Eiyuu no Musume Toshite Umarekawatta Eiyuu wa Futatabi Eiyuu o Mezasu

Fed-Kun's army
Started out interesting, but has definitely fallen flat now. The early chapters had a clear vision and goal, but now it completely aimless and sloppy.

Even bad stories can be fun as long as the story is going somewhere, while this story is both weak and just going in circles. Dropping this.

Examples

Childhood friend apparently has this super amazing blessing that kingdoms would kill to have, but somehow she is utterly incapable of doing anything without MC enchanting nearly every arrow. Why? If her blessing is literally nothing but to hit a target, but does nothing about the power of the hit then it's value is pretty sad in a world with actual hero's. So, why? It's a unique idea for a blessing, but the author does nothing with the idea.

Tons of training shown/hinted while young with no issues, in school, random light use of magic and suddenly she has a serious mana overuse disorder? Why? Which also happens to have a perfectly absurd solution. Just why? The way this story thread is playing out is painful to read.

The whole young girl kidnapping arc, again, why? Our MC doesn't really grow from it, all we really get is a reminder that our MC is actually incredibly weak for a reincarnator with cheats (and extensive battle experience). Unless you want to call her new ideas in self-puppeting a form of growth, but again, why? MC talks all the time about hiding the fact that she has the thread manipulation ability, but the story making her increasingly dependent on them is not forward growth, that's backwards dependence on what she had in the past. Her whole goal is to become a hero herself while hiding her past, the story itself however, seems to be actively trying to prevent that from happening.

The childhood friend randomly gets gifted a superweapon that they can't use... Why? Again, fun idea, but it would have been way better if it was loaned weapon, maybe a promise to get it again once she's able to use it or accomplishes some deed. Now it's just unearned baggage with no apparent purpose. This would be fine if the story was actually moving forward, but with it's pacing, it won't get touched again for an extremely long time, by which time readers will forget it existed.

The whole school arc overall seems very haphazard, she has a super powered magical mother who provided her direct magic training throughout her childhood years, are you seriously going to believe that she hasn't already learned all these fundamental aspects of magic that fill the school discussions? Or that her mother was having her perform all that magic training without ever testing MCs magic capabilities? Considering that somehow magic overuse disorder is such a terrible problem, there's no way that the hero mom would do that. Again, everything we've seen at the school has been almost entirely redundant and would have been better shown while she was at home.

The author seems to REALLY want to smash all the hero characters together for 'drama', and considering how much raw potential there is for storytelling there, the fact that what we have been getting is so bland makes me lose all hope in their ability to tell a good story. I mean so many amazing stories out there start with absolutely no backstory and just come to life, while this story has all the setup and support it needs but just flops.

Isn't this the one that she's(former he) didn't want to suck her mother's milk because they were comrades or something back then and due to that she's handicapped but that doesn't matter because she's strong af

this shit is getting out of hand
"The Hero Who Was Reborn as a Daughter of the Heroes Aims to Become a Hero Again"
nigga what?

Dex-chan lover
Next up, introducing my light novel titled "The Time Traveling Girl Who Regresses to Kill the Regressors that Time Travelled to Kill Her" starring "time traveling girl" and a plot that sounds more complicated than it actually is!

Light novel titles really need to chill. They're almost longer than the synopsis at this point.

Dex-chan lover
@Firemorfox My Little Sister Is the Tyrannical Dictator of the Other World Where We Reincarnated, coming soon to a webnovel publishing website near you, probably.

I just really like coming up with somewhat believable sounding novel titles. Something you look at and can say "Okay, that might actually exist already." I would not be surprised if that premise is being used multiple times already, for instance. Maybe the title was just different.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro
I like your title idea. I just find it funny/interesting when certain WN titles are... a little ludicrously long.

Dex-chan lover
@Firemorfox They always have to use some short form anyway, so I dunno why they bother making them like that, to be honest. Maybe start with the short form, and you can leave the big thing as more of a heading or something.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro
No, use reuse the long form as the synopsis as a joke?
The main reason WN authors use such long titles is to try and grab attention. A lot of aggregate websites display the title alone in search/update lists, so a title with lots of information to catch new readers probably has an effect. It's like the evolution of clickbait in YouTube.
The funny thing is when a lot of WN authors do the same thing, but don't understand why other authors do the long title format, so they end up making a long title that doesn't actually help sell their story or draw attention. That, and also, some WN titles are just funny. I want to someday see WN titles that inaccurately summarize the story on purpose, something like summarizing "Rising of the Shield Hero" as "Otaku reincarnates and fights evil bureaucrats in the afterlife."

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why there is so many genderswap stories and yet I can't recall a single one that is female to male.

Double-page supporter
Loving this manga so far, thank you so much for translating!

@Zones
It mightve be an unpopular theme but im sure there are a lot of it under yaoi tag

I do remember a manga or maybe a manhwa where the girlfriend became a man

Dex-chan lover
I’m sure that there are a lot of people he like this story, but sorry, not for me.
The inconsistencies and kinda forced flow of the whole thing makes it hard to get into it, so I’m gonna have to pass.

But no matter: Enjoy yourselves!
I’ll just be reading other things :)

Aggregator gang
well, I know the manga is very average at best but still such a shame that it got canceled. Was hoping at least saw the other heroes reaction, well at least there are still few ch. left. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread