujou-ga-issai-wakaranai-shirogane-san

Well, I am pretty grateful for you guys to pick these titles when almost no one was doing them. I maybe wrong but it's just been a long time since I read these titles but I really love you were the guys who did the work.

And sorry for sounding arrogant in my counter-arguments. I am not a native English speaker so sometimes my wording is very poor.

Though I would like to send you a DM in Discord so that I can ask out any TL confusions (ofcourse I won't try to poach or recruit you, at least from now, it's just habit of mine to recruit whenever possible and train them).

Darling was originally a doujinshi scanner so please forgive him for this in lieu of his great contribution to hen- ahem community

Users who are viewing this thread