Everything Was a Mistake - Ch. 31

I read the mtl translations but it’s actually really sad!
Nocton’s mother poisons Duroa so all the good memories of Nocton she doesn’t remember anymore. That’s why she doesn’t trust him. She forgot all their good moments and that they were in love. Her best fiend is also dumb in my opinion based on my understanding of the MTL🙄 she gets jealous of Duroa and Aaron based off her “premonition” 🤦🏻‍♀️ Which isn’t always right. I forgot why I think it’s something to do with the mirror.

Ugh.. This dragging out of the misunderstanding is not working for me. We already know Nocton is not as bad as he seems already so this whole thing is getting frustrating.

@mysteryj finally a comment I can get behind. Holy shit everyone willing to forget about all the awful shit Nocton did just cuz he's a tRAgiC guy.

I finally understand why the Duroa's memories are still hazy: Nocton still attemps to keep hypnotizing her. Its not working anymore obviously but if he is still attempting this -whether conciously or out of habit, its no wonder she can't perfectly remember the story.

She can't trust him right now, and Nocton need to stop using 'Valrose' if he really does care about her. Nocton probably thinks his attempts to hypnotize her is harmless because she's still sane but we know she's struggling with her memory loss.

I hope she yells at him out of frustration and accidentally spills that his hypnosis attempts have been messing with her memories. Maybe then he'll make amends but we'll see.

The mom is sus. Probably gonna attempt to kill Nocton. Probably planned it from the beginning when she knew he was good at black magic.

The story's title "Everything was a Mistake" is really making its point here.

Loads of comments about how Nocton is repeatedly hypnotizing Duroa- I think this is wrong? He tried to do it on her but it never worked- but he's afraid maybe it DID work at one point, so now he's afraid if he calls her Duroa she'll leave him and their friendship- when in fact none of his magic has ever worked on her (for unexplained ways? isekai magic?). So he keeps calling her Valrose because he can't trust himself- as a result of hypnotizing everyone else all the time. You'd think he'd realise it when Duroa never has blank eyes with him and fights with him.. hahahah

Dex-chan lover
You know? I don't think Alice or whatever her name is... Is a goodie/good person...

Thanks for the update!

Y'all can be mad about this if you want, but I'm still sad that Valrose (I cannot spell her first name to save my life) doesn't trust Nocton more. I read the spoiler below, so I get why she doesn't, but I'm still sad.

Also, yeah I do not like how much Alice is relying on her premonitions (literally everyone knows that as soon as you see what might happen, things get weird and it's never what you expect becuase CONTEXT). Also not a huge fan of how much she hates Nocton, but that's just because I like him I guess 😅

Edit: typos suck

I feel like Alice is being planted fake dreams, like her dreams aren't real/won't come true because someone else is pulling the strings behind the scenes and planting fake dreams inside her so that she can get rid of Nocton

All this time... I thought his first name was Edgar... as that is an actual first name... and Nocton is much more like a surname. So the confusion reading the line from the mother 'saving Edgar from Nocton.'
If only he told Valrose what was happening to him as a child, but as the title suggests, there will never be any clear communication until some climax point down the line. I'm not sure if Nocton had told Valrose who she was to him that time, if it would have changed anything because she was already under the impression that her attachment to him was under the influence of his magic.

HOW FUCKING RETARDED ARE THESE PEOPLE.

HER PROPHECY HAS BEEN WRONG ALL THE TIME.

HE NEVER HYPNOTIZED HER.

SHE'S SO FUCKING STUPID.

Those who badly want to learn the story read the spoiler below on wtf is going on.

Remember the memory potion the fl drink? Yeah, apparently it manipulated her memory giving her a false memory of the ml making him look like a villain, instead of returning it. It also deleted her good memories between her and the ml, so she only remembers the bad side. The one behind it was the ml's mother. Alice's "premonition" is so not true. Basically it's a misunderstanding game.

@Stoner
How could she know when there's literally zero information on his power and how it works. Even the book she read just described the power but it didn't said how it works. It could be resolve if the ml told her how it works but that could risk her own life cause you know... Ml's mother.

@Stoner
What premonition? There's no premonition on the balcony scene. The only premonition was the ml is the villain, the tea party, and the latest premonition here in the latest chapter.

From what I understand, all of her "figuring things out" will actually be her basing her deductions on flawed premises. Her assumptions were wrong, hence all of her deductions that sprung from those false allegations are also wrong.

When you're so entwined with the "truth" that you've spent years entangling yourself in, years of "learning these things" about Nocton, it's going to be REALLY hard to change her mind about what's ACTUALLY going on.

Nocton hasn't been "horrible" at all. He's followed the morally acceptable rules that Duroa set for him as kids, despite not having those morals himself. Duroa is probably immune to an extent to the brainwashing, but Nocton doesn't know that. He thinks he MUST keep saying her last name because he assumes that their childhood friendship was a result of him initially brainwashing her. He wants to keep their childhood relationship because he feels that's the best he can get, so he doesn't address her as Duroa just to keep that brainwashing he thought was necessary to keep that.

Ugh I hope the misunderstandings get cleared up. It's frustrating, but at this point the misunderstandings have gone for so long and become so entrenched with further assumptions that I know it's going to take a LOT of intervention or time. We shall see.

...And she came to the wrong conclusion. Granted he never did tell her what was up, so it’s understandable that she would think this way.

i feel like on top of the many misunderstandings (which feel unnecessary at this point), i as a reader am so lost bc literally everyone is an unreliable narrator. and i know it, sure, but instead of staying on my toes, i literally feel like I'm throwing my brain cell into mud every time I read this story bc so many of the characters jump worlds to reach their conclusions

tbh i don't care about Alice or the other guy (forgot his name lol) and i only half care for Duroa so even tho Nocton is toxic he's kinda the only one i really want to have a good ending. he's done dirty deeds but he's also been done so dirty so i just want to see him get a redemption arc

Girl, if was trying to brainwash you, you'd be.....brainwashed.... like.... you wouldn't even be thinking about this at all...., I just can't understand.......

Users who are viewing this thread