Futoku no Guild - Vol. 13 Ch. 73 - Take 'Em Away

Dex-chan lover
Kikuru would have not been so relaxed if Tokishiko and co. were around to make things more complicated :LOL: .
Yeah. He should be notice the cops come near him. Kikuru needs more training i guess

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
I hope the innocent lizard become companion in the end, he seems fun

Dex-chan lover
Kikuru being arrested and taken away while she was busy getting them drinks is genuinely hilarious

Dex-chan lover
OK I can kind of understand not knowing who Kikaru is do to how he avoids the lime light, but he should have identification to prove his identity and affiliation.

Also feels like the whole arrest is kind of sus when most of the people in the group are high profile guards and aces. Obviously we dont see the whole scene, but it still flet like they zeroed in on him and completely ignored everyone else despite their celebrity status. If it wasn't for Kikaru's bad luck, the officers would have just fanboied for a bit, then walked off.
Yeah you'd think the fact he was with two aces would make them hesitate to immediately arrest him lol

Maybe True also suffers from regular people not recognizing him or knowing that he's an ace like Kikuru, given he's presented as a character of a similar vein to Kikuru who has bad luck and is mistreated, as seen in chapter 70. The police only mention seeing San with him, which makes sense as she was on television and became famous.

Hem

Double-page supporter
Yeah you'd think the fact he was with two aces would make them hesitate to immediately arrest him lol

Maybe True also suffers from regular people not recognizing him or knowing that he's an ace like Kikuru, given he's presented as a character of a similar vein to Kikuru who has bad luck and is mistreated, as seen in chapter 70. The police only mention seeing San with him, which makes sense as she was on television and became famous.
True is the new ace in the area, which still makes little sense that the cops wouldn't be aware of someone of decent importance to public safety like True (and potential danger if True decided to abuse his skills) - the same as Kikuru not having some identification that marks him as an Ace from Mebuki makes little sense.

If anything the cops could have remarked that "they treat everyone the same regardless of rank" but in the end it would have been a waste of panels for the same result.
I'm just sad that they go by what I assume be Japanese "we get to search you for no reason because we feel like it" law instead of American "We at least have to pretend you were doing something wrong so we can arrest and search you" law.

Banned
I would assume that this is a false arrest and the village is hiding something big that if it were discovered could put them on destruction.

Dex-chan lover
That village needs no help in defending itself. It has so exceedingly competent police officers, after all. They can deal with each and every problem that might arise, even if it was an angered former god. Just let the cops take care of everything. The village has no need for monster hunters or aces.

Other than that, who the heck would buy tea from a necromancer?

Dex-chan lover
that cop sure is a filthy sleazebag. i'm surprised they're even allowed to arrest guards just for simply having a weapon. it's extremely stupid to do so since it's their jobs to defeat monsters and protect civilians. honestly this town is better off destroyed if idiots like this are the only casualties.

Supporter
OK I can kind of understand not knowing who Kikaru is do to how he avoids the lime light, but he should have identification to prove his identity and affiliation.

Also feels like the whole arrest is kind of sus when most of the people in the group are high profile guards and aces. Obviously we dont see the whole scene, but it still flet like they zeroed in on him and completely ignored everyone else despite their celebrity status. If it wasn't for Kikaru's bad luck, the officers would have just fanboied for a bit, then walked off.
If I remember correctly, when they mention the ban on carrying weapons during celebrations, they say it is absolute, regardless of identity or affiliation.

Group Leader
That village needs no help in defending itself. It has so exceedingly competent police officers, after all. They can deal with each and every problem that might arise, even if it was an angered former god. Just let the cops take care of everything. The village has no need for monster hunters or aces.

Other than that, who the heck would buy tea from a necromancer?
Yea, they should sell like life insurance or something.
A loved one dies? Well it looks like they were in good condition, could use a sword and had a lot of life left so 50g gold.

Dex-chan lover
Lot of stuff coming up in the upcoming chapters...

Tentacle pit for absorbing the cop and San's mana. Seiten meets a bat waifu. All the white mages have their white magic temporarily taken away because Phoenizax gets mad.
And Kanzenbo turns into a Buddha.

Dex-chan lover
If I remember correctly, when they mention the ban on carrying weapons during celebrations, they say it is absolute, regardless of identity or affiliation.
Not the point I was making, but fair enough. Still doesn't change the fact the cops zeroed in on the most supposedly forgettable member of the group, searched, then arrested him and only him.

This despite there being a monsters in human form, a named monster, multiple famous Aces, and a number of good looking individuals. The fact he doesn't have identification to prove his identity is just another absurdity to the pile of what just happened.

Dex-chan lover
Not the point I was making, but fair enough. Still doesn't change the fact the cops zeroed in on the most supposedly forgettable member of the group, searched, then arrested him and only him.

This despite there being a monsters in human form, a named monster, multiple famous Aces, and a number of good looking individuals. The fact he doesn't have identification to prove his identity is just another absurdity to the pile of what just happened.
Why waste panels on things with no relevance? Proving his identity does nothing and the rest didn't have weapons

Dex-chan lover
Why waste panels on things with no relevance? Proving his identity does nothing and the rest didn't have weapons
O . o
We are reading the same manga right? Half the shit they focus doesn't matter in the larger scheme of things. Its just a lite backdrop on which the ero is allowed to shine. So being able to prove his identity matters just about as much as half the other events in the story.

On the flip side of that coin Kikaru character outside of combat is treated as the anonymous bystander. His general lack of presence is suppose to overshadow his achievements and highlights the absurdity of him being surrounded by his harem.

Yet here that curse just has him sitting in a police box for something as asinine as carrying a weapon and doesn't even have identification to prove his identity. If anything he should be being bullied out of jealousy and angst about his perceived great fortune of being surrounded by many attractive females. How his achievements are fake and he is just blackmailing his juniors or has corrupt them in one was or the other.

Bless Kikuru's patience, I would have gone rougue so quickly with town's folk like the cops or the ones that love to "play with Hitamuki" in previous chapters...

Thank you for the translation, can't wait to see the next chapter, are we catching up with the release?

Power Uploader
This manga is starting to fall off. The dialogue's are too much and it feels like every chapter is a info-dump. Pacing is just so bad. Haven't had a laugh from this manga in so long.

Users who are viewing this thread