Dungeon Seeker

Dex-chan lover
@xShARkx I'm guessing it's from V6 or something since he's still out of the dungeon in V5c3 (current LN translation point). I've forgotten Noriko's situation, as far as job/abilities, after she got out of slavery in the LN, but I think there's a chance the comment could be accurate. But who knows.

I get them not including every floor in the Manga from the LN, but the MAJOR changes/truncation of his time out of the dungeon hurts the story I think.

Dex-chan lover
Be honest with me here: Should "edgy" be made as it's own genre?

Dex-chan lover
@basstek66 I got trolled by a fake link, but the rumor keeps being pushed, do you have legitimate source?

Dex-chan lover
I dont understand why a lot of people bad-mouth my cute girl Noriko , read the dialogues closely and you will see : The MC can only blame himself for being stupid , but instead he blames the girl for his own stupidity .

His self-proclaimed "girlfriend" Noriko only told him the truth " I have been chosen as the sacrifice " with a cute face , and that is it , she didnt even beg , force or trick the MC to become her replacement . He is the one who suggested that he would die for her . My cute girl Noriko even tried to stop him , but he didnt listen .

Remember boys : between a girl's life and your life , choose your own life . Because without the girl , you can still live , but without your life , you will die , lol . That is my policy .

Stupidity : He offered his life so she could live , but he didnt even ask her for something in return . At least ask for a few rounds of $ex with her , lol .

MC-kun : Kido-kun , please take care of Noriko and make her happy .

Kido-kun : Sure . Hey , her lips are dirty , I will clean them with my tongue . Now I will massage her tired boobs . See how good I take care of her ....... What ? Now you are complaining and want to kill us because we are happy ? Jesus , some people cant be satisfied .

Also , the village elder must be g@y , he chose a young , virgin , cute girl as sacrifice , instead of some other old , useless , ugly males .

This MC and his "so-called revenge" remind me of a guy from the manga Dead Tube : Dead Tube's setting is modern Japan , and that guy confessed to his "1st love" , but she turned him down because he is ugly , then a few years later , she married another man , had a daughter and lived a happy life . So he wanted a revenge ??? He trained his body and years later , he and his gang raided his "1st love" 's house , they killed her husband and her father , and they r@ped the 1st love , her 55 year-old mother and her daughter .

Chapter 36 of Dead Tube : https://mangadex.org/chapter/110416/ .

I like this manga more than Arifureta since it sticks with the initial premise of revenge. Arifureta becomes another harem OP manga but this one sticks with vengeance all the way.

@daywithoutgames I don't blame noriko but not because of what you said but because of what I read in the novel
She was put under a spell by the main bully, when he got tired of her he sold her as a slave, she got fucked by monsters, blinded by some dude and after all that she was purchased by one of the bullies. At some point she realized that she was no longer under the spell that bully put on her so she decided to get vengeance for mc. She bit off the bully's dick cause he bought her for sex. She stole his eyes and powers cause she has the same ability as mc and is right now trying to get strong to get revenge on dungeon that killed mc.

the m
anga change a good chunck from the novel, noriko is just a psycho here, killing everyone and everything to "attone".

Dex-chan lover
just read the newest chap elsewhere

I was a little annoyed at noriko's rant but what it sums up to is noriko as the unsung main character. If the POV of who we followed through the story was flipped, noriko would seem to us as a repenting victim who has been corrupted that deserves plenty of sympathy. Which is only slightly different from mc, who isn't trying to repent but trying to avenge.

I think she chooses to clash with mc with the pretense of 'I'll kill you too' to provoke a full clash so our mc won't have any regrets in having his revenge. I think this development could be more emotionally complex but it felt kind of meh to me when reading the latest chapter. The LN is probably a better read with better explanations.

The novel and manga are extremely different:
1. Noriko was never mind controlled in the novel (but somewhere in vol 5-6 of the raw manga said she was, purely a manga vs LN change), she did it so she could live and had a much more disgusting outcome in the novel than manga when we learn it.
2. the guy supposedly liked and that "saved" her never actually did, he bought her as a sex slave, she decides to pleasure him with her skills but just so she can shove poison up his anal cavity under this guise to kill him for exp and his clairvoyance skill (yes, Noriko is a crafty bitch born from her desire to live, not some tragic heroine here).
3. Mia and Mugetsu are not in the novel, rather they are a replacement in order to accelerate the plot to end the manga(i guess?). The characters in the novel that they were replaced by were the Sakaguchi sisters, one named Ami (I guess they wanted to make a correlation as she was the MC's lover and made an anagram for Mia's name).
4. Kido is still alive in the LN (he doesn't meet some random girl that made him a better person) and the MC is still out for revenge (might be vol 5 chapter 9 that Junpei gets a chance for revenge instead of Noriko killing him).
5. They wanted to make a NorikoxJunpei pair (unfortunately....) in the manga instead so they made it so that she was mind controlled by Kido.
6. Noriko is made to be some tragic heroine but really in the LN she's a bitch and a different girl is the female lead, if you want more of the manga spoiler some guy on Novelupdates forums says they'll reconcile after learning that she was mind controlled by Kido and then Junpei ending up making Noriko pregnant (Noriko practically rapes him apparently?).... Incredibly disappointing but I suppose they wanted to wrap up the manga soon.

Ami was the best girl but too bad she never made an appearance, instead, Mia was replaced in the story for the manga who had a much more hollow characterization.

Users who are viewing this thread