GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Vol. 17 Ch. 94

Dex-chan lover
I'm kind of in the boat with that one clueless woman: Just close the gate?
I'd imagine such an anomaly wasn't intended to remain open indefinitely to begin with...

Dex-chan lover
@exxp
Oh, sorry. I may have understood wrong what you wrote. I read it and understood that you were disappointed that there is only one collider.
About the energy thing as far as I understood the experiments what you said is part of the knowledge they are trying to obtain from it.

I'm a physics student, so I had to skip most of this chapter due to pain
The mist is a stasis field, really? Okay, fine, I'll accept that, but please leave Einstein out of it

@Phaaze

But what if closing the Gate doesn't fix the problem? Or causes more harm than good? What if the only way to fix the problem is having the Gate open? Making such a big move like that with so little information is a huge risk.

Dex-chan lover
@Xelda
But it's been open since the beginning of this story - however long that's been.

Wormholes, like the gate in this story, oftentimes are temporal anomalies - spatial 'security breaches' that get patched out over time.
Haven't watched much sci-fi, have you?

The story could end with the gate remaining open. The author is free to write this how they want.
Most stories involving gates to other worlds tend to go the way of said gates causing catastrophes if they aren't closed:
-worlds merging, in a rather destructive manner
-war, instigated by greed
-a hidden, malevolent 3rd force looking to conquer their galaxy, as well as the one open to them, thanks to the wormhole
-if the wormhole were to be successfully analyzed and replicated, and that technology is used for the wrong intentions...

@Phaaze
@Xelda
Well
they close the gate for a few years (4 or 5 ) and reopened with the help of Hardy and the time lapse in the earth dont change I dont remember very well but the group of protagonists was divided some in the other world and some in the earth
and @Kurofune that is right the shadows are 3D too

@Phaaze

I've watched plenty of sci-fi, but in the hypothetical scenario of this happening in real-life you can't make a decision on "well in most sci-fi closing the Gate would be the key." Again, they don't have enough info one way or the other to say whether closing the Gate would help them or if the Gate's even strictly related.

Dex-chan lover
@sambucety
Is that WN or LN?

So I guess whether the Shadow is related to the gate or not is still up in the air until future chapters reveal that info.

@CharlesDexterWard
Correct, with the introduction of magic and gods does change things. However not everything, and the only way to know that is by building on top of what is already known, and then going forward. For instance maybe gravity isn't really caused by mass distorting space, but a god pushing stuff around to make it seem like mass distorts space. However until it is proven that god is indeed pushing stuff, instead of mass distorting space, then it is still gravity.

Only when there are mistakes through each logic, can you identify which rules are absolute, and which have a caveat.

@Phaaze I don´t remember very well sorry but this part is 65-70% of the story length sorry for my crappy english

Dex-chan lover
@sambucety
No, it's ok if you don't remember. Also, your english is fine!
I had no trouble understanding what you were saying.

Dex-chan lover
page 11 : a bag from a DMZ store : https://mangadex.org/title/15902/konbini-dmz

page 14 : we can call her "breast-for-brain" , lol pun .

page 29 , ped0 old men : can we take this little girl back with us ? we will teach her all kinds of ... er ... science "things" . we will do some science "experiments" with her .

@Kurofune If I aim a projector near where someone's smoking, doesn't mean I have a 3d projector. The shadow is 2d, it is just being intercepted along the path of projection. In space there wouldn't be anything to intercept, so you wouldn't see anything until whatever it cast against. You also can't have a shadow that changes shape along the path of projection. No hidden nooks and crannies that weren't visible along the edges of the projection. A 3d shadow has voluminous information that is distinct from the silhouette of the object intersecting the light.

Aggregator gang
I really hate pseudoscience, but even more in this manga because of the military realism.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh this chapter was pretty good considering its three scientist watching some phenomena and explaining physics

Users who are viewing this thread