Flying Witch

Dex-chan lover
@insiderz667 yeah, the sol offered here feels a bit too lax for shonen where everything has to be hasty with explosions n shit

Dex-chan lover
@insiderz667
@Galder

Demographic isn't based on content. It simply depends on the magazine where the manga is published.
This one is published in Bessatsu Shounen Magazine, so it's tagged Shounen.

Dex-chan lover
@Thiron
i never said it is. just that chill sol manga are intended for a seinen audience in almost 100 % of the cases. younger kids would prolly not touch them since they might find them boring.

Double-page supporter
@Galder
I'm getting on in the years and I still don't understand the appeal of these "chill" stories. I can do slow pacing. Some of my favorite movies are absolutely glacial, but stuff actually happens, if slowly. This just feels completely empty. Nothing about it stirs my emotions in any way.

You might wanna read the first 15 or so chapters elsewhere, here it's kinda deepfried.
Outside of that, i absolutely adore the series, both the anime and the manga. Since i'm really into chill iyashikei it's probably in my top 10 of the decade. A must read/watch if you don't find the genre boring.

Dex-chan lover
This manga gives me the same feeling as that hot, bright, sunday afternoon. Alone in the house, slacking outside the veranda, just after a cold shower. I'm idling on a wooden bench with some pillows. Ice cold tea sitting at the mini table, with some light snacks. Wisps of smoke slithers upward from a lit cigarette. A breeze rolls in, wind chimes sing. I feel the slightly warm air. The dappled shadows coming from the branches are disturbed, with a single ray of light just hitting the right spot at my face, dazzled for a moment. I feel peace, contentment, and genuine happiness. Alone, just doing nothing, feeling nothing, as I pass out comfortably bathed in that atmosphere.

Dex-chan lover
So happy to read another chapter! Thank you for the hard work!

Also, I noticed that Chinatsu is one of the manga kids that really acts their age, and I love it. The way she speaks and the way her thoughts go really fits a 9 (or 10) years old. I know it's such a little thing but for someone who nitpicks stuff that they read, it just really shows that the mangaka is good in making a blend of real and magical story.

Users who are viewing this thread