Ester de Valonia

Group Leader
I wan’t to find out as well, chapter 10 is the beginning of volume-2 that has been published, so that makes all this mention of 11 being the final chapter confusing. Especially since it ticks just the right amount of boxes for me to consider it enjoyable.

The fact that even just the readers who’ve rated this series 7/10, 8/10, 9/10, and 10 each outnumber all the combined readers who’ve rated the series 1-5 stars has to mean it’s doing something that people wouldn’t mind reading.

Although mosswine did say that might be the case.

Edit: seems it was a twitter announcement from artist?

I can't really figure out why I don't like this series, I love Overlord and Trash of the Count's Family so I was really hopeful since this looked similar. But Idk.

Nei

Dex-chan lover
I think it's unfair to compare it to Overlord. This manga is way better than the anime and manga of overlord, but I don't feel we have had enough time to see it develop to a point that let's us compare it to the quality of the light novel (which is way better than the adaptations)

And honestly I just feel like this is one of the most interesting isekais. I'm so tired of this I sleep then wake in my VRMMO trope but I'll always read it anyways because sometimes you get surprises like this which feel refreshing while using the same concept that you've seen a million times. Let's hope it doesn't forget what makes it good and tries to make the mc overpowered af for no reason and destroy his own premise.

damn only 10 chapters
very disappointing, could've been more but now its potential is wasted

Group Leader
The mangaka said it's because volume 1 sales weren't so good

Source:
https://twitter.com/hujiya/status/1327121873780559872
https://twitter.com/ulbDZJdiOrS1Jn4/status/1331077743178436608

The art style leaves more to be desired. Had potential but it’s hard not to compare it to the instant gratification Overlord gives.

@Azuciel
Overlord is the bi-polar garbage of the isekai genre. One moment Ainz is talking about getting along with humans, the next he is killed them for minor infractions. The author is garbage and needs to decide a direction; otherwise, it just reads like he's off his meds.

As for this story, it's meh. It doesn't really do anything really well (art, pacing, plot, etc.) so it does nothing to stand out and joins the masses of isekai that just languish in mediocrity.

Dex-chan lover
The mangaka said it's because volume 1 sales weren't so good

Holy crap, how bad do the sales of a Volume 1 have to be for a manga to get axed on chapter 10?
It's not like this one was that good, but it's impressive that it did this bad when the isekai trash pile has so many mangas waaay worse than this still going.

LOL. isnt this just overlord re-written? From having a lust-crazed right hand, to the fearful ruler, a powerful vamp, a frontline fighter who venerates his lord, twins who have unusual abilities? im not surprised this got axed.

Dex-chan lover
@Christopher that's a pretty hot take, you must be a badass.
it's pretty clearly expressed in overlord that the MC's situation creates a lot of personality or identity related anxieties that result in his unstable values and emotions. That's kinda like, the entire summary of his character development, right?

Double-page supporter
Bugger. Fuck. God damn it. Shit.
😞
It's just a promotional series. Only 10 chapters.
Not gonna continue after that.
It was almost worth an 8/10.
Damn.
Was pretty ok too

Users who are viewing this thread