EDEN

Players changed, rules continue to be the same, more of the same shit........
I dropped it.

Dex-chan lover
@MarceloYuri
Pretty much the only reason I say that SAO / Sculptor aren't related to this mango, is because of the goals of story, its atmosphere and approach. In otherwords, "how they feel".
It reminds me of that isekai-skeleton-gamer story that popped a while back, and someone claimed it "so obviously ripped off Overlord", even though the only similarity is OPMC-skeleton. While one does suspense, the other is purely for adventure-fantasy.
That's about why I don't get your comparisons, because Sculptor, if you recall correctly, has the most cheesy and unbelievable MC in existence. He had to work 24/7, yet had the time to become the most elite video-game player in the universe. He is also more agile than seasoned martial artists, and is just so good his sister cannot help but fall in love with him. Whatever money issues he had, they're just there for the author to have an OPMC, and one which desires nothing but money. One instance being is that he drove people to literally eat a porridge of grass and dirt. He's 100% greedy, regardless of his "circumstances".

That's also why I said "don't expect too much", because even though it can be really creative with its game mechanics, it also employs a lot of cliches.
P.S: I actually like "Hardcore warrior", but I can totally agree it's beyond retarded and simple-minded with its own rules and world building. It's a huge trainwreck.

@sSolipsist
Oh, I was asking myself the exactly same thing the first time I was reading Sculptor:
"How does one have the single, strongest character in the game and doesn't know? How can he work so much and have the time to play and compete with the richest of the continent in a game that allows money trading?"
This kind of thing almost made me drop the damn thing, the good part was the development, although full of Deus Ex Machina for the MC, was somewhat well told to keep it entertaining.
And SaO has that "end the game to go free" that the NPCs in this one have brought upon themselves.
These just keep adding to why I think this Eden is the illegitimate child of Sculptor and SaO.
And, Man, what A MASSIVE flaw in design is
Having a quest item tied to the main story drop only once for the entire server and it being able to be stolen... Don't call it a game if you aren't going to follow game rules or just make them as arbitrary as possible to make MC looks cool.
And the Skeleton isekai gamer is the paladin one? Isn't? I really like that one and couldn't see any similarities with Overlord, and, oh boy, am I a fan boy of Ainz...
And the Hardcore Warrior is good, but I think it take itself too serious sometimes and I am pretty sure they are making stuff up as they go. Just like Mortal Kombat. xD Entertaining? Absolute. Brain food? Nope.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah is the skel Paladin one. Honestly the only similarities between Overlord is the skeleton, because Ainz is super crazy geared OP lv 100 on a world where lv 30 are legendary, and the Paladin is still quite strong and well geared but unskilled (Elf mom kicked his ass despite his superior stats/equipment due to her skill)

Dex-chan lover
I just noticed that nearly all the male characters in this have an overbite. It's particularly pronounced in character side views or when they smirk/any other facial expression that twists the lips.
Once you notice it you can't unsee it lmao

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
For the people wondering - yes, it's actually complete in Japan.

Three volumes, 22 chapters.

@blackgreek ikr! at first i thought its just me that having a bit of over-generalization... lol... if you make a pouting face, then thats still acceptable and understandable...
but on this manga, the author drew thinking / not talking / silent expression like a pouting face which is similar to a monkey face... lol...

Above average art style/feel.

Stereotypical characters/plot.

Little to no actual character development.

Shallowly interesting take on reincarnators.

my plot armor sense is tingling!

fucking shion deserves to die. How does he just instantly switch from berserk mode to pacifist? SMH, putting his comrades in danger

Group Leader
wow.
you guys realise there is a spoiler tag designed for spoilers!
not only that but there's also per chapter comments!!
come on!

it had a somewhat good start, but this forced edginess feels out of place. I like goofy edgy stuff, but this just doesn't match this story at all.

i gather them to make them under control, so if they abduct, kill and rape is not a problem, sacrifice is needed in this comic and a normal thing i guess....lol
in the end...whatever

Dex-chan lover
There's only three chapters left, what the hell are these chimpanzee-faced motherfuckers gonna do to wrap up Sword Art Overbite???

You know.... I play shitty B list games and enjoy cheesy romcoms, but after following this story I can honstly say...wow, what a waste of time. Started off a little different, then didn't bother.

Users who are viewing this thread