Gal Kazoku

this dude the one that make cross account that got cancelled right? hope this one get serialized one day, and not having the same fate as before

I hope it will be serialized it's a good beginning !

@Purplelibraryguy
She's a gyaru because she has pink hair (as you know this color is not really natural in Japan and East Asia and in the world...), she seems to like trendy clothes (in manga Gyaru are superficial and "normal girl" wear... normal clothes AND normal underwear), we can see her cleavage (another manga cliché about gyaru). So that why ^^
After she's very polite, not provocative, calm (so the opposite of gyaru cliché).

Dex-chan lover
@Goronthil hair color being a gyaru trait makes me laugh a little, just cause in manga and anime pink, green, blue, and so much more are considered "natural".

Dex-chan lover
@Goronthil Well, most of it's black and white so you can't tell the hair is pink except on the cover and, yeah, like @icarushector -- it actually never occurred to me that the cover having pink hair meant her hair was actually in a real sense dyed pink, although I guess maybe it does? I'd have expected that to cause serious problems with teachers though. So that leaves "She likes fashionable clothes" (which surely is something that extends to a fair number of high school girls one wouldn't consider gyaru) and "she's a bit lacking in defences when it comes to seeing cleavage etc., especially with her new 'brother'"--which applies to every sister character in a shounen manga, ever.
But she doesn't talk like a gyaru and she doesn't seem to do gyaru makeup or even have a tan or in general do anything culturally gyaru except like fashionable clothes. If this is now considered gyaru, I think Japan must be experiencing a cultural shift to "even more conservative than before".

Dex-chan lover
@Goronthil Indeed. And half the time when you do, people get upset that you're not just echoing their perspective. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir!

@Purplelibraryguy

My pleasure ^^

Well concerning the manga, I think like you this gyaru is quite... plain not provocative not lewd or other stuff like that.
But I think for the author it's the picture of a gyaru just in appearance (like you mentioned she didn't the usual behavior of a gyaru after all), her clothes are pretty normal except the underwear (well it's a manga cliché but normal girls = white panty; naughty/gyaru = lewd stuff or colorful ones). For the hair color I think it's a point in this manga, I agree in many series the hair color is not important but here I think it's to show she has dyed her hair (but it's my point of view).

I'm not sure it's a sign of the evolution of japanese decency (after all some actual manga like "Black Gakkou ni Tsutomete Shimatta Sensei" show some lewd gyarus !!
Oh and maybe you know but not all the gyaru have tanned skin "ganguro" (in the 90's it was trendy but now they prefer pale skin it seems)

Dex-chan lover
Japan can masquerade it as step sister relationship as much as it want, but both me and you know that all japanese want is incest

Users who are viewing this thread