Filtering based on fully scanlated/translated

I would like an option to the advanced search which allows you to filter by fully scanlated/translated titles. Thank you in advance šŸ„°

Upvote 2
Custom title
Staff
Developer
This has been asked for repeatedly ever since the site has existed, and we still do not have plans to implement it due to things like ambiguity in what "fully scanlated" even means (fully in which languages? by which groups? do extra chapters count? or official translations?) as well as the potential complexity in how this would be actually tracked internally.

There's a reason we've had publication status forever and scanlation status never.

This is in practice a dupe of https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/manga-add-a-state-completely-translated.1077438/

Dex-chan lover
Tryin to find mangas that have an End tag on them, is there a way to search for them in the Advanced Search option?

Power Uploader
Not that much of a fix but you can select the completed status and then click on only translated chapters in:

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Alas this is basically https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/filtering-based-on-fully-scanlated-translated.1084275/
Teasday said: ā†‘

This has been asked for repeatedly ever since the site has existed, and we still do not have plans to implement it due to things like ambiguity in what "fully scanlated" even means (fully in which languages? by which groups? do extra chapters count? or official translations?) as well as the potential complexity in how this would be actually tracked internally.

There's a reason we've had publication status forever and scanlation status never.

This is in practice a dupe of https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/manga-add-a-state-completely-translated.1077438/

Fifty fifty chances those with completed status would have them.
Considering it's publication status and not scanlation status you'd be looking at quite a lot less i bet :huh:

Dex-chan lover
Honestly yeah..I guess it would be too much. I though it would be easy to just try to find series which just had that blue "end" tag but didn't take all the other factors into consideration.

Oh well. Probably best to stick with searching through only completed series. Thanks for the update

Dex-chan lover
Oh well. Probably best to stick with searching through only completed series. Thanks for the update
Hmm, try searching by oldest>newest. It may increase your chances on the off chance an older series were completed by a dedicated scangroup long ago.

Power Uploader
This request is mainly because clicking on a title, only to find it has 3 translated chapters is annoying. A simple option to mark a series as Completely Scanlated in a target language would be nice. Mangaupdates has this feature, and it's pretty useful, but MU isn't always up to date since so many groups just submit straight to MD.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Custom title
Staff
Developer
I'd call it more of a compromise solution in order to avoid false positives, but yeah, should work for most cases.

Supporter
Search filter for finished series scanlating!

This would be really helpful. You know the little End that last chapter of the series sometimes have? I'm not sure if it is the case every time, but it would be nice to apply filter so that you only include / exclude titles, which has this chapter in list of chapters in selected languages. It is not always the case that title stated as complete is actually finished by a group. It just means that serialisation is finished. I personally really enjoy binge reading Manga, I hate cliffhangers, watching anime series and having to stop after 1st season is just so painful when you know 2nd will come but - who knows when...

Users who are viewing this thread