Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekake-chuu - Vol. 7 Ch. 34 - The Nozan Kingdom's Crisis I

Dex-chan lover
@herloct: Oh, yeah. I remember slightly she did. But I believe with regards to the whole universe of potato-cuisine she bearly touched that matter. ^^

"Loli!
You will go south and get captured in the MCs 'Harem net!'
You must do this to learn some lesson(s)."
"Wait, what?"
"You have your orders, go get tamed!"
"... 🤨"

Dex-chan lover
They're already preparing to bring him in as their son-in-law huh?

Banned
I can't believe this fuckin heathen piece of shit actually went and put chicken on a fuckin pizza... AND made chicken soy sauce.
There are depths to ruining food one should never stoop to even in jest...

@Shinigamisama : Quite so, and her mother moreso.

I honestly assumed she her mother at the start of the chapter, that's one hell of a growth spurt.
also, my guess is that they're either married by elf law or at least engaged, and she had to actually change her name because you can't have an outsider with the name of maple

I'll be the one to say it: Japan, soy sauce is not even close to as good as you try to make it out to be!

Dex-chan lover
@Bluehammer12 Most things like it aren't. But people who do like them will still look at you like you're the weird one if you don't happen to like them, because their popularity is just that widespread. Mayonnaise, ketchup, anything like that, really. If it's something that's really supposed to be "optional" there are people that consider it "mandatory" with particular foods. I'm pretty sure most authors from Japan have never tried to feed elves stuff like soy sauce and miso, so they're gonna go with what they know: average Japanese people.

That's basically the standard for things here. It's just that how the isekai tropes have developed really blows things way out of proportion, so it looks like some sort of weird culinary propaganda whenever somebody gets sent to another world in these stories. It'd probably be fine if they just had the characters do their thing and their friends are like "Oh, I like this" rather than "OHMAHGAWD, JIZZED IN MAH PANTS." Maybe a little less evangelizing about food stuff from the MCs, too.

Fed-Kun's army
Gotta love how in every isekai they always make a big deal out of japanese food and condiments like soy sauce /s

Users who are viewing this thread