E, Shanai System Subete Wan'ope shiteiru Watashi wo Kaiko desu ka? - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
Wanting to get on programming in order to impress your mom, is corny, but as far as reasons for getting into programming that's not even a bad one

There's probably people right now in this very comment section that got into programming just to scam people with crypto, and who will still fight you on it not being a scam

Dex-chan lover
The overtime thing hit me so hard. I hate doing overtime, but once you're in the developer-zone you just can't stop until you've ticked all the requirements and finish it like a madman. In fact I just did 2 days of unpaid overtime yesterday and the day before not because I was chasing a deadline, but because I was so pissed the code I did wasn't working so I worked on it out of spite until it was like 12 am

Dex-chan lover
The overtime thing hit me so hard. I hate doing overtime, but once you're in the developer-zone you just can't stop until you've ticked all the requirements and finish it like a madman. In fact I just did 2 days of unpaid overtime yesterday and the day before not because I was chasing a deadline, but because I was so pissed the code I did wasn't working so I worked on it out of spite until it was like 12 am
Paid overtime is fine, but when it's unpaid, that's... questionable, at best. You could just finish it tomorrow, or the next week.

Unless you work your dream job, such passion would be better directed at something more worthy of your time and efforts than just giving your employers more money. IMO, working on a passion project or an open source one would be a much better way to spend your time.

Even from a career/resumé point-of-view, completing a project of your own or working on a popular open-source one is more attractive than doing unpaid overtime.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Paid overtime is fine, but when it's unpaid, that's... questionable, at best. You could just finish it tomorrow, or the next week.

Unless you work your dream job, such passion would be better directed at something more worthy of your time and efforts than just giving your employers more money. IMO, working on a passion project or an open source one would be a much better way to spend your time.

Even from a career/resumé point-of-view, completing a project of your own or working on a popular open-source one is more attractive than doing unpaid overtime.
100% agree. Maybe it's just my crippling anxiety that if I don't finish a task or find something broken, it's gonna haunt me until I force myself to finish it :fml:

Dex-chan lover
I think the biggest thing is that the guy even understands that he's mostly passively choosing to do nothing. What Suzuki Kenta fails to understand is that HE CHOOSE TO WALK INTO THEIR OFFICE. Most people can't even be bothered to take that kind of first step.

The normal loop:
1. Verify such knowledge can be learned on the internet.
2. Look around, uncertain where to start.
3. Procrastinate actually learning said knowledge.
This guy isn't unmotivated, his self confidence is just bad. He figures paying for a class might help him get the skills he wants to get. Suzuki Kenta knows that his class means little if the person involved doesn't have the passion, because they aren't a college as much as a tutoring gig. I think Satou Ai is about to invent the Coding Bootcamp.

Dex-chan lover
Overtime isn't always a good thing, but they just happen automatically because you're just so passionate about the work you're in. From what we see in this chapter, he's only it for the money and being called cool by his mother, and not because he likes being a programmer, so i can kinda understand how the plot leads to him here.
But still, i really want to see him succeed and take his mother to hawaii, can't wait to see what she gonna do next.

Dex-chan lover
I will be honest dont go in a over saturated industry if u dont have the drive for it. I avoided this industry even though im fluent in like 7 different languages by now because I dont have the drive to do programming as a job its just a side gig/hobby. I found myself more happier as a engineer.

Double-page supporter
I was one of these unmotivated programmers who started the carrer just because (can't expect to earn a lot in Brazil lol)

I am were I am now, a full fledged professional programmer because people, companies gave me chances. I find the current work market, more specifically japanese, suffocating at minimum

Supporter
People like this, who have meandered their way through life without knuckling down and putting in the effort, need a harsh awakening. Regardless of how smart or talented they are. Becoming an adult is about sacrificing your time and money to improve yourself, because only then can you be resilient enough to take on responsibility. If something unexpected happens, be it a pandemic, or a sudden death of a loved one, or a natural disaster, you should aim to have the assets, knowledge, and experience to be relied upon by those around you.

Dex-chan lover
The summary does say it's a programmers cram school but you'd think someone would wanna start from the basics, tho i guess he is struggling with money/wants a better paycheck off the bat as opposed to saving to pay for classes but considering this whole manga is about programming, unless his arc concludes with him finding a skill that better 'suits him', i guess that one girl is gonna give her a crash course?

Users who are viewing this thread