Dungeon Reset - Ch. 50

Aggregator gang
Ah yes, the elder definitely doesn't have any ill intention trying to monopolize the salt... he definitely going to give the salt for free unconditional without trying to gain any benefit like controlling the mass using salt... You all who accuse the elder of bad thing definitely have no respect toward elder people, shame on you...

XL

Dex-chan lover
MC: You've activated my trap card!
Elder: Oh noooo (゚Д゚;)

Fed-Kun's army
@comeonnow0 Can't tell if you are trolling or really unable to understand the story... In chapter 47, Dawun is clearly shown to find the elder weird and got offended when he saw through the elder's ill intentions towards his bro in page 6, at that point he is already developing disgruntlement towards the elder. With his goal to acquire as many enchanted gear as possible and his already negative impression of the elder, he would be an idiot if he did not take advantage of the opportunity when the elder wanted to buy all his salt.

The manhwa literally shows you the elder's thoughts: 1)He doesn't want Dawun, a 'griffin-killing strongman', to threaten his position. 2)Wanted to lower Ryu Seungwoo's involvement in the village matters and increase his own reputation by acting like a compassionate person. 3)Showing off his skills with the knife and thinking it was an 'effective performance' when increasing the villagers' fervor. And lastly 4)Calling the villagers 'witty kids' when they realized his plan to buy up all the salt and show disapproval, afterwards backtracking and saying he will manage the salt well as a community resource. Calling Dawun a stupid kid because the elder had 'tons of useless enchanted objects' to trade with and thinking that he doesn't want Dawun to obtain a better reputation among villagers.

Kinda surprising with all this evidence in the story, you can still tell so many people that they are wrong. The elder is obviously manipulative, Dawun knows it, us readers know it even better. Even so, I'm curious about this point you mentioned, did you read ahead or is this just an assumption that the elder is giving the salt away for free? He just said he will manage it fairly in this chapter, it could be him tasking villagers to do stuff and paying them with salt. If that's the case, it doesn't really seem as attractive as owning your own salt and being able to use it whenever you want. You do realize he could announce what he plans to do with the salt and allow others to buy their own personal portion first if they wanted and then buying the rest right?

Dex-chan lover
@Franxx Do you know what antagonizing means? Do you know what taunting means? In this case, they're the same thing, duh.

@nzrock Dude, we're just readers, and I'm just posting my opinion. That's literally the whole point of posting a comment on this site. I'm just writing my opinion. And you literally did not respond at all to anything that I wrote. Actually read what I said if you're going to respond to me.

@xEternalSoul And you literally missed the entire point of what I wrote. Did you not see where I said that yes, Dawun is already suspicious of the elder? Did you completely ignore what I actually wrote? No duh we as readers see the elder's thoughts. Guess who doesn't see that? Dawun doesn't see that.

Are you actually unable to read what I wrote? Literally nothing that you said actually responded to what I said. Yes, Dawun is suspicious. No, Dawun does not have a personality to just openly antagonize the elder when Dawun could get what he wants without openly antagonizing the elder. It's kind of surprising that you can't understand what I actually wrote and that you're instead making up what I said.

Fed-Kun's army
@comeonnow0 saying that he does not have the personality to antagonise the elder is a joke, he's pretty much a troublemaker. Dawun literally talked about the elder's manipulative action towards Ryu and says he is irritated, guess who didn't see that, you. Doesn't matter if he can't see the elder's thoughts, what the story shows is that he understand what the elder was planning. And what made you so sure that Dawun can get more enchanted objects out of the villagers than the elder given his cunning personality, his position in the village and that he spent the longest time in this area. Fact of the matter, the story showed that the elder did indeed have far far more enchanted gear than the rest, useful or not. If you want to say that he can ask the elder privately for it, I think the introduction to the elder's personality is lost on you. Funny how you avoided the question about whether the elder will give the salt for free or not as well. Cool assumptions without facts to back it up bro.

@comeonnow0 nah, antagonize is making someone your enemy while what dawun did isn't, he just bait elder to buy his salt by taunting him to not go back on his word about buying all the salt dawun has.

this is my last comment on this thread

Dex-chan lover
@xEternalSoul "he's pretty much a troublemaker" Guess who is making stuff up? You. Since being trapped in this dungeon, Dawun has not gone out of his way to make someone his enemy when he didn't need to. Again, he saved a random fat kid because he felt like it. Again, yes, if Dawun had a goal that required pissing someone off, then he would do it. Again, that does not look like the case here.

And wow, you really did not read what I wrote. I NEVER said that Dawun could get more enchanted objects out of the villagers as opposed to the elder. What I'm saying is that Dawun didn't need to go first thing into pissing off the elder when Dawun had no solid reason for it. Yes, it is completely possible that Dawun could've gotten the enchanted items from the elder without publicly shaming the elder. Or, at the very least, Dawun didn't need to go straight into publicly shaming the elder without trying something else first.

And assumptions without facts, huh? Let's see how he has managed to gain respect of the villagers through his actual actions. Let's see how he literally had the griffin meat given away to the villagers for free. Here's something that you're not realizing. Yes, the elder has bad motivations. He's selfish and conceited. Yes, he's basically sending people off to die for him. Guess what? He GENERALLY still does good actions that benefit the village! You're failing to realize that that is his ENTIRE character.

@Franxx Antagonize "cause (someone) to become hostile." From Oxford Dictionaries. It's pretty clear that publicly humiliating the elder of the village would make the elder become hostile. That's what the word means.

Oh I see...
for the offerings right??

Also, thanks for the chapter! Can't wait for the next!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Dex-chan lover
1-800-come-the-fuck-on-now, @comeonnow0. Stop ignoring the evidence that has been shown in the past few chapters just to prop up your own personal pet theories.

Dex-chan lover
@Amariithynar Wow, you didn't read any of what I wrote. Like, sure, I wrote a lot because a lot of people were making shit up, but you didn't read any of what I wrote.

What pet theory? I'm saying Dawun has no reason to publicly antagonize the elder as of right now, so it doesn't make sense that he literally publicly antagonized the elder right now. That's it. How about you stop ignoring the evidence that has been shown in the past few chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah I binged all of it in one go, I need more, Thanks for the translation!

@comeonnow0 come on now man. He already realized the elder trying to steal his shine and has tried to interfere with what he did numerous times. He DOES realize the nature of the elder, albeit not fully. Not to mention it is common in buisness to take advantage of others. Sure, the elder has some power backing him but he is a public figure. His actions are still restrained by rules of regulations and reputation, more so than MC. You're making a big deal out of this.

Dex-chan lover
@Steelz "albeit not fully" That's the issue. If you disagree with me, that's fine. I understand your point. But when you said "albeit not fully", you've basically admitted that I have a point. Dawun does not fully realize the elder's intentions. Again, yes, he has suspicions, but that's it.

And it's common in business to take advantage of others? How about the fact that it's common in life to not piss people off if you don't have a reason for doing it? So far, the elder is like whatever towards Dawun. He does not see Dawun as a big deal. This right here? This could actually piss off the elder enough to make him an enemy of Dawun.

And believe me when I say that I'm not trying to make this a big deal. I'm like whatever. It's a minor thing, sure. But people keep making stuff up and tagging me, so I respond.

Users who are viewing this thread