Fire Force

FOOL! That isnt the REAL Excalibur, whose legend dates back to the 12th century you see. Its legend is quite old...

Group Leader
Crazy it took me litteral years to find out this is Soul Eater's author next job.

To anyone thinking of reading this series: It is good for the first 80 chapters but then it all becomes too predictable to the point of being boring, but you will probably continue reading it because you're already halfway through. Best characters really are Obi and Inca (although I want her to be killed in the most mundane way so she can suffer the most), both are unpredictable and make you feel invested in the story.

Also, Burns sucks. (I keep ranting about him a lot, to the point of being annoying)

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

How about this, "Ecchi bad when it's a 17 year old girl who clearly doesn't want to be seen sexually, and that we're supposed to take seriously as a character." I like Fire Force so far despite being fairly paint by numbers, but Tamaki is an awful character, and honestly, I wouldn't miss her.

i'm fairly interest in this manga, i really liked soul eater art style, but i hated how it ends. mostly because what i look foward to a manga is a romance plot, witch soul completely trew off the bus midway. my question is, is there something like that? or this time the romance plot is more substantious? tnx for the replies

The series is "fine". A solid 6. Weird pacing holds it back a fair bit I think. As does the series' regular tonal whiplash. Could happily live without Tamaki. "Preacher" feels like a terrible term to use for a being that we've never seen speak in the entire series. The official translations "Evangelist" isn't much better. "Missionary" feels like it would be a better fit for the characters action and behaviour.

Re Chapter 156
Hajiki's death felt entirely pointless. We'd barely seen him in the series so there was no emotional impact and Juggernauts subsequent "power up" felt largely unearned. The "comedy" deaths at the beginning of the chapter didnt really land either.

Read chapter 205, sudden thought pop up at my mind.
So Arthur Parents is just Haumea's illusion?

Double-page supporter
This series, much like Soul Eater, is a train wreck from a narrative standpoint. It is a pity this mangaka can draw so well.

Users who are viewing this thread